• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point morell8. What is to become of the OTL Napoleon III?

Charles Louis-Napoleon Bonaparte is serving the French State as the current Finance Minister. Anything that happened to him OTL will most likely not happen, since his cousin, Napoleon II is on the throne. He's kinda down on the chain of to become Emperor of the French. That chain right now would be.

1. Napoleon Francis Philippe Bonaparte (Prince Philippe) [First Son of Napoleon II]
  2. Napoleon Carlo Joseph Bonaparte (Prince Joseph) [Second Son of Napoleon II]
  3. Joseph Bonaparte (Former King of Spain) [Uncle to Napoleon II] - Unlikely to take the crown due to age plus has no male heir.
  4. Louis Napoleon (Former King of Holland) [Uncle to Napoleon II] - Unlikely to take the crown due to age.
  5. Charles Louis-Napoleon Bonaparte (Finance Minister of France) [Son of Louis Napoleon]
  6. Jérôme Bonaparte (King of Italy) [Uncle to Napoleon II]
  7. Napoléon Joseph Charles Paul Bonaparte (Crown Prince of Italy) [Son of Jerome Bonaparte]

Of course this is all speculation. Unless a lot happens to the immediate family of Napoleon II, OTL Napoleon III will not reign.

Last edited:
"Charles Louis-Napoleon Bonaparte is serving the French State in a non-described role right now."

Then:

"Charles Louis-Napoleon Bonaparte (Finance Minister of France) [Son of Louis Napoleon]"

I get it.:D

Who really knows who the finance minister is anyways? :D

Yeah, I started typing the message then realized I didn't have a good document with possible chains of succession, so I created one. I've since corrected the message.

Thanks!

I speculate putting a member of the House of Bonaparte on the Spanish throne down the road. No chance in hell they're gonna do anything to the Prussians...yet.

My respect to King Jerome, the first King of a United Italy in.... since 1814.

Nice result from the war - Italy enlarged, but not so much that it becomes a GP (hopefully), and Austria humbled. What's the plan for the Two Sicilies? Murat hasn't come looking for his old kingdom back has he? :p

Lots of riddles in those chapters. 514 miles for 213 reasons? 213 seems like a casualty figure, but I'm stumped. And 500 miles provides a lot of targets. Spain? The Netherlands? North Yorkshire ;)? My bet's on the Rhineland, however.

Getting close there AllmyJames. The next update of the next chapter shall contain some helpful hints in figuring out the next few chapters. But until then a few slight hints.

213 and 514 are not casualty figures.

Focus on the last word of the chapter: Miles.

These particular targets are within the specified distances from somewhere in France.

I say you start propping up Greece!

Yay for totally random and completely unreasonable plans of action.

Sudden activity is witnessed within Paris as dozens of agents are dispatched to the Manhattan Commune across the ocean.

...I have no further comments. :(

Except one, the Manhattan Commune?

Google it up, it's a country in Vicky 2 that consists of just Manhattan.

The Son of the Emperor
Prince Imperial
An Alternative History Affair

Chapter 7: 213 Reasons to March 544 Miles
Part One

The Upper House of the National Assembly.​

On a brisk morning in late November, the Emperor Napoleon II along with Prince Philippe and Prince Joseph left the port of Brest, where a detachment of vessels were to sail for the port of Tangier. France’s navy had seen massive construction of frigates, ships of the line and ports over the past few years and was now considered second to none to the Royal Navy; which had been mostly in ordinary to save cost. A significant fleet had been gathered, six ships of the line and ten frigates were gathered for the trip to Tangier. The main objective of this show of strength was to rendezvous with the fleet at stationed at the destination (four ships of the line and eight frigates). As the fleet left Brest two flags of British vessels could been seen off the horizon, though this had not be an unaccustomed sight.

The fleet arrived without issue at Tangier on January 12th and a marvelous ball was held at the town hall by the governor general, as a Bonaparte had returned to the soil of Africa. Waiting the Emperor and the princes was the correspondence that Austria’s influence within southern Germany was seriously weakened and that Prussia, along with Britain were courting with Bavaria, Württemberg and Baden. Correspondence had been intercepted that London was beginning to grow worried by continued Napoleonic aggression and was forming a coalition of the willing to prepare for Europe’s defense. The move by London was not wholly unexpected by Paris, who had been its own coalition, without the strains and disgrace of the Continental System.

An Alliance with Russia, signed on June 4th, 1844.​

The new Continental System envisioned by Emperor Napoleon II would allow for major concessions to be had towards states that were willing to join against British tyranny of the seas. The system targeted mostly Russia, which had had its interests disillusioned and thwarted by London several times. A spectacular event occurred in Saint Petersburg occurred on June 4th, 1844 with the signing of an accord between Napoleon II and Nicholas I. Together the two nations agreed on a series of plans for the division of the Europe and the Ottoman Empire. An eruption of general European war was about to break out, French citizens were beginning to receive their mobilization orders. It was merely just a matter of days before the generals thought the war would break out.

War certainly did break out, between Prussia and Austria on August 19th. Europe’s balance was waiting for another power to come to the aid of either Prussia or Austria; however Europe would be spared a general war, though she delicately hung from a very thin wire. In an effort to help assist with military needs of the nation, Emperor Napoleon II announced the creation of the French Foreign Legion; which would allow volunteers of foreign descent to serve the state. Lastly, the officer corps was further professionalized allowing for the advancement of middle class society into the corps; which allowed for greater talent to serve.

Last edited:
Hegemony war or conquest? I want the Prussians to win, France needs a strong rival.

A hegemony war it looks like. France already has a strong rival, and doesn't need more!

The Son of the Emperor
Prince Imperial
An Alternative History Affair

Chapter 7: 213 Reasons to March 544 Miles
Part One

The tensions caused by Britain were going to eventually becoming a boiling point. Though the stance of the French administration did not help, and was eagerly seeking to provoke a war. To further increase the provocation and tension between the nations, and to pressure London’s allies, Fuel was added to the fire by increased relationship between Bavaria and France; though the debate about this seemed pitiful. The French Empire was just expressing its gratitude to the Bavarian nation for providing the Empress Sophie; which had produced the nation heirs.

What further drove the minds of the British further insane was the fact that Russia was proving to be uncooperative. Franco-Russian relations were increasing at an alarming rate. At first the military agreement signed was of defensive nature; however it was further expanded to be a full military alliance. British minds were also distracted by the French backing of American diplomacy and demands for the Caribou region of northern back. In order to avoid war with the United States, London parted ways with the northern tip of Maine.

Britain had been hoping to establish a coalition of nations in Europe; however this was proving to be difficult. She had secured the likes of the Netherlands, Hannover, but no other nation would sign on in a unilateral coalition against possible French aggression. Prussia delicately sat on the fence; however she was in no position to wage war both against Austria and France; though Prussia would very quickly find itself the center of attention in Europe during the month of May 1845.

It would all begin on May 13th when the Prussian ambassador insulted our ambassador and the Empress Sophie in Munich. The French state was prepared for war, as a large army numbering 100,000 stood ready in Alsace-Lorraine. Additional troops would be called to the region after a border incident between the nations that occurred on May 21st. In this brief flaring of tempers, war hawks in Paris further escalated the tensions by claiming the Left Bank of the Rhine was France’s rightful natural barrier. Before the situation could cool, the Emperor Napoleon II wrote a letter to Kaiser Frederick Wilhelm IV dated May 29th, explaining that France would declare war against Prussia if Austria’s territorial integrity and hegemony was not respected.

Upon receiving the letter from Emperor Napoleon II, the Kaiser recognized that his nation was not prepared to meet the threats of France and immediately signed peace accords with Austria. Europe drew lessons from the “Rhine Crisis” that occurred in May. Emperor Napoleon II could not be satisfied with his current borders within Europe. Though this was an unfair assessment, since the people running the British government were quite familiar with the reign of Emperor Napoleon I.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.