• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The United Kingdom, Russia, Prussia, Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands, and the Ottoman Empire :eek:

May God have mercy on us all...

"God Save the Emperor Napoleon! God Save the Emperor! GOD SAVE THE EMPEROR!" is the chant that we must all be saying over these troubling times.

Coming out off the lurking darkness here; hopefully your enemies will be saying "God save us from the Emperor Napoleon!"

Welcome out from the lurking darkness. Hopefully they do say that!

When ever the balance of power is unbalanced; forces arise to fix it.

Traitors of France and the Emperor shall be hunted down and taken care of!

At least some healthcare will be given to the French.

Hey, I try to stay positive about things.... :p

At least some healthcare will be given to the French.

Hey, I try to stay positive about things.... :p

I agree. That's why it was included in the update! Who cares if we lose this war, at least we got healthcare reform!

I agree. That's why it was included in the update! Who cares if we lose this war, at least we got healthcare reform!

And if you do lose the war, they will need it. ;)

But, a coalition of countries against France just shows how powerful France really is.

And if you do lose the war, they will need it. ;)

But, a coalition of countries against France just shows how powerful France really is.

not just a coalition of countries, but a coalition containing 5 of the 7 other Great Powers.

Traitors of France and the Emperor shall be hunted down and taken care of!

When I read this I couldn't take a silly song out of my head...
It went something like this:

'A traitor is now taken care of, 142.250.000 more to go;
Two traitors are now taken care of, 142.249.999 more to go;
Three trators are now taken care of, 142.249.998 more to go....'
And so on and so forth...

Oh, silly me :p

Just an FYI, updates are going to be a little bit slower, going to try for at least one update a week still. I am doing work on some other projects for games, then also real life intervenes taking whatever spare time I can muster away.

The Son of the Emperor
Prince Imperial
An Alternative History Affair

Chapter 11: Seven Reasons for Treason
Winning But Losing​

Within a matter of days from the declaration of war by the Ninth Coalition against France (counting the previous seven that were formed against Emperor Napoleon I, and the war of 1846 against Great Britain, Belgium and Netherlands) forces were beginning to enter enemy territory. The first objective in the war was going to be for a quick invasion of Great Britain that was seen in the War of 1846; however with the possibility of the combined forces of Prussia, Austria and Russia on land, such an invasion was called off until a resolute victory on land could be established. So the objective switched from a quick invasion of Britain to an expedient adventure into Belgium. To accomplish this, two corps of soldiers, numbering 30,000 each had been sent into Belgium to advice King Leopold that France intended to annex Belgium.

On January 19th, the Battle for Brussels ensued. The heavily outnumbered Belgians (12,000 strong) would valiantly fight the French (30,000 strong) inflicting numerous losses. Though given the overall strength of the French corps, the Belgians were forced to retreat after nearly 3,000 causalities were reported on both sides of the battlefield. A few hundred miles away, the Germanic state of Mecklenburg, which had declared war against France, was beginning to taste the reality of its mistake. The 15.000 strong French Army of the North had marched into Schwerin on January 28th, but was quickly engaged by the entire army of Mecklenburg of 6,000. The Army of the North would eventually win the contest for Schwerin, but would lose nearly three times of Mecklenburg’s 600 dead.

While these battles were being fought, the Dutch began their offensive towards French territory. After scouts had reported the Dutch’s true intention to siege Cleves, two corps that were marching towards Prussia were diverted to handle this incursion. On January 31st, the first battle of the war involving over 100,000 troops (81,300 French versus 32,400 Dutch) was over. The end result would prove victorious for the French, but another 8,049 soldiers were dead for the loss of 8,891 Dutch. France could afford the higher losses more than her smaller enemies right now, but the losses did not bode well for the competency of the generals or Emperor Napoleon II.

A battle would soon follow that would become a shining example that France could once again inflict heavy losses on the enemy without suffering similar losses herself. On February 2nd, the Battle of Ghent occurred between nearly 9,000 Belgian soldiers and 25,295 French soldiers (previously from the Battle of Brussels). The aftermath of the battle; which would become the second to last cry of King Leopold’s army would witness 4,092 dead for the loss of 649 French.

With one month finished of the war, there was hope that a fast victory could be achieved against the Great Powers. However, there was one issue. As of yet, none of the Great Power’s armies had marched into battle against France. France simply couldn’t force her will on the Coalition’s less fortunate members and hope to bring about a change of heart from the Coalition’s stronger members.

Last edited:
At least Belgium and the Netherlands are more or less taken care of. I'm worried though once the Great Powers come into play. Yet, if they attack individually instead of combined, France could possibly eliminate them separately.

Decisive action is needed. Who will be the first to fall for another Austerlitz?

Status
Not open for further replies.