• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the updates! And congratulations!

Wow! This is really going raise the bar, and to think it is before I've even actually began the "gameplay" section of the story. I appreicate the honor and will strive my best to make sure the Prince Imperial meets the expectation.

The Son of the Emperor
Prince Imperial
An Alternative History Affair

A balloon that was marveled at the coronation of Napoleon I. The balloon later landed in Rome, Italy after 46 hours of travel. A balloon was created for the coronation for Napoleon's II coronation.

Chapter 1: Ascension of the Son
Part Three

The Prince Imperial had ambitiously planned his coronation and the return of the House of Bonaparte with great precision. The coronation would strongly emulate the events of December 2nd, 1804, when his father became the Emperor of the French. Renowned architects by the name of Charles Percier and Pierre Fontaine, who designed the decorations for his father’s coronation were back in business. Meanwhile, the famous Jean Baptiste Isabey, who designed the costumes of Napoleon and Josephine was back at work, designing for the Prince Imperial and Princess Sophie.

Imitating the coronation of 1804, the pomp of the coronation day began when processions from multiple cities near Paris, along with the Army, the Navy, the Assembiles and the Judiciary began converging on the Cathedral of Notre Dame ; which was under reconstruction due to damage it had received during the revolution. It had been wished that Pope Pius VIII would attend the coronation ; however the Pope was in poor health and died on December 1st, 1830.

The Republicans had wished to have the Prince Imperial crowned as soon as possible after entering France, preferably away from Notre Dame ; however the Prince Imperial’s will was equal to his father, and he won out. Napoleon II and his entourage slowed the pace on the way to Paris, to converse with the friendly population of central France.

The Cathedral of Notre Dame, Paris, France, coronation of Napoleon I took place within these walls. On December 2nd, 1830, the coronation of Napoleon II was taking place within these walls. Like father, like son.​

The carriages began arriving at Notre Dame, guarded by specially selected Army regiments that had served with distinction during Napoleon I’s reign, though most of the men in uniform had not served under his command. After the arrival of the government carriages, eight horses pulled the royal coach, which was ornamented with gold and emblazoned with a capital N. Accompanying the Prince Imperial, who was dressed in purple velvet embroidered with gems and gold, similar to his father, were members of the disbanded Old Guard which had served under Napoleon I. The beautiful Princess Sophie was dressed in majestic clothing similar to Josephine, the splendor of silk and sparkling gems made Sophie’s age seem more along the line’s of the Prince Imperial’s.

The Prince Imperial and Princess Sophie walked with splendor up the carpeted pathway to the main hall where the coronation was to take place.

Last edited:
This is an excellent AAR, thank you for writing it.

Why am i just coming in now and not sooner?
I dont really like kids :D

This is an excellent AAR, thank you for writing it.

Why am i just coming in now and not sooner?
I dont really like kids :D

I think I'm thanking myself for writing this more and more. I'm actually loving the history lesson a lot of this is before the actual gameplay starts. And you don't like kids? Well...let me just say, the title Prince Imperial WILL be passed on!

(...) And you don't like kids? Well...let me just say, the title Prince Imperial WILL be passed on!

Why do you hate me that much? :D

Another picture of a golden "Royal Crib" might make me run screaming away...
Not to talk about the baby pictures...

Just let him/her be born with 16 jears at least?
That should be possible no?

:D

Last edited:
Child hater.:(

It's a pleasure to read Tekcor, the child parts too. I for one love children.:p

Child hater.:(

I dont HATE them, i just dont like them, thats a difference.

What i really hate are pantomimes and spinach for example.
But we are sliding of topic, so lets focus back on the AAR :)

Brilliant AAR. Very convincing. If I didn't know better I would assume it was factual.

I am really interested to see what his 'manifesto' is once in power.

There was a coronation for the coronation? WTF?

Nice to see you're finally getting into the meat of the AAR. Why are all your chapters so short though?

There was a coronation for the coronation? WTF?

Nice to see you're finally getting into the meat of the AAR. Why are all your chapters so short though?

There will be more on the coronation. Also, I tend to like shorter "updates" because it isn't information overload for the reader. And yes, there was a coronation for a coronation. Napoleon I was quite ego-centric.

The short updates are nice. It's also a good way to avoid burnout - writing long, detailed accounts can be fun for a while, but eventually the initial creative frenzy wears off, you fail to maintain the pace and the AAR dies. I speak from experience, sadly. :eek:o

Besides, these little morsels are much easier to follow. :)

The Son of the Emperor
Prince Imperial
An Alternative History Affair

A painting of the Prince Imperial, shortly after being crowned Napoleon II, the Emperor of the French.

Chapter 1: Ascension of the Son
Part Four

A French cardinal who had taken the place of the pope, blessed the crowns and other regalia, before returning them to the altar and took his seat. The Prince Imperial slowly walked towards the crown ; which had been reforged and rekindled as the Charlemange crown, similar to the crown his father placed on his head twenty six years before hand. Upon arriving at the altar, the Prince Imperial picked up the Charlemange crown and slowly centered it to rest on his head. A cheer erupted from the gathered crowd. With the erupting subsiding the young Napoleon removed the crown from his head, replacing it with a laurel wreath made of gold ; which was similiar to that worn by Roman Emperors.

Another eruption of cheer from the crowd manifested itself as the newly crowned Emperor of the French picked up the Charlemange Crown again and walked towards his kneeling wife, Princess Sophie of Bavaria. With the crown held above the head of his wife, Napoleon II began to speak. « I, Napoleon II, the Emperor of the French, hereby crown Sophie of Bavaria, by her right as my wife and right of her bloodline as Empress Sophie of the French. » Napoleon II lowered the Charlemange Crown onto his wife’s head, officially coronating her as Empress Sophie. The gathered crowd’s glee was on the verge of becoming overwhelming.

Although his father had created a royal court around himself, consisting of his Joseph (former King of Spain), Louis (former King of Holland), the newly coronated Napoleon II refused to make a royal court beyond his mother, his wife and himself. His brothers and sisters, born of illegitimate marriage were denied entrance to the ceremony. Napoleon II had wished to wash his hands of the taint his father and his mother had become accustomed to, as they had both raised children out of wedlock.

It was noted during the ceremony that the newly minted Empress Sophie seemed a little snug within her dress, adding additional flame to the rumor mill that a royal heir was on the way. Unbeknowst to the public, Empress Sophie had infact been impregnated by her second husband. Back at the Imperial Household, preparations were under way for the welcoming of an offspring to the House of Bonaparte.

Last edited:
I love this AAR. Usually I like the updates longer, but here the lenght just fit so well in.:)

Vive la France! Vive L'Empreur! What about the new emperor's wastrel uncles? Will they be making an appearance at all? Hoping for their old thrones back?

So, just curious, but will the actual gameplay start anytime soon?

Not to be offensive or anything; I enjoy these little background pieces a lot. But it's getting just a tad bit boring :p

You are in no way obliged to read the AAR if it doesn't fall to your tastes. There are those of us who love the AAR as it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.