• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Javen

Sergeant
79 Badges
Sep 11, 2009
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
It's 1909 and I'm noticing that in my CSA game that assimilation and colonial immigration is astoundingly poor. I've got 0% taxes and -25% tariffs, along with near-full political and social reforms. I get 2k immigrants a month. I am the third most powerful nation and own most of the United States.

Yet while the Europeans colonizing Africa with me already have built up very powerful industries in their colonies, I have barely made a dent in any of mine. Nigeria, which I colonized in ~the 1880s, has still near-100% native population, as do all the other ones. The Philippines, Cuba, and Hawaii are similarly afflicted. Haiti, which I conquered in 1863, came in as a state and has a healthy Dixie population. Every pop I look at in my colonies isn't assimilating, even with a small Dixie population to do so into, or when they are, it's only 2 or 3 a month. North German Benin has a 70% North German population, in comparison, and was only colonized in the late 1890s.

Furthermore, I've got only about 18.6% Dixie population, or about 3 million, whereas Great Britain has nearly 40 million Brits, NGF 10 million Germans. My population is nearly 30% German, 18% British, and 12% French. I find it slightly odd that with the Brothers of the Revolution, a full-citizenship party, and ideal assimilation conditions, I'm seeing terrible rates of change.

Is the colonization problem common in America? I never had this problem with the Netherlands or Italy. I'm not too familiar with emigration, but perhaps conditions are too ideal?

It's been a while, but I didn't reload. I chose the "switch to CSA" choice. Obviously the newly formed thing isn't affecting the assimilation of the Germans, which happened after.

I should mention I'm playing with VRRP, which has I believe slightly lower assimilation, but it's never done anything but ensure Britain doesn't have full states everywhere.

People can't migrate from North and South America to Africa, it's impossible. Ask the developers why they did this. I noticed this in my Brazil game, it was really annoying to see no immigrants in Madagascar and Zulu.