+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recommendation for final/Divine Wind/ whatever WWM

First Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Recommendation for final/Divine Wind/ whatever WWM

I was wondering if it would be possible to spilt the Hawaiian Islands into multiple islands? Currently, it's one province, but I thought you could split them up into four or five seperate island provinces (likely Hawaii, Maui, Molokai, Oahua and Kauai), with the smaller islands in between being 'assigned' like in the Bahamas, Azores and other groups of islands. Do I make sense?
    Also, if it is at all possible, could you work so that we can release vassals without the proper culture? Or is that just in some part of the game that people like you just cannot reach?
    Anyway, thanks.
    [Insert comment I find funny or insightful but might offend others.]

'It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everyday always just exactly fits the newspaper.' -Jerry Seinfeld

'Chuck Norris would not look BA in a pince-nez. But Theodore Roosevelt does. That tells you something Teddy, doesn't it?' -Motivational Poster

'In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.' -Theodore Roosevelt

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I am sure that that would be easily done. However, I do not think it'd be appropriate for game balance as it'd make Hawaii more strategic than it really is for the time.

First Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Makes sense.
    [Insert comment I find funny or insightful but might offend others.]

'It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everyday always just exactly fits the newspaper.' -Jerry Seinfeld

'Chuck Norris would not look BA in a pince-nez. But Theodore Roosevelt does. That tells you something Teddy, doesn't it?' -Motivational Poster

'In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.' -Theodore Roosevelt

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DanaDark View Post
    I am sure that that would be easily done. However, I do not think it'd be appropriate for game balance as it'd make Hawaii more strategic than it really is for the time.
    I have a team member who wants to do this, but I'm resisting for the same reasons.
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    I have a team member who wants to do this, but I'm resisting for the same reasons.
    Hmmm. I think 2-3 provinces could work out allright.

2: 1 for Hawaii, Maui and Kahoolawe, 1 for Kauai, Oahu, Molokai and the other small ones.
    3: 1 for Hawaii, 1 for Oahu-Maui, 1 for Kauai and Niihau.

It would allow for some pretty interesting stuff with powers seeking to get the upper hand in the pacific. Particularly if more of the small island kingdoms get added (1 for each Hawaian province, etc.) allowing for some complex diplomatic dealings.

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III Collection

Would it be able to split the Falkland Islands in two provinces too? East Falkland and West Falkland? As far as I know, the british colonized the West Falkland, meantime, the french colonized the East Falkland? It would be cool if it was possible...

HTTT WWM had the problem of an even more overpowered Europe than usual from all the new provinces focused there, I think the solution is to cut back a bit as opposed to simply tripling/quadrupling the number of provinces in the new world/Africa. Not to mention Hawaii and especially Falklands at the time were basically worthless, so two/three/four provinces in either would make them a lot more valuable than they really should be.

+ Reply to Thread