• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lizardo

Major
65 Badges
Feb 16, 2003
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Ancient Space
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
In HoI2 you can, sort of, designate where and when a battle is and make reasonably sure everyone gets there on time.

Presently in V2 there is only one way to manage your military movement and that is directly say go to that province. This is a real unmitigated pain in the ass when you want to move a lot of armies to get someplace at a particular time, or just have an idea when they all will get there.

What I would like to have available to me is a means to designate a 'Destination' province and a preferred arrival time.

Then I can just assign armies to go their directly and have the option to adjust times.

Further, destinations could be available in the Military screen and I could drag and drop armies on valid destinations easily.

The options would be to move the date back if slower or more distant armies are included in the invitation or just allow them a late arrival.

Making a 'Destination' of an enemy province could come with some options as to what is expected on arrival.

Not quite but there is some kind of battle arrival time which behaves rather vaguely.

The system for HoI2 is great but during V1 time, it was rare, if not impossible for 2 armies to arrive at the same time on the battle field.
It's simply not the way battle were fought during that time.

It made sure that the troops arrived when the slowest army arrives.

It's really for the player convenience, not necessarily to simulate what happened historically. But event in the old days it was possible for commanders to talk to their chefs and say: you guys all to to province X and try to get there on Y date.

What I want is a list of potential battle places (or just locations) and the ability to drag and drop that armies I want to go there. Like, all you guys go there. Is that so unreasonable?

The armies of Genghis khan were masters of having multiple armies arriving at exactly where and when they wanted. Modern (victoria) general staff were usually capable to doing something like that.

It made sure that the troops arrived when the slowest army arrives.
Yup, and that's valuable. But I'd like to suggest some flexibility so you could have armies arriving on different dates, that's useful too.

---

The suggestion is this:

Click on a province, mark it as a destination. It is now listed in the military screen as that.
Go to the military screen, drag and drop the armies you want to go there.
Have an option for strict arrival or allow staggered arrivals.
If the location is a transport, they try to load.

Last edited: