• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It would be fun to try and recreate the Kingdom of God in my own game. Hopefully, you release your mods once everything is said and done. I look forward to seeing where you go with this!

If there's anything you need or you want some encouragement, we're always here! :D Thanks for everything, Poh. I'll be thinking of this AAR come Mardi Gras. :p

Hmm can you write my report on my internship? ... Though I do actually need something, to know who to Pope. I continued to 1901 and the Pope is having serious trouble deciding who and what the next target for Popeing is. But lets wait and see if he still got the problem when we get there in the chapters ;)

It would be fun to try and recreate the Kingdom of God in my own game. Hopefully, you release your mods once everything is said and done. I look forward to seeing where you go with this!

Ofcourse I'll see to it that they are posted in the future, I just need to figure out if my flavor decision can be made smarter and then I had to make a change to the redshirts event and I am not sure if it makes a difference for the AI in forming Italy.

Misc: World Maps (1836-1886)

The world as we know it of 1836; ready for ambition, conflict, lots of afternoon tea and a Popeing here and there.

map1836.jpg

During the first 10 years Morocco was reduced to one state. Crete changed hands and now belonged to Spain. The British expanded in India and the French in Northern Africa.
The Pope, as you would have read, Poped Modena and Southern Madagascar.

map1846.jpg

Between 1846 and 1856 Bolivia was reduced in size, while the British continued to expand their gains in India. Morocco disappeared because of French ambitions. Spain decided to expand into Northern Nedj while Jutland has sunken beneath the ocean or maybe it was just the Austrians who took it. Prussia lost a state to France.
The Pope now controlled Madagascar completely and it was also here the Popaphant was given to the Pope.

map1856.jpg

From 1856 to 1866 Nedj was taken and now belonged to the Spanish. The CSA formed in America. The French had decided that the British should not have all of India for themselves. While the Pope defeated Two Sicilies and left them only with one state. A very quiet period.

map1866.jpg

1866 to 1876 Abu Dhabi was taken by the Spanish, they clearly had some sort of fetish involving this area. The French had taken most of former Morocco from Spain and USA gained Alaska from the Russians.

map1876.jpg

Between 1876 and 1886 USA struck back and annexed CSA while Mexico received a blow to the belly. Chile was almost gone to Brazil. The French and British expanded their colonies in Africa while the Ottoman received Congo. Hedjaz disappeared as another show of the Spanish fetish. While both the French and Russians expanded into Persia. Two Sicilies got Poped.

map1886.jpg

Last edited:
I love the maps-update! :D

It sure is good to Pope in and see an update! Although seriously, what's with Spain and the re-reconquista? At this rate, it makes me want to mod in Cordoba or something. ;)

An interesting choice of country and a quirky sense of humour - this AAR is great! :)

Glad you like it

Spain always starts acting weird. Anyways, good array of maps. It's always interesting to see the world change.

Thats true you never know what the spanish are up to. A pitty I had forgot all about the maps untill now :)

It sure is good to Pope in and see an update! Although seriously, what's with Spain and the re-reconquista? At this rate, it makes me want to mod in Cordoba or something. ;)

No clue I guess they want to convert the would the same way the Pope do. But it is such a shame that they take perfectly good land that could have just as well been poped.

NOTE: I had hoped I would be able to update tonight. Unfortunately that is not going to happen and since im not home tomorrow expect a new chapter either Tuesday or Wednesday. You can blame my laziness if you want.
"It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?" ~Ronald Reagan

The contest is over and i am happy to present you your final Rank:

6183652contest-placement-10.jpg

Poh - A Pope's Tale - A Papal States AARhttp://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?505356-A-Pope-s-Tale-A-Papal-States-AAR

Finally we are at the lucky ones, and i am really happy for you to be among them!
Your AAR ranked number 10, it was very close, but neverthless you made it.

Your AAR is also some kind of Favorite for me,
altough i have nothing about the pope or the Papal State,
its more the humor and the "Popaphant" ;)

You made your AAR very unique and entertaining in a quite short time,
a good achievement, also with a nation that is hard to play.
Its actually hard to belive its your first AAR!

You where most of the time very little under the 10th place,
only with the final score you got enough to jump 2 places
and get the number 10 sunny spot. I was happy that you did :)

You didnt got any 99 Scores, if you had you would have ranked even higher!

Keep up the great writing, I, and many of your readers,
look forward to read more of you! :)

I thank you for competing, congratulate you to your Top 10 Score, and i wish you all the best!

Poh, congratulations on making the top 10! I'd like to tell you that as one of the judges you received 62 points from me and ended up 4th on my personal list. I hope you will remain an AARlander at least until you reach age 99 and continue to grace us with new AARs along the way.

A bit of a surprise for me that I ended up on 10th place. Ofcourse I wanted to be placed higher mainly because I felt there was few comments so I was unsure how people liked my AAR. Still I had also feared to be placed lower so im satisfied with the position I ended up at in the end and now I also know that some like my work which im thankful for. I like it too and it is great fun writing. Ofcourse I can see stuff that could have been done better but you learn by doing and I have much to learn. So judges feel free to comment on I could do better and what works. Everyone else is ofcourse also free to tell me what they think ^^. Much of it is subjective but still constructive critizisme is always good.

EDIT: Thanks alot Alexspeed for a very good competition and im happy you like my AAR.

Congratulations Poh:D
thank you :)

Poh, congratulations on making the top 10! I'd like to tell you that as one of the judges you received 62 points from me and ended up 4th on my personal list. I hope you will remain an AARlander at least until you reach age 99 and continue to grace us with new AARs along the way.

What! are you saying im not going to be a 100 :eek:. Glad you like the AAR :)

Note: Im very very sorry to say that Chapter 9 is done however my english dictionary and spelling fixer aka. my girlfriend went to bed before she could work her magic on my spelling errors. So im going to wait untill tomorrow before I post it as I believe it is better to wait a little longer for a more finished chapter. Again im truly sorry. :eek:o:eek:o:eek:o:eek:o:eek:o

Chapter 9: A Popes Domain (1889-1891)

The introduction of the remaining Italian States into the Papal State and thereby the creation of The Kingdom of God meant that the population of the Popes domain had increased by 34% and was now 7 million workers. This was ten times more than in 1836.
The Pope used this to lower the taxes to the possible minimum, while still keeping control of the factories through state capitalism. At the same time the tariffs were reversed and now encouraged the inhabitants to buy from the Papal factories.

Let us go back to a few months before The Kingdom of God had been created. Here the first nationalistic and imperialistic thoughts began to appear in the heads of the inhabitants of the Papal State. During the months up to the creation of the new country the ideas matured and went into bloom as the declaration of The Kingdom of God was made.

80excavation.jpg

Among the ideas were the thought of excavating the old Egyptian tombs. Soon after the permit to start the excavations was given, the Pope threatened the Egyptian officials to grant his divine Kingdom monopoly. With the monopoly established the Archaeologists could now get the peace they needed to discover great things for The Kingdom of God.

Around the same time as the formation of The Kingdom of God the Pope enacted trinket pensions as the people were getting more and more discontent. He also passed a trinket healthcare reform in the confusion surrounding the creating of the new country.

80trinkethealth.jpg

This led to a birth boom, the Pope seeing what trinket healthcare could do wanted to pass better reforms in this area. Sadly the Upper House did not have the will to do this, which greatly angered the Pope. Unfortunately he could not do anything about this, even though he wanted to make the members of the Upper House regret their stance greatly. The Pope decided to turn his frustration into a working frenzy. He spent days, weeks in his study. Just as his advisors started to get worried the Pope came out from his study once again to join his less divine fellow believers. With him, the Pope had a batch of orders that were to be carried out immediately.

An order was sent to increase the recruitment of new soldiers. New armies were to be assembled and their structure was to resemble the current. These counted 15.000 men consisting of 4 infantry regiments and a single artillery regiment. Some of the armies had 2 regiments of cavalry attached to strengthen them further.

90morearmy.jpg

The Papal wharfs were also ordered to reassume work, a major expansion of the navy was under way. The few admirals in the navy were pressing for more warships, as these were almost nonexistent in the Papal Navy. The Pope however wanted it different.

90moreships.jpg

Nearly all of the new ships were transports, clearly the Pope had thought out some new godly plan.

The first part of the plan became clear on November 4th 1889 when the Pope decided to gift away the state of Papal Nice and Savoie both with factories running deficits.

80cavourdiplo.jpg

To just gift away land to a fellow great power was not something seen before, so the world looked at the Popes actions with great disbelief. But it led to increased goodwill from the nations of the world and the Pope thought this would be of greater importance to the success of his plan, than two minor states.

The industry got a small setback from the loss of the two states but it took no lasting damage. New factory expansions were under way and the increased amount of consumers meant that there was still great potential.

prod1890.jpg

The factories in the new states, Piemonte, Sardegna, Toscana and the remaning areas of Emilia still tried to get established in the Papal industry. It did not help that many of the workers from these states had been out celebrating the creation of The Kingdom of God regularly for nearly half a year. It had to end so the Pope sent some of his personal advisors to get the whole ordeal sorted out and the workers back into the factories. At the same time factories to supply the army was under construction due to a new Papal decree demanding selfsufficiency.

When the construction had finished, the new factories started to fill the warehouses in the major ports with supplies. Soon the Papal Army was gathered too, something was about to happen.

8080shipssail.jpg

During the final months of 1890 the Papal Navy once again set out to sea. Where were they going? What godly plans had been made, is the Pope once again Popeing around?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:
September 29th 1890: Social Science was discovered as it is needed to pass women's suffrage.

The Popes new Italian domain with large but friendly nations to the north and rebel infested nations as Mediterranean neighbors.

1891mar.jpg

Last edited:
Well, you certainly know how to keep the suspense. No idea what the Pope is going to invade but don't let us wait too long to find out!

I laughed so hard at that Reagan quote - the man had one hell of a way to communicate. :) Slack is it's own reward! That being said, to see the Pope form the Kingdom of God (it's so hard not to write that in all caps) is impressive indeed. No, more than impressive! It's... Dang, it's really hard to make puns involving the Kingdom of God. Perchance a Pope perilously purloins some Ionian and Aegean land, pilfering with extreme prejudice?