By royal proclamation: Majesty 2: Battles of Ardania Street date Set

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Regina

Lt. General
5 Badges
Jan 29, 2008
www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye!
Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more into the kingdom of Ardania!
The brand new expansion for the much loved Fantasy Strategy game to release on 9th November

Paradox Interactive have today announced that the Fantasy RTS expansion Majesty 2: Battles of Ardania will release on 9th November via digital download for a suggested retail price of $14.99, €14.99 and £9.99.

Developed by Ino-co, Majesty 2: Battles of Ardania introduces a brand new single-player campaign “Heirs of the Night” where players must protect their borders from a mysterious mage-werewolf and his creatures of the night across eight missions. The expansion also introduces several new monsters, four new multiplayer maps (including two co-operative missions) and new weapon sets.

The Majesty 2 expansion Battles of Ardania is a digital download only release and will be available on all leading digital distribution platforms.

About Majesty 2In the world of Majesty 2, you are the ruler of the kingdom of Ardania. At your service are your loyal and somewhat obnoxious subordinates who have their own minds about how things should be done. Majesty 2 is a unique real-time strategy game with indirect control where your heroes decide on their own what should be done and when, leaving you to try to control them through monetary incentives.

For more information, please visit
Web page: http://www.majesty2.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Majestygame
Twitter: http://twitter.com/majestygame

m2battlesofardania_v1_2d_lowres.jpg

YAY!!!!!!! An expansion!!!! YAY!!!!!! Thank you.

Wonderful news. Will there be any new classes introduced? Where can we see screenshots?

again a digital only release... ''thumbs down'' (obviously, I didn't buy the previous expansion solely for this reason, and thats the only reason I won't buy the next ones)
I remember, before the release of the core game, you did a poll on the russian website about the question: what is our favorite way to purchase a game? Far more than 70% wanted to buy it on disc in a store... for me, the logical conclusion is: most customers would prefer to purchase expansions the same way.

again a digital only release... ''thumbs down'' (obviously, I didn't buy the previous expansion solely for this reason, and thats the only reason I won't buy the next ones)
I remember, before the release of the core game, you did a poll on the russian website about the question: what is our favorite way to purchase a game? Far more than 70% wanted to buy it on disc in a store... for me, the logical conclusion is: most customers would prefer to purchase expansions the same way.
Digital distribution has to be cheaper and therefore has a higher profit margin than retail distribution. With an expansion pack, it should not be too difficult to estimate the upper limit on potential sales: they know how many people have bought the base game, and past performance is probably a good indicator of what portion will buy the expansion pack. It is quite possible that the estimated market is small enough that retail distribution is unlikely to turn a profit but digital distribution will.

I don't care if it is retail or digital. I am just really excited that the expansion is coming out in just over a week!!

I don't mind (much) that it is a digital download, I have quite a few games that I purchased this way. What I mind is that they are charging 15 dollars for a digital download add-on. Think I'll wait awhile. Maybe it will come as a packaged deal later on and be worth the price.

Yeah I agree that the price is steep for a DLC that recycles much and adds little. I mean, think of all of the content that comes with a Fallout or Borderlands DLC, and those are just $10. Heck, right now I can buy Left 4 Dead 2 for $10 on steam.

But, being the sucker I am for more Majesty 2, I'll probably end up buying it anyway.