• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This cosmetic change is good, but I would really like that if we could "give and take". Unlike what has been said before, I think AI can negociate correct provinces and not be fooled in a peace treaty. Anyway, if the AI is to be fooled with give-and-take option, that is because it is already fooled in the original one-way peace deals. I would also like to have a deeper relation with my allies.

This is a nice change and one that I always felt would be a significant improvement. I spot some more new provinces we haven't seen before, too! :p

I do not know if this is the right thread but I have a question:

I read in Victoria 2 it is possible to fully annex a country that loses an independence war in one step, which seems to make sense. Will this also be included via this add on here?

This cosmetic change is good, but I would really like that if we could "give and take". Unlike what has been said before, I think AI can negociate correct provinces and not be fooled in a peace treaty. Anyway, if the AI is to be fooled with give-and-take option, that is because it is already fooled in the original one-way peace deals. I would also like to have a deeper relation with my allies.
+ 1 on that, but about the allies part, when at war you have penalties for trade etc.
What if when at war you gained a penalty in COT, tarrifs etc etc etc, gaining a huge penalty for the country you are at war with ( your merchants in their COT, if not yet banned will only make 1/4 of the normal payment ) but you for example get an increase in production which the benefit of that is shared between you and your allies.

Saying if denmark and norway and sweden would go to war with the HRE, denmark would take the hit, norway and sweden would occasionally send some stacks, but for being the meatshield denmark will benefit from the intensified industry of its pact, in order to fight on in behalf of his alliance.

I think this is not overpowerd at all, and makes completely sense.
Same as sweden providing supplies for nazi germany whilst france england and the us supplied eachother intensily whilst keeping eachother at bay.

Like many above I was expecting news about things to do while in peace, finally something to keep me interested than just waging war. And after it turned out that this was about peace settlements I too was hoping for a give&take peace option but no... Anyway, the interface improvement is a good start.

Like many above I was expecting news about things to do while in peace, finally something to keep me interested than just waging war. And after it turned out that this was about peace settlements I too was hoping for a give&take peace option but no... Anyway, the interface improvement is a good start.

I suspect that a more interesting peace time would require at least a series of new features of considerable size, therefore warranting an expansion on its own. Though I share your sentiments, an interactive peace time would be nice. Let's wait and see what the improved trade and improved diplomacy features will entail. :)

Edit: 1K posts, yeah :D

Looks good to me. I would imaghine this feature will find its way into other titles too, makes sense. As for give and take... yeah, it would be nice, but they could either implement that and spend ages trying to get the AI to understand it, or (I bet) they could add several other new features. I just can't imagine the AI could handle it.

I do not know if this is the right thread but I have a question:

I read in Victoria 2 it is possible to fully annex a country that loses an independence war in one step, which seems to make sense. Will this also be included via this add on here?

Been the case for absolutely ages, every time you see France get anexed by some country that should be a OPM it's because of this feature :)

As for give and take [...]I just can't imagine the AI could handle it.

Well,
"provinces are worth x/2",
"same culture/same religion provinces are worth x",
"cored provinces are worth x+2",
"cored+same culture/cored+same religion provinces are worth x+5",
"cored+same culture+same religion provinces are worth x+10"
... might be somewhere near a kind of good start, no?
I mean, if you can scale the value of provinces, the peace deals might not be that big of a nightmare. At least, not as " :confused: " as they can already be.

Just thinking out loud here, but ...

I must say, Flatus of God is well on it's way to becoming the first EU3 expansion I buy on release.

Good job Besuchov (and Paradox)! :)

Just add it to the peace deal, and the map will center around the province.

Fantastic, that's great news. Thanks!

Well,
"provinces are worth x/2",
"same culture/same religion provinces are worth x",
"cored provinces are worth x+2",
"cored+same culture/cored+same religion provinces are worth x+5",
"cored+same culture+same religion provinces are worth x+10"
... might be somewhere near a kind of good start, no?
I mean, if you can scale the value of provinces, the peace deals might not be that big of a nightmare. At least, not as " :confused: " as they can already be.

Just thinking out loud here, but ...

The AI would need to understand the importance of location to make these deals. Without that comprehension, if you were allowed to have two-way peace deals with the AI, you might as well open the cheat menu every time you deal with the AI, you will be able to outbargain it so badly.

Adding two-way peace deals as an option between player-controlled countries in multiplayer would be a different thing.

I'd have liked to see Vicky's War Goal system added instead of the old one, but I suppose the interface improvemenets are nice.

you will be able to outbargain it so badly.

I might be a little thick (or simply not as fluent in english -and modding- as I'd like to be), but I'm not getting it.
How does "8 provinces = 88% peace deal on your 92% warscore" differs a lot from "18 provinces in and 10 provinces out = 88% peace deal on your 92% warscore" ?