• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sute]{h;11770098 said:
I for one don't want give and take deals. The AI wont be able to correctly estimated the worth of such a complex trade. And why should a victor give territory to the loser? Do we have any historical precedence for that?

Erm yeah. It was rather common. "Here you can have our colony as compensation for what we took" etc.

Give and Take peace options? Please? Please?
This.

Very snazzy new feature, but what use is it if we can't have more realistic treaties themselves? ;)

Sute]{h;11770098 said:
I for one don't want give and take deals. The AI wont be able to correctly estimated the worth of such a complex trade. And why should a victor give territory to the loser? Do we have any historical precedence for that?

I agree, it's somewhat strange and value is very context specific. The AI cannot possibly grasp what would consitute a fair deal.

Great additions. I never really liked the old peace interface (it was especially annoying when fighting against colonial powers).
And I love the reset-button as it makes fiddling around with demands to find the best ones much more comfortable.

Will the colours shown on the map be moddable?

Sute]{h;11770098 said:

Absolutley tons of precendent. From the US paying Mexico after the 1848 war, to all the horsetrading over the Carribean and India that France and Britain went through in the eighteenth century. just have a look at the peace treaty to one of the wars of succession there was a good smattering of give and take by each side. Hell even the peace treaty that ended the Anarchy (1154) basically consisted of dynastic give and take!

Most excellent improvement. Be happy!

Most excellent improvement. Be happy!
Agreed. All I can say I wish they had done this sooner. I hope these changes will be incorporated into all the other Clausewitz engine games.

Really nice, makes negotiations much easier!

One question though: why keep the list where to choose from which provinces you want or are about to give up? Why not to simply click on the map what you want for yourself? :)

Well, the list is clean and it shows exactly what you can demand. For adding/removing provinces, clicking on the map i already implemented. ie you can both eat and have the cake, no lies.

+1
Excelent suggestion.

May I also suggest that we add a magnifying lens icon (or something) in the diplomacy window so that we could centre the map when we want to know where exactly that province is, along with its surrounding?

Just add it to the peace deal, and the map will center around the province.

+1

Nice improvement, it was needed

I wish you guys had made these changes as well:

When releasing states, you can determine what provinces are released.
Allow for transfer of provinces to the loser as well, for an exchange peace deal. This would be warscore inefficient and limited to non-cores on your home continent though.

Good improvement, and one that was needed indeed.

you can both eat and have the cake, no lies.

Hooray for cake!

This change is fantastic. I can't count how many times I have closed the peace deal screen when figuring out exactly what I want to take, especially when I want 3 overseas provinces that border mine, but the small map only shows Europe. I'm also not nearly as hardcore a many here, so I can never remember where most provinces are.

1. This is pretty sweet, and will make suing for peace that much more streamlined and hassle free.

2. I'm going to be greedy and request something more anyway. Any chance of making it so that if a war leader demands concessions on behalf of an ally, the ally takes the infamy hit? At the moment, there's absolutely no reason to give your allies anything after a war, and this has always irked me. (To prevent abuse, the ally should have the choice of refusing what's offered to them.)

ie you can both eat and have the cake, no lies.
Are we lucky enough that the 'decide what provinces a released state will get'-stripper will jump out of it too?

I really like these improvements but still have a question:
In real life truce is before the peace treaty and not after. So, just like in HoI3 there is this surrender thing. It could be converted into EU3 but it won't be a nation's surrender but its willingness to sign a truce and then the peace treaties begin. But it's just causistry.