• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(228724)

Corporal
8 Badges
Sep 26, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
In my current Italy-game, I'm trying to conquer Yemen. The problem is, Russia wants to cut them down to size, so we both are at war with her, but not allied and I have about half occupied and the bear, too. What can I do to get Yemen other than declaring war on Russia?

Wait for Yemen and Russia to sign peace. Then you can occupy the Russian held territory when it reverts back to Yemen control. Or tag-switch to Yemen and offer Russia peace on the cut down to size war goal. Then finish your war.

My warscore is about 60, so Russia's should be about. However, for annexation I need a warscore of 100 and I think cut down to size is about 50, so we cant sign peace treaties.
I just did not want to let the Russians win, so they lose prestige and get militancy :D But I guess tag-switching is my only option. Thanks.

The title suggest he wants to annex them so he'll need all of their provinces :)

I know what the OP meant and that's exactly what I'm saying so I'm not sure why you feel the need to state the obvious.

To clarify you can (maybe not always) get the AI to accept a peace offer that's worth more than your current warscore (i.e. demand annexation without occupying the whole country) if the AI country has been completely occupied.

I was able to annex Ahu Dahbi with a 75% warscore; Britain had a Establish Protectorate warscore and managed to take one province.

My warscore is about 60, so Russia's should be about. However, for annexation I need a warscore of 100 and I think cut down to size is about 50, so we cant sign peace treaties.
I just did not want to let the Russians win, so they lose prestige and get militancy :D But I guess tag-switching is my only option. Thanks.

Then tag switch to the Russians and offer a white peace... its gamey, but so is the above tactic...

I wonder if the game engine would let you intervene directly in the Russian-Yemen war (on the Yemen side), so you could retake the Russian held Yemen provinces and get the Russians to agree to WP, then occupy them yourself!

I wonder if the game engine would let you intervene directly in the Russian-Yemen war (on the Yemen side), so you could retake the Russian held Yemen provinces and get the Russians to agree to WP, then occupy them yourself!

Probably not. Declaring war would have cost atleast 100 relation points, and you need to be friendly or above to intervene...

Yemen eventually gave in (probably due to war exhaustion), but I do not know whether they offered Russia peace as well, so no tag-switching was necessary :D