+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Broken Star - An AoD Mod

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

The Broken Star - An AoD Mod

The Broken Star
    0.4 Download

The Broken Star is a mod I've created. It starts in October 1990, when Eastern and Western Germany was unified, marking the last years of the Soviet Union. From this event, Soviet Union slowly collapses - or reincarnates. Currently there is only one scenario, the 1990 one, but when it's ready, I intend to do an earlier (198x, maybe) and a later version (similar to MDS, starting from 200x). The scenarios run until 9999, December 31. So it has no time limit, which gives you the chance to run any scenario you want (without needing to worry "Now I have less time"). Killerrabbit allowed me to use events, flags and other material from his Modern Day Scenario II mod for HoI2.

This timeline should be very interesting to play, since there are many ahistorical possibilities in addition to the historical ones: What if Yugoslavia never broke, What if the Soviet Union forced Germany back to the Warsaw Pact, what if the European Union was never born?

Rough map of Europe. I haven't touched Africa yet, and therefore it still has some colonial provinces. I'm also not 100% sure about the Soviet-Polish border, but I think it's approximately right (maybe 1-3 provinces wrong).
    I also changed Germany's color to the same it is in MDS, because it was a new Germany, who doesn't deserve a Gray, WW2 Germany's color.

Here are the military alliances:

EU starts as empty, since the game will later feature events that allow certain nations like France or Germany to either stay in NATO or join the EU (too bad AoD doesn't allow nation in multiple alliances).
    I've also done two ministers for testing purposes (more to come later): Mikhail Gorbachev and Mauno Koivisto. Here's Gorbachev:

Crappy JPEG compression.
    Okay, so right now I need volunteers, who either provide some information or mod certain things (like a specific nation's file, then posts it to me).

WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:

- Techteams
    - National descriptions
    - Ministers
    - Leaders
    - Events

Crew:
    Tuore - Mod Leader, overall modding
    guy_montag - tech teams, events and ministers, specifically for Italy
    Haru Yo Koi - China-related information
    kiahoga - Event suggestions
    Sintetik - Russia-related
    RedPhalanx - Election events

Additional thanks to:
    Zimon - For his resource icons
    Killerrabbit and the MDS team - allowing me to use certain events and flags
    nomonhan - Extended tech team.
    Titan79 - Supply & Oil meters
    Last edited by tuore; 03-04-2010 at 18:18.
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

EU and NATO might as well be the same thing.

All of western is NATO after all and you can't be in more then one alliance.

TBH you could just leave them as the "allies" and include Japan, South Korea and Australia/NZ, since the ANZUS treaty and US obligations to SK and Japan pretty much put them in the same block.

I can help you with whatever you need about Greece and Cyprus.
    Eντελέχεια: The one and single purpose for whom everything exists and is tied with until death or destruction.

An Irishman playing Cretan traditional music is like a German visiting Italy and opening an excellent Spaghetti company.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Dichromate View Post
    EU and NATO might as well be the same thing.

All of western is NATO after all and you can't be in more then one alliance.

TBH you could just leave them as the "allies" and include Japan, South Korea and Australia/NZ, since the ANZUS treaty and US obligations to SK and Japan pretty much put them in the same block.
    Hmm. I wonder if we could use the EU slot for some kind of Arab union...?

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop2 View Post
    I can help you with whatever you need about Greece and Cyprus.
    Thanks, I need 1990 leaders, what about their possible sliders?

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Any chance for EU unification chain?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeDub View Post
    Any chance for EU unification chain?
    If you mean unifying it, MDS style, then yes. Killerrabbit gave me the rights to use any MDS events.
    I will also use the nuke event from MDS, so that if things are going bad or enemies use nukes, you're allowed to do so too.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Anything that is GFX like, i can help drop a PM, and I shall see what I can do
    Tech teams, leader pics and tech pics. For the interface pictures and flags, I'd like to create them myself, as I've done pretty much of it already.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

I can help with South American ministers and events if you'd like.
    "All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
    Winston Churchill
    "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
    Mohandas Gandhi
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in that grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sectorknight21 View Post
    I can help with South American ministers and events if you'd like.
    That would be nice.

If nothing else, then you guys can just post some good nation descriptions. But I would really need someone who could create events or modify a nation.

Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    That would be nice.

If nothing else, then you guys can just post some good nation descriptions. But I would really need someone who could create events or modify a nation.
    if there isn't someone who knows better than me how to do this, i will be happy to contribute with italian things..

anyway this mod sounds very good to me!
    My English Is So Scholastic That I Laugh At Saint Thomas!
    If you know, show off; if you don't know, invent!
    My AAR -> sAARawakian History I

Quote Originally Posted by guy_montag View Post
    if there isn't someone who knows better than me how to do this, i will be happy to contribute with italian things..

anyway this mod sounds very good to me!
    Completely OT: Is your name taken from the Montag from Fahrenheit 451?

Completely OT: Is your name taken from the Montag from Fahrenheit 451?
    it's taken from a charachter of the game 'starcraft', whose name was taken from the Fahrenheit 451's guy..so yes!

it's taken from a charachter of the game 'starcraft', whose name was taken from the Fahrenheit 451's guy..so yes!
    I knew it!
    Anyway, you could provide Italian ministers, Italian techteams, Italian leaders.

Okay, since I'm really putting a lot of effort in this, I must ask: How many is interested to help? In any way? You guys can do almost anything from posting battle pictures to modding a whole country. Even possible techteam names are appreciated. So far I've almost done new technology NAMES and years (not the actual tech effects), corrected European provinces, corrected China, and so on.
    But I would need some list of for example Soviet Union's ministers in 1990.

And what do you think, should we use an MDS styled Eastern and Western armours?

I also updated the first post.
    Last edited by tuore; 28-02-2010 at 18:43.

I knew it!
    Anyway, you could provide Italian ministers, Italian techteams, Italian leaders.
    this evening i will start researching italian cabinet of 1990-1992-1994-1996-2001..after i think we can use MDS ministers
    but, what about the ID's? shall i use the ones of MDS or not?

Lightbulb

for country description, china(PRC)- after the civil war, the communist took control, for having bad relationships with western civilization, it isolates it self. and for having some political events like the "cultural revolution" left the country in chaos. chairman mao ze tung wants spread communism to the world, and it's relations with soviet union(USSR) got worse and worse in the 1970's, and then china starts to negociate with us and other western countries, and when Deng Xiao Ping took control, he starts to make economic reforms, china's economic starts to rise, china has became a capitalist country, but not yet a democracy.

this evening i will start researching italian cabinet of 1990-1992-1994-1996-2001..after i think we can use MDS ministers
    but, what about the ID's? shall i use the ones of MDS or not?
    I like to use some id's that certainly are not in use. MDS probably overwrites some OR adds new ones, it's hard to check. I use the id's starting from 888000 and going like 888001 888002 etc. that way I make sure it's not used. Italy could use 555000 onward.

Quote Originally Posted by whatguts View Post
    for country description, china(PRC)- after the civil war, the communist took control, for having bad relationships with western civilization, it isolates it self. and for having some political events like the "cultural revolution" left the country in chaos. chairman mao ze tung wants spread communism to the world, and it's relations with soviet union(USSR) got worse and worse in the 1970's, and then china starts to negociate with us and other western countries, and when Deng Xiao Ping took control, he starts to make economic reforms, china's economic starts to rise, china has became a capitalist country, but not yet a democracy.
    Thanks!

[QUOTE=tuore;10836736]I like to use some id's that certainly are not in use. MDS probably overwrites some OR adds new ones, it's hard to check. I use the id's starting from 888000 and going like 888001 888002 etc. that way I make sure it's not used. Italy could use 555000 onward.
    [QUOTE]

i've done the cabinets 1990-2006...how can i upload the file?

[QUOTE=guy_montag;10837201][QUOTE=tuore;10836736]I like to use some id's that certainly are not in use. MDS probably overwrites some OR adds new ones, it's hard to check. I use the id's starting from 888000 and going like 888001 888002 etc. that way I make sure it's not used. Italy could use 555000 onward.

i've done the cabinets 1990-2006...how can i upload the file?
    Use a site like filefront, or send them to my email, which is tuorexx@hotmail.com.

[QUOTE=tuore;10837239][QUOTE=guy_montag;10837201]
    I like to use some id's that certainly are not in use. MDS probably overwrites some OR adds new ones, it's hard to check. I use the id's starting from 888000 and going like 888001 888002 etc. that way I make sure it's not used. Italy could use 555000 onward.

Use a site like filefront, or send them to my email, which is tuorexx@hotmail.com.
    i'll send you by email, there are only official cabinets, for the alternatives it will take longer; so it's not definitive, feel free to do any changes you like!

sended! XD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast