* by elves and a ritual sacrifice of cash on the alter of unsuspended disbelief.* The Kiel Canal, Panama Canal, and Suez Canal were built in a day.
* the same elves build factories ports and railroads but need more time to do these simple tasks than the Manhattan Project.
* That you can eat a critter or skin it but not do both.
* Sheep are inedible and must be ground into fiber.
* All factory technological improvements (magically implemented by said elves) will magically expire on Dec. 31, 1935.
* Cavalry horses are summoned by magic.
* The same elves that built the ports and railroads operate them.