• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Arizal

Field Marshal
100 Badges
Aug 9, 2006
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • PDXCon 2019 "King"
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Deus Vult
  • Sengoku
  • March of the Eagles
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Prison Architect
  • Magicka
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Surviving Mars
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
I was thinking about why IA do a white peace when they have so much war score, like told in another thread. And I strated to think that many time, if you don't want to smash the infamy limit or to make completely pointless demand to your ennemy. I think the system, unpurposely, draw us to make those demand, because if we don't, we fought for nothing.

But what if unused war score could be automatically converted to prestige for the ennemy and his friend and for you and your friends? Like that, maybe a country would be less willing to quit a war when they are defeated because their allies are and they could help them. The other thing goes with all the difficulties of this concept of "leader of alliance", thought.

The other thing is that if we make this change, apparently, humiliate someone would have no effect, but not if "humiliate" CB is based on a percentage of prestige. If you loose 100 prestige when you had 10 000, this is uninportant, but if you loose 1000 prestige instead (if we take a basis of 10%), this is more important in term of damage. I recall many people seems in others thread to like this idea, and I would add it to my proposition.

Edit: If a mod could spell correctly the word "humiliation", I would like it.

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure I understand. Suppose I'm playing as Germany and I defeat France in a war with a war score of 60, using 24 war score to take over a state. Is your suggestion that the remaining 36 score becomes 36 prestige?

Yes, in this way there would not be "wasted" victory point. But the inconvenient is at the end of the game, when a real humiliation should be done for gaining more prestige. In yours example, you take 36 prestige and they loss 36 prestige.