+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Years — Bug Reports

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

The written history can start before that (for example, England in 1399 has history from before it), but I think that all the countries require more history entries than just a monarch.
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Maybe. What I suspect happens is that the code starts with the first monarch whose reign lasts past the vanilla start date. Naturally the first monarch in the list will have a reign date that's earlier.
    Jon F. Zeigler
    Freelance writer and editor, armchair historian, occasional scribbler of bad verse

From a quick test game in the Middle East/Persia area, two major bugs cropped up (aside from the date bug already discussed):

The costs for militaries and the massive penalties for being anywhere close to your force limit break the AI, who inevitably try to reach their force limit no matter what penalties they get for it. It also causes poorer OPMs to field no armies at all (or if they have money, they'll build an army, disband it, and then build it again, repeat ad infinitum); if you must keep the modifiers (but I honestly wouldn't recommend it, though I appreciate the desire behind it; the game and especially the AI is not really built to handle not having standing armies, regardless of their historical accuracy) then small countries need a counter-modifier or they are essentially unable to defend themselves. Even larger countries were routinely going bankrupt in part because they couldn't afford to field their armies (especially when they were hit by the trade decline events; I saw the Khazars go bankrupt three times in two years) and this cripples their manpower as well so they have no staying power. On a playability note, the inability to maintain a large army (and the fact it takes a huge time to walk between provinces there) does not work well given that revolts are just as common and spawn just as large as vanilla. You either break up your piddly army into small ones that can't beat the revolts, or keep it in one big group and watch rebels inevitably take one or two provinces before you can get them there. Given that so many provinces in the area start with no forts, and that forts take years to build, this is kind of unfun (and not really historically accurate).

Zoroastrian countries (which can be checked at start by liberating a Zoroastrian Persia from Shirvan) are broken, being as they are a reskin of Reformed Christianity. This means that even though a Muslim country can in theory surrender to Zoroastrian rebels (they're marked as convert-ok in the files), it can't in actuality because they aren't non Papal State Christian (the requirement to do so for Reformed). A Zoroastrian country has better relations with and can only have royal marriages with Christian countries; it'd make more sense for them to do so with Muslim countries (though, in this time period, royal marriages should be possible between any powers with good relations, but that's another matter altogether).

On a not exactly broken but other playability note, because you're going the Magna Mundi route of making stability hits take extremely long to recover compared with vanilla (and because it is so much harder than vanilla to earn any money at game start even with full stability), random stability hits should be correspondingly less frequent than vanilla to compensate for the relative hardship they impose. Small and medium-sized countries outside of Europe were not really constantly drowning in bankruptcy, struggling to put together enough money to defend themselves in case anybody wanted to walk in and take their fort-less provinces - in fact, many of them were quite rich (not Cordoba rich, but wealthy), which isn't reflected in the game at all as it stands.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

A bit of a historical error (maybe ignored or ignorable for gameplay reasons), is that Louis the Child was only seven years old when he was crowned in East Francia. His major regent was Hatto, the archibishop of Mainz, a man aligned with the Conradines and against the Saxons (could make some interesting events for Saxony, if he actually had the reigns of imperial power). In addition, Lotharingia was being ruled by Louis III's bastard half-brother Zwentibold I until August 900 when the Lotharingian estates deposed him in favor of Louis, so it might be better to model this as an inheritance event.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    The written history can start before that (for example, England in 1399 has history from before it), but I think that all the countries require more history entries than just a monarch.
    I've experimented a bit this morning with start times. The problem as Jon F. Zeigler noted about a month ago, does appear to be related to the exe. I am no good with a hex editor, but something along the lines of the old Unlimited Time Mod patcher might be the only solution to missing history presentations.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur II
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Scafeld, Hallamscir, Jorvíkscir, Englaland
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRooster81 View Post
    I've experimented a bit this morning with start times. The problem as Jon F. Zeigler noted about a month ago, does appear to be related to the exe. I am no good with a hex editor, but something along the lines of the old Unlimited Time Mod patcher might be the only solution to missing history presentations.
    MEIOU has history before Vanilla starts, so it might be worth asking Gigau how he got it to work.

i just played the new update but now i have a more frustrating bug then the louis the child bug
    i get an event for chores fired every 10 days for the same province !!!

edit: already got it fixed

i had to have this in the chore sistem

# Same culture, same religion

province_event = {

id = 646561

trigger = {

OR = {
    AND = {
    has_owner_culture = yes
    NOT = { has_province_modifier = cultural_religious_similarities }
    }
    AND = {
    has_owner_culture = yes
    has_province_modifier = cultural_similarities
    Last edited by trajanus161; 13-10-2010 at 17:42.
    if you want peace prepare for war

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Thanks, it will be fixed for the next version.

About the next version, I'm currently pretty much occupied with Darkest Hour and struggling with my computer's problems (I'll probably format in some days). I'll try to fix the bugs, release and then add some of the new content I promised before Divine Wind is released.

Lost Empire - ImmortalsVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight

The colonisation events for Iceland and Greenland need to change the culture of the provinces. In a testgame as the Inca, Northern Iceland is all noculute, and is owned by Nogai, who are also noculture, so apparently there were some noculture nationalists.

is Riga supposed to be Prussia

Quote Originally Posted by fc gog View Post
    is Riga supposed to be Prussia
    If you mean Prussian then yes, the Prussian culture is no longer in the Germanic group, and is now in the Baltic culture group, although in future versions a catholic country can convert the Baltic region into German cultured provinces.

Game Crashes before Main menu.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: eu3game.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4b239d1f
    Fault Module Name: eu3game.exe
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4b239d1f
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0041b7b5
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1124
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    The normal game works fine but when I apply the Mod the Dark Years this happens..

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Welcome to the forum.

If you only have the problem with a mod you probably need to ask in the mod forum.
    First thing to check would be make sure you have the exact same version of the game the mod was made for.
    Also if you are running Windows 7 or Vista and have the game installed in Program Files this can sometimes cause problems with mods (Windows' UAC feature).
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    You've only registered EU3 Complete, which only includes the Napoleon's Ambition and In Nomine expansion packs. The Dark Years requires the latest released expansion pack, Heir to the Throne, and the 4.1 beta patch.

Assuming you haven't registered Heir to the Throne because you don't own it, that is most likely your problem.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

You also need the latest beta patch for it to work.
    Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. - Murphy's law

The Dream of Dumbarton Watch the rebirth of Strathclyde in my first AAR!

Best Character Writer of the Week: 3/2/13 Fan of the week: 1/6/13

"Fear not what will be, fear what has already come to pass"

The our claims in blank thing keeps popping up, is there a way to fix this?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete500k club

religions.txt needs some work

Howdy dudes!

I just noticed that zoroastrianism is part of the christian religious group, took a quick peak at the religions.txt and realized that it could use some work.

Zoroastrianism is (in the game files) referred to as "reformed".

Just a reminder.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Can't get this to work:(

Hey everyone, i'm greatly interested in playing this mod. However a problem occurs:

The game crashes in the initial loading screen with the report:
    File exception: exception in:discfile.cpp, line 59.Description: could not open file:mod/the dark years/map/cache/1-paths.bin

this happens during calculating pathways in the load. I've cleared both the mod and normal eu cache maps but that didn't help.

Also important to note is that have the steam version of eu3 wich automaticly applies new patches, in this case its the new 4.1b patch released 24/11

Hope there is a solution

Aaaaah, very interesting. I didn't even notice 4.1 was out. Thanks, I'll get right to it to ensure compatibility.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Thanks for the reply So it's a patch thing? Just gonna have to wait then

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast