Announcement for the Project:New World mod for Darkest Hour

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

hoi2geek

Lt. General
4 Badges
Jul 23, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
As you all know, I have been planning this mod for many weeks now, and I think that this will be the most greatest I have ever achieved for Darkest Hour. This mod will include the 4000 new provinces for Iron Cross and adapt it to the Darkest Hour map.

Map Priorities

When the DH team made its world map, they took more priority on both the frontlines between 1914-1964, and of course the "Holy Rule", which stated that . . .

"No province must ever have more than six connections with other provinces."

But in PNW, we intend to change all of it. One of my long-standing requests for this game was to have the microstates included in the game; I lost this debate, and it's unlikely that they'll ever be included in the game. As a result, I'm making sure that this mod will include zoomed provinces for each of the 5 European micronations.

Also, we are also putting more emphasis on these categories . . .

-the frontlines that existed between 1914 to 2010
-Administrative Boundaries
-Cultural/Ethnic Boundaries
-Historical Boundaries 1875-1914
-State/Provincial/Local Boundaries (U.S./Canada/Mexico only)
-Territorial Aquisitions (U.S./Canada only)

If, of course something conflicts w/ the six main categories, then the first category(that's the one in red) will ALWAYS prevail. This means that some provinces may get more attention than others.

Frequently Asked Questions

How is it that Iraq, Afghanistan, and North Africa get more provinces than Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Sub-Saharan Africa?

That's because of the first category, which are the frontlines from 1914 to 2010. They were all important battlefields and thus merits more attention than the surrounding areas.

Why is Vatican City and the other microstates included where in fact they are simply too small and insignificant?

Because they make the game more interesting to play (where else can you create Catalonia as Andorra?), but more importantly, they increase the realism that this game should be based on. I made it my personal mission to include the microstates in the game because I thought that it would make it more real and accurate, and thus more interesting to play.

What other countries do you intend to include?

This is first, and foremost, a map mod for Darkest Hour, and thus it's unlikely that I would include more countries in the mod's first release, but if there are some countries that the team forgets to add, it's possible, but of course I put emphasis on countries that would have been released from 1914 to 2010

When will this be released?

I won't have access to the file until I get Darkest Hour. The first version will be done when the map files are done. (I'm a tad perfectionist, so when the first one's released, even I don't know)

Can I help?

You're more than welcome to join this mod, and I hope that in the end, you are more than satisfied, too!:)

This mod is Great!

Thank you. And we hope that you're satisfied too.

-------------------------------------------------

Please I need all the support I could get in making this mod a reality. You could help by joining the PNW team in making all of this possible.

Last edited:
One important thought:
You have to adjust the whole AI Files , too.
Don't forget that, or your mod would be totally useless.

I will try to support you when the map is finished, but i dont know whether i've enough time to do that.

Let me be one of the first to wish good luck, you will need it. *g*

And in the spirit of us mapmaker sticking together, I sent you a little something in a pm that might safe you some work. ^^

Attachments

• whitemap.jpg
    whitemap.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 855
One important thought:
You have to adjust the whole AI Files , too.
Don't forget that, or your mod would be totally useless.

I will try to support you when the map is finished, but i dont know whether i've enough time to do that.

Thank you! The AI will be a key thing that we must do.

I do need some people who would be tasked w/ the AI and scenario info though.

Let me be one of the first to wish good luck, you will need it. *g*

And in the spirit of us mapmaker sticking together, I sent you a little something in a pm that might safe you some work. ^^

Thanks for the map!

Last edited:
I just wanted to ask, will the wrong placements of the provinces in Ireland and the Philippines be corrected?

It will be corrected in those places, w/ some provinces transferred from Ireland to the Philippines.

yeah, yeah, those provinces in the philippines surely need more, atleast 10 more!

Yes, since the Philippines is an important battlefield in the Pacific War, my homeland should have at least 10-13 more provinces.

Good luck with this project ! All the best :)

Thanks !

Oh and just so you know, ewphoenix 123 sent me a series of blank map images that now I'm editing to suit the changes that will go to this map. I'll try to post progress images from time to time.

As it is not included in the original DH map can you include the Polish border strip? It an area wich will be annexed by Germany after winning WW1 and early expansion of Germany in WW2 (Wartheland, without the General Gouvernment). It is lready in the E3 map project and i love to have it in the DH map too (i think playing Kaiserreich with that in is much better, as Germany has in the orginal HOI2 map and in the DH map no expansion to the east, but it has in the west, but wich is very crazy if you look to the Mitteleuropa plan.

Here are to pictures how you can make it:

pbsg.png

I really hope it will be in!

According to the map you linked Łódź was going to be in the strip.

Yes the Polish strip will be included by adding new provinces (could be justified under the first category because of the Eastern front in both wars)

Yes the Polish strip will be included by adding new provinces (could be justified under the first category because of the Eastern front in both wars)

Thak you very much, cant wait untill this mod comes out!

Sorry for double posting, but I think that it's time for me to post some Progress images of the mod.

progress1t.png

Progress image #1 (23 October, 2010)

progress2.png

Progress image #2 (29 October, 2010)

I got a huge weekend coming, so I'll try to make some more progress images.

I like the way Switzerland is. You can pretty much properly split it up now according to the ethnicity of different regions. Is it that way on the vanilla DH map or did you modify it?