• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your accent :D
This could be quite a nice intro to the game for a new player, although I do have one suggestion. Do you use any sort of script? It kind of seems like you're thinking up what to say as you go, so there seems to be a lot of "ummming" and "aaahhhing" (I know to a degree this is unavoidable, but I think it can still be improved).
Nonetheless, well done, another nice contribution.

Cheers

I certainly didn't expect Kallocain and Veldmaarschalk to post in this thread and so quickly. But I have to warn you about something. The Let's Play includes the historical German flag, so I think you should put that as a warning or something. But of course, it leads to an external site (YouTube), not Paradoxplaza, so it shouldn't matter.

I don't use any script overweightninja, I just play, record, and talk at the same time. I don't use any script whatsoever.

Enigma1, yeah, something has happened. XD

Thanks guys for the support!

Haha, I love how you're like "Let's pick a nice country" and then pause, hessitate for a while, enumerate some country names, wave the mouse around, and then finally go "well since this is a historical game let's take Germany".

Were you actually hesitating or did you realize saying "nice country" and clicking a swastika was bizzare and stall for a while?

Yeah. I wanted to play something else other than Germany since I've been "geeking" it (most of the games I've played of Hearts of Iron 3 are as Germany). I didn't think about playing as Germany at the time I said "let's pick a nice country", I only picked Germany later after I decided as which nation to play as. But of course, it would've been hilarious to say "nice country" and then pick Germany. xD

Last edited:
The Let's Play includes the historical German flag, so I think you should put that as a warning or something. But of course, it leads to an external site (YouTube), not Paradoxplaza, so it shouldn't matter.

I would not be so sure, as forum rules say: "Any links posted to a scenario or mod which includes a Swastika or other illegal Nazi symbols will be deleted." But maybe, it is somehow allowed or silently tolerated, if there is not any explicit propagation of it in the materials. Dunno really...

Oh, and nice job, btw.:)

Nicely done Radu...but please....in the future...............dont move around so quickly with your mouse.........I was getting dizzy and almost heaved a couple of times. Getting sick and throwing up is not fun.......hahahaha......Also, you kept igoring your trade requests for numerous trades. I saw at least half a dozen, of not a dozen....pop up on your screen and then go away (I think they stay up there for 2 weeks or so.......give or take).

I like the historical flags but I dont have the Semper Fi mod........and I cant seem to quite figure out how to download and install the differernt mods for the game (D-Day Ice or whatever, etc). They always seem to be in a "RAR" file which I cannot open unless I purchase some program.........so I just play vanilla with mod 1.4.

Remember............slow down......stop moving that mouse so quick!!!!

KLorberau

Nicely done Radu...but please....in the future...............dont move around so quickly with your mouse.........I was getting dizzy and almost heaved a couple of times. Getting sick and throwing up is not fun.......hahahaha......Also, you kept igoring your trade requests for numerous trades. I saw at least half a dozen, of not a dozen....pop up on your screen and then go away (I think they stay up there for 2 weeks or so.......give or take).

I like the historical flags but I dont have the Semper Fi mod........and I cant seem to quite figure out how to download and install the differernt mods for the game (D-Day Ice or whatever, etc). They always seem to be in a "RAR" file which I cannot open unless I purchase some program.........so I just play vanilla with mod 1.4.

KLorberau

Use 7-zip it's free and will Unrar your RAR files just fine.

KLorberau

I ignore the trade offers the AI wants to give me because I don't need any more trade offers, especially offered by the AI. (since the AI doesn't always do nice deals, and sometimes asks for something that you need)

Sorry mate for moving the mouse too quickly, I'll try to make it slower in the next parts.

unddu has a great solution to your problem. I also use 7-zip and it's a great tool.

Part 20, 21, and 22 will be uploaded soon, but YouTube is causing me problems.

And sorry KLorberau, I can't do anything about the mouse. :( It's the way I play, and I tried to move it slower but I forget to do it a lot... Sorry mate.

Great work on the on the vids. I have actually learnt a lot from watching them. However I have some constructive feed back for you - Since most of the time is spent clicking units/ product screens etc, I thought you could explain in more depth about your tactics, build que's, tech builds etc, and these will be implemented as your game progresses.

Still it gave me a great insight on alot things I have been doing wrong. Great work!

That is quite an impressive game you play-very fast with the clicking. Different kind of tank divisions too; three armored and 1 engineer.

Great work on the on the vids. I have actually learnt a lot from watching them. However I have some constructive feed back for you - Since most of the time is spent clicking units/ product screens etc, I thought you could explain in more depth about your tactics, build que's, tech builds etc, and these will be implemented as your game progresses.

Still it gave me a great insight on alot things I have been doing wrong. Great work!

Well, I have done some things wrong in that let's play as well that I don't do anymore.

I shall try to explain better what I do in the next HoI3 let's play, thanks for the feedback. :)

Also, don't take my LP as the only way to play Germany. There are different ways, different unit compositions that you can implement and may in fact work better than what I did. For example, my air unit composition and my division composition don't have to be like that. You don't need to make 3ARM1ENG because that's very expensive, it's very good over rivers though.

That is quite an impressive game you play-very fast with the clicking. Different kind of tank divisions too; three armored and 1 engineer.

Thanks. :) Yeah, I play fast because I've played Total War games in the past and I still do (those require a lot of micro in multiplayer) and it's also nice for HoI3 multiplayer sessions as a major when there's a big war going on. Yeah, that is a different kind but it's also extremely expensive, so expensive that I'm thinking of switching to another kind of tank divisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.