Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hearts of Iron 3 Let's Play

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Hearts of Iron 3 Let's Play

I've started a new Hearts of Iron 3 Let's Play on YouTube, as Germany. Difficulty is on normal, and all aspects of the game are controlled by me.

I would like some feedback, and, if you like it, please subscribe.

Link to the first part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cxwm1Tzapk

Producer Paradox Dev Team Kallocain's Avatar

Wow, you've made a lot of these! I've not seen them before, such a shame.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k club

I like your accent
    This could be quite a nice intro to the game for a new player, although I do have one suggestion. Do you use any sort of script? It kind of seems like you're thinking up what to say as you go, so there seems to be a lot of "ummming" and "aaahhhing" (I know to a degree this is unavoidable, but I think it can still be improved).
    Nonetheless, well done, another nice contribution.

Cheers
    -Grant me serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.

Ordnung muß sein Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Nice work

Added your thread to this sticky

Naughty naughty Radu .....something happened to your German flags.....

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

I certainly didn't expect Kallocain and Veldmaarschalk to post in this thread and so quickly. But I have to warn you about something. The Let's Play includes the historical German flag, so I think you should put that as a warning or something. But of course, it leads to an external site (YouTube), not Paradoxplaza, so it shouldn't matter.

I don't use any script overweightninja, I just play, record, and talk at the same time. I don't use any script whatsoever.

Enigma1, yeah, something has happened. XD

Thanks guys for the support!

AUGUST STORM Developer dermeister's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Leviathan: WarshipsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Haha, I love how you're like "Let's pick a nice country" and then pause, hessitate for a while, enumerate some country names, wave the mouse around, and then finally go "well since this is a historical game let's take Germany".

Were you actually hesitating or did you realize saying "nice country" and clicking a swastika was bizzare and stall for a while?
    Hearts of Iron 3: August Storm 45 GC, Airmobile, Special Forces, Indian Empire, Game-Balance, and more.

OBJECTIVIST PARADOXIANS Take the Striker's Oath • Click here to join

NOW ON YOUTUBE !! HOI3 Release Downfall

REFUGEE CAMP !! THE BEST GROUP ON PARADOX !! CLICK HERE TO JOIN NOW !!
    Swedish_Tiger: "It's the most fun on the forums" comagoosie: "First I thought this was stupid, but now I think it's funny" Enewald: "t's just too insane" Palisadoes: "This group is so bizarre!"

Yeah. I wanted to play something else other than Germany since I've been "geeking" it (most of the games I've played of Hearts of Iron 3 are as Germany). I didn't think about playing as Germany at the time I said "let's pick a nice country", I only picked Germany later after I decided as which nation to play as. But of course, it would've been hilarious to say "nice country" and then pick Germany. xD
    Last edited by ThePrussianPrince; 22-10-2010 at 19:46.

Cities in MotionDeus VultFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    Sword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by radu12345 View Post
    The Let's Play includes the historical German flag, so I think you should put that as a warning or something. But of course, it leads to an external site (YouTube), not Paradoxplaza, so it shouldn't matter.
    I would not be so sure, as forum rules say: "Any links posted to a scenario or mod which includes a Swastika or other illegal Nazi symbols will be deleted." But maybe, it is somehow allowed or silently tolerated, if there is not any explicit propagation of it in the materials. Dunno really...

Oh, and nice job, btw.
    GORDONCZ WORKS presents:

FINEST HOUR

Finest Hour is a large-scale mod created for Hearts of Iron 3. The main goal of this mod is to convert the game into a more authentic simulation of the World War 2 era. With its focus on accuracy, immersion and plausibility, Finest Hour will let you relive the history and change the future as you will lead your nation through the greatest conflict ever seen.
    • Entirely new map of the world
    • New graphical look of the interface
    • Completely reworked events and decisions
    go to websites / discuss on forum

It's not a scenario and it's not exactly a mod. It's a series of videos. So it should be OK with the rules actually.

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Nicely done Radu...but please....in the future...............dont move around so quickly with your mouse.........I was getting dizzy and almost heaved a couple of times. Getting sick and throwing up is not fun.......hahahaha......Also, you kept igoring your trade requests for numerous trades. I saw at least half a dozen, of not a dozen....pop up on your screen and then go away (I think they stay up there for 2 weeks or so.......give or take).

I like the historical flags but I dont have the Semper Fi mod........and I cant seem to quite figure out how to download and install the differernt mods for the game (D-Day Ice or whatever, etc). They always seem to be in a "RAR" file which I cannot open unless I purchase some program.........so I just play vanilla with mod 1.4.

Remember............slow down......stop moving that mouse so quick!!!!

KLorberau
    Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
    Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.”

PM Winston Churchill

Fan of the Week November 14, 2012
    Fan of the Week. April 8, 2013

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In Nomine

Quote Originally Posted by KLorberau View Post
    Nicely done Radu...but please....in the future...............dont move around so quickly with your mouse.........I was getting dizzy and almost heaved a couple of times. Getting sick and throwing up is not fun.......hahahaha......Also, you kept igoring your trade requests for numerous trades. I saw at least half a dozen, of not a dozen....pop up on your screen and then go away (I think they stay up there for 2 weeks or so.......give or take).

I like the historical flags but I dont have the Semper Fi mod........and I cant seem to quite figure out how to download and install the differernt mods for the game (D-Day Ice or whatever, etc). They always seem to be in a "RAR" file which I cannot open unless I purchase some program.........so I just play vanilla with mod 1.4.

KLorberau

Use 7-zip it's free and will Unrar your RAR files just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by KLorberau View Post

KLorberau
    I ignore the trade offers the AI wants to give me because I don't need any more trade offers, especially offered by the AI. (since the AI doesn't always do nice deals, and sometimes asks for something that you need)

Sorry mate for moving the mouse too quickly, I'll try to make it slower in the next parts.

unddu has a great solution to your problem. I also use 7-zip and it's a great tool.

Part 20, 21, and 22 will be uploaded soon, but YouTube is causing me problems.

And sorry KLorberau, I can't do anything about the mouse. It's the way I play, and I tried to move it slower but I forget to do it a lot... Sorry mate.

Just a question. Before U launch the attack, wouldn`t it be safest to prioritize and maybe wait for the upgrades in the production window? To benefit all the research proper?

Quote Originally Posted by EbbeK View Post
    Just a question. Before U launch the attack, wouldn`t it be safest to prioritize and maybe wait for the upgrades in the production window? To benefit all the research proper?
    It would, but against the AI this is a non-issue. So I concentrated on production instead.

Great work on the on the vids. I have actually learnt a lot from watching them. However I have some constructive feed back for you - Since most of the time is spent clicking units/ product screens etc, I thought you could explain in more depth about your tactics, build que's, tech builds etc, and these will be implemented as your game progresses.

Still it gave me a great insight on alot things I have been doing wrong. Great work!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

That is quite an impressive game you play-very fast with the clicking. Different kind of tank divisions too; three armored and 1 engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frognastie View Post
    Great work on the on the vids. I have actually learnt a lot from watching them. However I have some constructive feed back for you - Since most of the time is spent clicking units/ product screens etc, I thought you could explain in more depth about your tactics, build que's, tech builds etc, and these will be implemented as your game progresses.

Still it gave me a great insight on alot things I have been doing wrong. Great work!
    Well, I have done some things wrong in that let's play as well that I don't do anymore.

I shall try to explain better what I do in the next HoI3 let's play, thanks for the feedback.

Also, don't take my LP as the only way to play Germany. There are different ways, different unit compositions that you can implement and may in fact work better than what I did. For example, my air unit composition and my division composition don't have to be like that. You don't need to make 3ARM1ENG because that's very expensive, it's very good over rivers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Crash View Post
    That is quite an impressive game you play-very fast with the clicking. Different kind of tank divisions too; three armored and 1 engineer.
    Thanks. Yeah, I play fast because I've played Total War games in the past and I still do (those require a lot of micro in multiplayer) and it's also nice for HoI3 multiplayer sessions as a major when there's a big war going on. Yeah, that is a different kind but it's also extremely expensive, so expensive that I'm thinking of switching to another kind of tank divisions.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast