• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comrades, can we not first unite against the Unions before turning on each other? As corrupt as they are, can you imagine if they take over the government as we quarrel amongst ourselves? Is this not what Marxists accuse the Anarchists of doing, disarming in the face of outside threats? This is the ultimate counterrevolution: a body in the name of the proletariat steals its money for corrupt purposes! That screams "bourgeoisie", which I was under the impression was our first and foremost enemy! Instead we have become so accustomed to partisan bickering that we cannot see the bourgeoisie in another disguise and blame each other first!

See my worst nightmare has come true the Anarchists come to power, and what do we get: two strikes with no resolutions, the complete collapse of a perfect ecinomy, a floundering external politics, evil fascists entering our noble realm, next to no political promises kept, and a civil war the likes of which we have not seen since Blanque's days. If the masses have some sense this will be the one and only Anarchist ruleing.

And my point comes 'round yet again. Tommy himself can say one faction is more responsible for something than another, and yet others will still point their fingers at the guys who he said weren't really to blame.

Oh, for god's sake. I think you understand what I mean without me needing to break out the thesauras and conjure up 500 different words in order to satisfy you.

I understand that you mean that the people in this threat attack the people of other factions for free and that the Anarchists are moderates. And both aren't true.

Also, I looked back, and it was actually Tanzhang's comment which was the first to really "bash" another faction. So, no, the Anarchists didn't start the hate. :p

EDIT: I just noticed this, but Tanzhang was actually also the first person to actually make a DEATH THREAT.

Tanzhang isn't the Marxists. That's the difference. I was talking about the whole faction, not a single member. And the Anarchists were who started a full offensive against Marxists, Centrists and Moderate Anarchists. ;)

In the event the VSVR is torn apart by civil war and the People's Party is thrown out can we become the ruling party of Turkey? :D

And my point comes 'round yet again. Tommy himself can say one faction is more responsible for something than another, and yet others will still point their fingers at the guys who he said weren't really to blame.

So it is all right for evryone to bash the Marxists as tyrants and evil warmongers, but now we must get along and pertend the VSVR is some utopia. I agree though we have more important foes to fight and should'nt be fighting among ourselves.

So it is all right for evryone to bash the Marxists as tyrants and evil warmongers, but now we must get along and pertend the VSVR is some utopia. I agree though we have more important foes to fight and should'nt be fighting among ourselves.

No, I never said that. I just said that ignoring Tommy's own words and continuing to point fingers is bad, and yes, this does include how the Anarchists did it to the Marxists as well.

*sigh* I give up.

No, I never said that. I just said that ignoring Tommy's own words and continuing to point fingers is bad, and yes, this does include how the Anarchists did it to the Marxists as well.

Did you really mean this? Now I understand why your post make no-sense for me: We never "point-finger" Anarchist supporters because what happened in the AAR, we did it because their posts! (I'm sorry, but you are writting to a hardened veteran of the Spanish OT :p).

How did this end in civil war? You would think after the complete disaster of Kropotkin's first 3 years he would stand down and let the left wing have a term in office.

Tommy, I would be honored if you would let me lead a portion of the Anarchist militia! I will gladly defend Brussels from the Trade Unions and Leninists!

I kind of want a role in the story itself as well, but I know I'm not going to get one, being the weirdo who has no really defined political position other than being Anti-Marxist :p

I'm surprised Tommy hasn't thrown Enewald in somewhere for comic relief yet :p. He'd be a great addition to the story haha.

Wow... I just managed to catch up on everything. Just... wow. This is easily the best AAR I've ever read. I'm upset that I didn't find it sooner! Tommy, you are a brilliant writer and have a very astute grasp of Left politics. I salute you! If only these events were historical fact! Hehe

I'm a little confused though with how you make use of the Left-Right dichotomy. Social Anarchists/Anarcho-Communists, as opposed to Individualists/Anarcho-Capitalists, are usually considered Ultra Left, beyond even Marxists. Are you instead using a statist-libertarian dichotomy, rather than the typical Left-Right?

Xanthippus - Tis true. This is one of my favoritest AARs here, and I always feel like my comments never do it enough justice. That being said, one of the first questions I asked was pretty similar to your own. :) I believe the gradient used was syndicalism of the time would involve freedom of trade in the sense that borders would be eliminated - therefore, free trade out of all the options presented is the most close model to Anarcho-Syndicalist/Council Communist/Anarcho-Communist models. I'm pretty sure Tommy4ever can state his logic way better then my tired remembrence can, mind. ;) Anyway, glad to see you found it - it's an excellent read.

On the AAR itself, I'm seconding a Luxembourgish (Rosa, that is) faction as opening up soon. It'd make me heart truly content! :D :eek:o

The only thing that I liked about the Anarchist, the dissolving of the Unions, yet they failed! That's what you get for voting for the Anarchist and the Independents! I don't like the Anarchists but I don't like the Independents more! Purge the Independents!

Rest in peace, Comrade Karl Marx. there will be tears on the eyes of the working class all across the globe but those tears will not extinguish the fire of the revolution instead it will fuel the heart and spirit of the workers to struggle against the ruling class! Long live the revolution!

In other news, I urge the Comintern to pressure the Netherlands to give the Dutch East Indies independent rule.
ps What do you think of the CSR? Twas the one bit of this update I was quite happy about. :)
I really like it. Is it still Turkey, gameplay-wise?

I loved it - the sense of "it's not my day...week...month...year...decade..." really bleeds from it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.