• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was awhile ago. In game they were Reactionaries..

LATEST POLLS!

Total Vote: 42

Lux: 14
M-L: 12
Dems: 11
Mils: 4
Mods: 1

Poor Moderates - always last placed. But at the top things are looking very interesting .

It looks that way with the votes, but the seat tally stands as this

Votes Seats
Luxemburgists 14 17
Marxist-Leninists 12 14
Democrats 11 13
Militarists 4 5
Moderates 1 1

So the Luxemburgists and Democrats have 30 seats from this, need 21 from the workers. Which brings an intresting question: Will M-L support collapse?

Last edited:
Please. Petty tribalism is unbecoming. Luxemburg is our greatest chance to reform the Republic along democratic lines.

I'm just curious, wouldn't zhe democrats better at reforming along democratic lines?

300 :p lol

i hope worker support doesn't collapse. It seems the easiest way to balance the budget would be to heavily/moderately industrialize Africa, M-L are the only party that support this fully

A thought: whenever this AAR reaches its conclusion, it would be fun to know what Tommy would've voted in each election, having the facts we have.

Did I vote already?

If not, Luxemburgists

I'm just curious, wouldn't zhe democrats better at reforming along democratic lines?

Just because someone calls themselves Democratic doesn't make them so. :p
See the countless bourgeois "democracies" around the globe. Which coincidentally is that the Democrats are veering dangerously close to. They would be relatively harmless (possiby even beneficial) as a minor coalition partner, but unopposed and in government I would fear for the revolution itself. True democracy lies in the workers' Soviets.

Luxemburgists

I strongly agree with you Communard, the Luxemburgist faction is the best way to achieve true democracy.

Comrade, I would like to refer you to this:

• No vote for the rural population
  • Chairman to be elected by Party vote alone
  • Constituent Assembly to be reduced to an advisory body

Can I have some of the stuff you are smoking, comrade?
Seems to be of high quality. :p

Can I have some of the stuff you are smoking, comrade?
Seems to be of high quality. :p

Well, the assembly has always been an advisory body aside from their appointment of the chairman. With a clear mandate from the people, be sure that any "advice" it gives will have to be considered very carefully by any chairman if they wish to remain popular. But this is just a minor political point. What matters much, much more to the ordinary worker is their economic self-determination. Currently, the state bureaucrats decide all economic policy. With the revolutionary concept of the workers' soviet, the workers will be truly enfranchised and get a say in a way much more concrete than voting for who takes up the chairmanship in Cologne. Do we want to be reduced to a bourgeois "democracy", in which workers vote for distant politicians, but have no real say? Surely not.

Well, the assembly has always been an advisory body aside from their appointment of the chairman. With a clear mandate from the people, be sure that any "advice" it gives will have to be considered very carefully by any chairman if they wish to remain popular.

Sorry comrade, but that just sounds like wishful thinking to me. Why should a chairman who is not elected by the people care how popular he is with them?

But this is just a minor political point. What matters much, much more to the ordinary worker is their economic self-determination. Currently, the state bureaucrats decide all economic policy. With the revolutionary concept of the workers' soviet, the workers will be truly enfranchised and get a say in a way much more concrete than voting for who takes up the chairmanship in Cologne. Do we want to be reduced to a bourgeois "democracy", in which workers vote for distant politicians, but have no real say? Surely not.

Minor political point???
The chairman decides if we go to war or not! That is a matter of life or death!!!
Regional workers' participation in the economic decision process is all nice and well, but that alone certainly won't lead to "True Democracy".
And what about the rural population? Why should they stay disenfranchised?

The Democrats are pacifists who are unable to stomach the reality of war. It is specifically this WEAKNESS that leaves me unable to vote for the Democrats no matter how reasonable the rest of their platform. A nation unable to take the initiative through a Declaration of War is a nation that can only respond to and never determine the course of history.

Comrades, if it is not broken, do not fix it!

It is very broken. Freedom of speech is under fire, underground political parties on the run from Lenin's oppressive Militarist police force, and an overproduction problem spiralling out of control that Lenin seems incapable of understanding yet alone fixing. It is time for a change!

Democrats

Marxist economic policies alongside political and religious freedom seems to be exactly what I am looking for. However, I am disappointed with their pacifist foreign policy. Either way, for now they earn my vote given how closely their domestic policies match what I want.

I'm sorry comrade, but are you serious? Their economic platform is the most bourgeois we've had yet. They want to coexist with and ensure profitable trade relations with Capitalist neighbours. What on earth is Marxist about that?

Vote Rosa Luxemburg for chairman!

Status
Not open for further replies.