Closed Thread
Page 193 of 254 FirstFirst ... 93 118 143 168 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 218 243 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 5066

Thread: Let the ruling classes tremble – an Interactive Revolutionary AAR

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBob View Post
    Is Comrade Bob's doomsday prediction about to come true? Short Answer: I really hope so. Wars make for excellent AAR posts.
    Read my post just above yours.

The Great War has begun Comrade. Put down the hammer and the sickle, pick up the rifle and liberate the entire world! The International Soviet shall free the human race!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Great update, some very interesting developments in the aftermath of the elections. I like the split of the Anarchists, the faction had some very disparate supporters. Also, I like the new name, it sounds more like the original Collectivist Anarchists. Also, awesome to see Conolly and Makhno join the CC, those two are definately cool!

EDIT: I also love the left/right SR analogy!

On the debate of the legality of the expulsion: First of all, Trotsky was elected chairman with a very convincing percentage of the party vote. Furthermore, he is only following the legal political framework designed and championed by Rosa Luxemburg herself: the assembly is legally only an advisory body. Its opinions are very important to the CC, but the CC has the right to make its own decisions. This is exactly what Rosa intended, and Trotsky isn't doing anything wrong in using all his political talent to make sure that one of the most important promises of the Marxist-Leninist platform came into reality. You might argue against the decision in itself and against using such a strategy against the "true germans", but you have no argument when it comes to challenging the legality of Trotsky's decision and Rosa's system of government; nor does it make any sense to attack Liebknecht for leading his faction in support of the expulsion by invoking Rosa's spirit.
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0£
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy4ever View Post
    Read my post just above yours.

The Great War has begun Comrade. Put down the hammer and the sickle, pick up the rifle and liberate the entire world! The International Soviet shall free the human race!
    The curse of the most active AAR on the forum, I was writing my comment just as you posted.
    Sir Robert, OLIR, Sovereign of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert
    Knights of the Order: TemplarComander, loki100, Enewald, Chris Taylor, Nathan Madien, Svip, Slan, (Mr.) Capiatlist, LeCare, Redandwhite, ThunderHawk3
    Ever wanted to become President? Now you have the chance in The Presidents: 1836 - 1936 - An Interactive US AAR!
    Current President: Richard A. Jarvis (R)
    Current V-President: William Gallatin (R)

Joseph Henry Harrison (1903 - 19??), General, US Army, ret.
    My Inkwell

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Tommy, I don't know how good a player you are in these situation, but for what it's worth, my advice, feel free to ignore it fi it's redundant: make sure to encircle and destroy enemy stacks whenever possible. Use +attack and +defense leaders and your own terrain for these purposes. Always keep a reserve, concentrate your forces on batles that can be quickly won and send the freed troops onward to tip the balance in other battles while the enemy retreats. In big battles, switch stacks in and out to reorganize and replenish manpower. On the strategic level, try to concentrate on one enemy (I would've started with A-H or France) and get a separate peace in order to be able to turn all the forces dedicated to that front to overwhelm the next (in my case, that would be easy considering the geography, move from A-H to France or vice versa). With your house rules, you'll probably even be strengthened by forces from the defeated nation? If there's already a revolution in France, I guess you'll count territory held by the rebels there towards your 40%? If so, I guess winning in France should be your first priority.

And, most importantly, good luck and long live the Revolution!
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    MagickaSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Yes! Purge the Party and now put a ban on factions within it!

I don't expect to be able to destroy Britain but if I did get across the Channel then it would obviously be London, Liverpool and Glasgow.
    You meant London, Manchester and Glasgow. Don't worry, everyone makes mistakes sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by LeCare View Post
    You meant London, Manchester and Glasgow. Don't worry, everyone makes mistakes sometimes
    Yes, a surprising number of people make that mistake...

Raph, how can you say he is invoking the spirit of Rosa? The woman whose first action in office was to abolish the ban on the Anarchist faction?

Anyway, good luck to the revolutionary armies! Plant the red banners of labour!
    "In the factories and mills, in the shipyards and mines
    We've often been told to keep up with the times
    For our skills are not needed, they've streamlined the job
    And with sliderule and stopwatch our pride they have robbed"

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

The international revolution has begun!

Screw the tea parties and political debates in Kφln, where do I sign up for the Red Army?

Quote Originally Posted by Communard View Post
    Yes, a surprising number of people make that mistake...

Raph, how can you say he is invoking the spirit of Rosa? The woman whose first action in office was to abolish the ban on the Anarchist faction?

Anyway, good luck to the revolutionary armies! Plant the red banners of labour!
    I'm not saying that Liebknecht is invoking the spirit of anyone, I'm saying that using Rosa to say that CC deciding against the wishes of the assembly is worthless, since she devised the system where the assembly is an advisory body. There's nothing illegal or outrageous with the decision to nullify the newly enrolled memberships of the "true german" faction. If you wish to argue against it, argue against it on tactical or political merits, not by pretending that deciding against the assembly is somehow against the "spirit" of the Republic.

First Trotsky came for the True Germans,
    and you did not speak out,
    because you were not a true German,
    I'm going to play devil's advocate and point out that this a bit ironic considering that the original poem was written about the failure of German intellectuals to prevent the Nazi takeover and purges and Trotsky's actions were arguably an attempt to prevent the rise of a hyper-nationalist, Nazi-like faction.

Yes, it still fits considering Trotsky did commit a purge of sorts; but he did not kill in the way the True Germans likely would after taking control.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This war is not easy to manage. It took me an hour and a half to play just 3 months.

4 distinct fronts have emerged. France (where I seem to have underestimated the will of the Frankish state to survive), Austria-Hungary (where I got my calucalations of how many men to send perfect), Russia (where I sent too many men) and West Africa - I initially planned to just leave Africa to be conquered as I thought it was indefensible. However I got quite a lot of men from the mobilisation there so I'm trying to hold back the Brits (this is where the British have concentrated their forces at this early stage of the war).

Now, back to the krieg!

And Mr. Sometimes, you need not sign up it is the duty of every single working man in the Republic to fight for the revolution. The entire capitalist world descends upon us Comrades. This is our moment!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by winsingtonIII View Post
    I'm going to play devil's advocate and point out that this a bit ironic considering that the original poem was written about the failure of German intellectuals to prevent the Nazi takeover and purges and Trotsky's actions were arguably an attempt to prevent the rise of a hyper-nationalist, Nazi-like faction.

Yes, it still fits considering Trotsky did commit a purge of sorts; but he did not kill in the way the True Germans likely would after taking control.
    Yea, I knew it was going to invoke a reaction
    However, if you have read the description, nothing makes the True Germans Nazi. They even wanted freedom for poland... And there industrial policies were marxist in character which the NSDAP was, despite its name, never.

Meanwhile Trotsky wants all lands ruled from Germany, a purge of the party and a world war for domination. So I think in this timeline the poem would have very well been written about him since, even if the TG were unpopular with all, their expulsion would have been awarning sign to anyone like Niemφller that the M-L is gripping for power.

Btw, if Stalin ever comes, I got loads of more poems ready so prepare for the artistic revolution...

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

This war is not easy to manage. It took me an hour and a half to play just 3 months.

4 distinct fronts have emerged. France (where I seem to have underestimated the will of the Frankish state to survive), Austria-Hungary (where I got my calucalations of how many men to send perfect), Russia (where I sent too many men) and West Africa - I initially planned to just leave Africa to be conquered as I thought it was indefensible. However I got quite a lot of men from the mobilisation there so I'm trying to hold back the Brits (this is where the British have concentrated their forces at this early stage of the war).

Now, back to the krieg!

And Mr. Sometimes, you need not sign up it is the duty of every single working man in the Republic to fight for the revolution. The entire capitalist world descends upon us Comrades. This is our moment!
    Yes, but is it our moment of destruction or victory?

By the way, I was changing from the Luxemburgists, which is why I said "Sorry, Karl".

What cb(s) are you using and are the capitalist nations really all allied, or are they all separate wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Raph View Post
    I'm not saying that Liebknecht is invoking the spirit of anyone, I'm saying that using Rosa to say that CC deciding against the wishes of the assembly is worthless, since she devised the system where the assembly is an advisory body. There's nothing illegal or outrageous with the decision to nullify the newly enrolled memberships of the "true german" faction. If you wish to argue against it, argue against it on tactical or political merits, not by pretending that deciding against the assembly is somehow against the "spirit" of the Republic.
    Is this not a case of following the letter of the law but running roughshod over the intent? As for Rosa, let me just say that her actions while in office strongly suggest she would have utterly rejected a purge of the Party, and that Karl, by contrast, has been cheerleading it. And the entire first paragraph of my article was dedicated to attacking the purge on tactical gorunds, it is you who's focusing on my criticism of Liebknecht.

53 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Why do we even have Lux and M-L as seperate parties?
    If a small the small anarchists need to be divided, those two are too close to each other to be kept as separate parties. Unfair I say.
    Lux is having no independent aims, they follow the lead of the M-L always!

we need a damn constitution. Factions should not be banned nor discriminated. Free speech is sacred.
    No one wants tyranny!

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    Why do we even have Lux and M-L as seperate parties?
    If a small the small anarchists need to be divided, those two are too close to each other to be kept as separate parties. Unfair I say.
    Lux is having no independent aims, they follow the lead of the M-L always!

we need a damn constitution. Factions should not be banned nor discriminated. Free speech is sacred.
    No one wants tyranny!
    Except you, it seems, with your calls to murder Trotsky and...ah...burn the body.

53 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Communard View Post
    Except you, it seems, with your calls to murder Trotsky and...ah...burn the body.
    Why would you consider it wrong to kill a obnoxious bloodthirsty tyrant? Only fair.
    He has shown his claws and teeth. It is for the best of everyone to shoot him.
    The end justifies the means. My cause is just.
    Trotsky must die. Ice axe sounds perfect...

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Why would you consider it wrong to kill a obnoxious bloodthirsty tyrant? Only fair.
    He has shown his claws and teeth. It is for the best of everyone to shoot him.
    The end justifies the means. My cause is just.
    Trotsky must die. Ice axe sounds perfect...
    Just for the record.... are you a cannibal?

Don't blame me, I voted Democrat.
    Economic theory: P → Q, P ∴ Q, QED
    Economic practice: P → Q ∴ {!P} = ∅, QED
    Economic research: P → Q ☡ ∴ Q, QED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Factions should not be banned nor discriminated.
    Unless they're Marxists, right?

However, if you have read the description, nothing makes the True Germans Nazi. They even wanted freedom for poland... And there industrial policies were marxist in character which the NSDAP was, despite its name, never.
    I'm aware they aren't actually Nazi's, but their xenophobia and hyper-nationalism does make the general idea of them somewhat comparable.
    Last edited by winsingtonIII; 13-01-2011 at 20:48.

Closed Thread