Closed Thread
Page 137 of 254 FirstFirst ... 37 62 87 112 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 162 187 212 237 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 5066

Thread: Let the ruling classes tremble – an Interactive Revolutionary AAR

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy4ever View Post
    That was awhile ago. In game they were Reactionaries..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy4ever View Post
    LATEST POLLS!

Total Vote: 42

Lux: 14
    M-L: 12
    Dems: 11
    Mils: 4
    Mods: 1

Poor Moderates - always last placed. But at the top things are looking very interesting .
    It looks that way with the votes, but the seat tally stands as this

Votes Seats
    Luxemburgists 14 17
    Marxist-Leninists 12 14
    Democrats 11 13
    Militarists 4 5
    Moderates 1 1

So the Luxemburgists and Democrats have 30 seats from this, need 21 from the workers. Which brings an intresting question: Will M-L support collapse?
    Last edited by WelshDude; 20-12-2010 at 08:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Communard View Post
    Please. Petty tribalism is unbecoming. Luxemburg is our greatest chance to reform the Republic along democratic lines.
    I'm just curious, wouldn't zhe democrats better at reforming along democratic lines?

300 lol

i hope worker support doesn't collapse. It seems the easiest way to balance the budget would be to heavily/moderately industrialize Africa, M-L are the only party that support this fully

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

A thought: whenever this AAR reaches its conclusion, it would be fun to know what Tommy would've voted in each election, having the facts we have.
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0£
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

Did I vote already?

If not, Luxemburgists
    Nationality: USA
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Marxist
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student / Disabled
    Cash Reserves: Moderate
    Revolt Risk: OVER 9000!!!
    Consciousness: 10,000

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV

Luxemburgist!

Lenin needs to be knocked back behind the Democrats for good measure.

It looks like a Lux-Dem coalition is the most likely outcome...barring some kind of Leninist Putsch.

Quote Originally Posted by Derdiedas View Post
    I'm just curious, wouldn't zhe democrats better at reforming along democratic lines?
    Just because someone calls themselves Democratic doesn't make them so.
    See the countless bourgeois "democracies" around the globe. Which coincidentally is that the Democrats are veering dangerously close to. They would be relatively harmless (possiby even beneficial) as a minor coalition partner, but unopposed and in government I would fear for the revolution itself. True democracy lies in the workers' Soviets.
    "In the factories and mills, in the shipyards and mines
    We've often been told to keep up with the times
    For our skills are not needed, they've streamlined the job
    And with sliderule and stopwatch our pride they have robbed"

Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIILeviathan: WarshipsMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Just because someone calls themselves Democratic doesn't make them so.
    Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

I strongly agree with you Communard, the Luxemburgist faction is the best way to achieve true democracy.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

I'm glad you managed to sneak out to the polling booth, Necazian.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Luxemburgists
    Nationality: Yankee
    Ideology: Communist
    Issues: Full Citizenship/Planned Economy
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: Damn low
    Revolt Risk: 7.56
    Militancy: 7
    Consciousness: 10

Democrats

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Necazian View Post
    I strongly agree with you Communard, the Luxemburgist faction is the best way to achieve true democracy.
    Comrade, I would like to refer you to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Luxemburgist political platform View Post
    • No vote for the rural population
    • Chairman to be elected by Party vote alone
    • Constituent Assembly to be reduced to an advisory body
    Can I have some of the stuff you are smoking, comrade?
    Seems to be of high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by KomodoWaran View Post
    Can I have some of the stuff you are smoking, comrade?
    Seems to be of high quality.
    Well, the assembly has always been an advisory body aside from their appointment of the chairman. With a clear mandate from the people, be sure that any "advice" it gives will have to be considered very carefully by any chairman if they wish to remain popular. But this is just a minor political point. What matters much, much more to the ordinary worker is their economic self-determination. Currently, the state bureaucrats decide all economic policy. With the revolutionary concept of the workers' soviet, the workers will be truly enfranchised and get a say in a way much more concrete than voting for who takes up the chairmanship in Cologne. Do we want to be reduced to a bourgeois "democracy", in which workers vote for distant politicians, but have no real say? Surely not.
    "In the factories and mills, in the shipyards and mines
    We've often been told to keep up with the times
    For our skills are not needed, they've streamlined the job
    And with sliderule and stopwatch our pride they have robbed"

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Well, the assembly has always been an advisory body aside from their appointment of the chairman. With a clear mandate from the people, be sure that any "advice" it gives will have to be considered very carefully by any chairman if they wish to remain popular.
    Sorry comrade, but that just sounds like wishful thinking to me. Why should a chairman who is not elected by the people care how popular he is with them?

But this is just a minor political point. What matters much, much more to the ordinary worker is their economic self-determination. Currently, the state bureaucrats decide all economic policy. With the revolutionary concept of the workers' soviet, the workers will be truly enfranchised and get a say in a way much more concrete than voting for who takes up the chairmanship in Cologne. Do we want to be reduced to a bourgeois "democracy", in which workers vote for distant politicians, but have no real say? Surely not.
    Minor political point???
    The chairman decides if we go to war or not! That is a matter of life or death!!!
    Regional workers' participation in the economic decision process is all nice and well, but that alone certainly won't lead to "True Democracy".
    And what about the rural population? Why should they stay disenfranchised?

I cast my vote for the Luxemburgists. Hopefully they will not go as awry and terribly as my previous vote, the Independents.

Lord of the Small Things Thezfel101's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionMount & Blade: Warband

The Democrats are pacifists who are unable to stomach the reality of war. It is specifically this WEAKNESS that leaves me unable to vote for the Democrats no matter how reasonable the rest of their platform. A nation unable to take the initiative through a Declaration of War is a nation that can only respond to and never determine the course of history.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by John Forseti View Post
    Comrades, if it is not broken, do not fix it!
    It is very broken. Freedom of speech is under fire, underground political parties on the run from Lenin's oppressive Militarist police force, and an overproduction problem spiralling out of control that Lenin seems incapable of understanding yet alone fixing. It is time for a change!

Quote Originally Posted by winsingtonIII View Post
    Democrats

Marxist economic policies alongside political and religious freedom seems to be exactly what I am looking for. However, I am disappointed with their pacifist foreign policy. Either way, for now they earn my vote given how closely their domestic policies match what I want.
    I'm sorry comrade, but are you serious? Their economic platform is the most bourgeois we've had yet. They want to coexist with and ensure profitable trade relations with Capitalist neighbours. What on earth is Marxist about that?

Vote Rosa Luxemburg for chairman!
    Nationality: Maltese Australian
    Ideology: Anarcho-Communist
    Issues: Pacifism/Full Citizenship/Environmentalism
    Militancy: 9 (+0.25)
    Consciousness: 10 (+1.5)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Luxemburgists

Hay que endurecer pero sin perder la ternura! Enough of Lenin!

Darkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2

Vancouver BC, Former British Dominion called Canada
    Luxemburgists

They are the ones who will bring a new age of prosperity for the Republic

Closed Thread