+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 18 26 27 28

Thread: Sick Man of Europe - an Ottoman Empire AAR

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Very glad you are going to continue on with this. Wait a minute...

Quote Originally Posted by naggy View Post
    I have now played though a couple more wars - you'll see some uncharacteristic oopsies in the next update (a day or so).
    Who is this imposter and what have you done with naggy?! There are no oopsies when naggy is playing! Well, apart from the infamous loans in EU3!
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Ask how many Divisions I have! InnocentIII's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Just finished this AAR, sad to see it end. I really enjoyed the ride naggy, thanks!
    Try Aurora - Dwarf Fortress in Space!
    Check out my Vicky2 AAR: Last Tango in 1.3 - An Argentine AAR Favorite Gameplay AAR, Vicky1/2 2011 (Round 3) - Completed
    Five for Fighting - A Canadian HoI3 AAR WritAAR of the Week (December 11th - December 18th, 2011) AAR Showcase Week of 6/17/12 - Completed

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    News!

1.) I hope to have an update written within the week. Run in fear!

2.) I have started a Crusader Kings II AAR!

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight

Blog Entries

Chapter 32: Spanish Inquisition

May 12, 1889: German Pan Nationalists rise up in Hanover. I let them go - taking out a united Germany would be simpler.

August 23: Ottoman scientists discover Empiricism, giving a +50% boost to research. To celebrate, we declare war on Spain, enemy of Empiricism. That our armies were next door after beating France is a complete coincidence.

In response, Spain mobilizes. Sources say this is because the regular Spanish army is afraid to die alone. This gives them 137 brigades to my 236.

First, we start with bait. (We use only the best Sokot bait.

September 11: Austria declares bankruptcy. Guess who their biggest creditor was?

In other news, Spain launches a withering attack in Ethiopia.

The Spanish take the bait...the AI is a sucker for attacking a "weak" army even if a larger army is standing nearby.

September 24: The Austrians surrender...dropping them to 18th place and a firm spot as "nobody"

October 4: I didn't get a chance to envelop the Spanish, but that's OK. 4:1 losses is good enough for now. Now to set the trap again...the Spanish can't be that dumb, right?

Or....maybe they can.

January 1, 1890: Ottoman scientists invent the Monitor, the first in the (Ottoman) world to do so. Due to rampant illiteracy still in the empire, they're still having trouble getting the ships built right. Apparently covering a wooden ship with clothesirons isn't how you make an ironclad.

January 6: Spanish history will forever remember the day when they lost an army of 180,000 men by letting it get surrounded. To their credit, they did try to break the encirclement at Logromo and Bilbao, but didn't make it in time. This is the effective end of the war - the remaining 60K men in Spain proper are quickly surrounded and dispatched, and the occupation begins.

With that over, it's time for the next war...

Blog Entries
    Bonus! Here are the rankings...remember, with this version, Britain is turbo-assimilating India, so I will almost certainly not catch her.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

You could occupy all their industrial sectors, never make peace, and let their industry score go down, down, down.

Its good to see this AAR back!
    Daniel (Danny) Dagher, Mayor of New York City
    in BBB's American AAR

Senatore di Venezia, Leone de Marino. Interior Minister of the Republic of Cisalpina

In Ahawk's Federation of Equals Interactive AAR.

Pedro de Cordova.

In ThunderHawks Interactive V2 AAR

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It's back!!! Resurrected AARs always bring a smile to my face
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zagoroth View Post
    You could occupy all their industrial sectors, never make peace, and let their industry score go down, down, down.

Its good to see this AAR back!
    Yeah. See that ever so slight military score disparity? Even if I won, all my enemies (read: the world) would be coming after me for BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! as soon as they saw my strength drop. Not sure it's worth trying...

And thank you both!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2

Even if I won, all my enemies (read: the world) would be coming after me for BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! as soon as they saw my strength drop. Not sure it's worth trying...
    Since you still owe us a big land war with Russia, that'd kill two birds with one stone
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldriq View Post
    Since you still owe us a big land war with Russia, that'd kill two birds with one stone
    You mean the Zerg, right?

You mean the Zerg, right?
    Oh come on, the Russians don't have any genetic tech beyond peas in this time frame. Now stop co-spamming your own thread, I'm busy trying to read your other AAR!
    Tintero

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

ah good to see this back ... it feels so right and proper (in a very wierd way)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Wonderful to see this return and frankly I wouldn't put it beyond you catching up with the British, their turbo-assimilation of India or not! I'm surprised you managed to defeat Spain though, they fought so well.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Wow! Now this is a pleasant surprise...

Can German pan-nationalists form a union now that there is no German-culture GP? I think that only works for the Romanian nations and Sardinia-Piedmont.
    My AARs: Subcontinental Subtleties (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - webcomic; complete - *multi-award-winning* --- A Hyderabad Holiday Special (Victoria 2, v2.31) - complete --- Sing a Septinsular Song (Ionian Islands) (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - complete - *Winner of the VictAARian Cross, for Best Completed 2011 AAR* --- Tunis Delenda Est (Victoria 2, v1.2) - complete --- Albania Finds its Place in the World (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Australia: Rise of a Constellation (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Belgium: Rise of the Choco Lords (Victoria 2, v1.1) - complete

My mods: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War (battlescenario for HoI2, Doomsday and Armageddon. Current version: 1.1)

My inkwell

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Is the UK still your Ally?

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Hey, you're almost at the end, here, Naggy -- do you intend to finish this?

I was thinking it was absent from the completed AAR category for the VictAARian Cross (it was a contender for my nomination!), but I was surprised to realize you didn't quite finish yet.

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

This is a pretty good AAR so far, but you must beat the Ruskies and Limeys to make it complete. In one war.

Blog Entries
    First I have to beat real life. It is a far peskier foe.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Big fan of this AAR; can't believe I haven't posted here yet.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

I'm amazed you haven't re-conquered greece yet...
    I am the Emeror of the Intergalactic Roman Empire! Bow before my might!
    Current Game: Basiliea Rhomaion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 18 26 27 28