• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is the Ottoman Empire going to establish puppet states, or am I reading a WC AAR?

The French are learning that while pain is delicious bread in French, it has an entirely different meaning when the (conveniently Anglophone) Turks come to visit... I see you decided to split France in two, to continue your theme of vivisecting your opponents before you put them out of their misery.

Good war, even if it started with a bang and ended with a whimper - France has been thoroughly trounced, which is more important than having a climactic storyline for your war.

History_Buff: The eastern half is needed to keep Russia from taking more.

loki100: Hrm...he might be... And yes, the UK seems perfectly OK with dividing the world between us and them.

Henry v. Keiper: I love how everyone has a different mental image of Leroy.

hoi2geek: Neither. In 1.2, puppets are largely worthless.

Stuyvesant: Yes, but in retrospect, I should have gone for 2 Algerian regions instead of pushing the Franco-German border in (I only needed 4 to get to Spain). Algeria is a pain to fight in.

Jape: Thank you!

Enewald: Of course not! They'll need them again in 5 years. ;)

I just can't seem to catch a break.

I think I'd believe this, if the statement did not come straight after a screenshot showing all of France under occupation by your forces!

November 2: Half our army is bored.

Kudos to whoever supplies the Ottoman high command with reasons to go to war; 'Bored Army' cassus belli added to the list alongside 'Botanical Expedition', 'Fire God Wills It' and 'they need to be "protected"'. Cracking stuff.

I think I'd believe this, if the statement did not come straight after a screenshot showing all of France under occupation by your forces!

My poor troops, forced to keep an eye on a countryside full of wine, cheese, and women. The sacrifices they must bear for their country...

It's nice to see the French getting a drubbing. I'm currently facing them as Germany and by the 1920s they have a mobilisation pool of around 800 brigades. They still can't form a proper frontline though.

Dewirix: All the more reason to kill them early.

Aldriq: Nope. They left when I accepted white peace. :)

So...question time. Do I:
1.) Continue on.
2.) Continue on with v1.3b and see what wackiness happens.
3.) Do something new and crazy with v1.3b.
4.) Try and find enough time to do my Canada AAR properly (not likely, given I expect to average 50 hrs/wk of work for the next...year.).

continue on

Continue on, but I guess only as long as you're still enjoying it. I personally wouldn't be installing 1.3 while it's still in beta, but that's up to you.

I agree with Melrick: continue (as long as you still get something out of it) and leave the patch until you're done with this. I've seen quite a few AARs that went loopy or crashed outright after the application of a new patch, so that doesn't seem to be worth it.

But if the novelty of slaughtering the world's (former) Great Powers is getting repetitive and losing its charm, then by all means move on to other endeavors. I'll check in, one way or another. :)

After seeing the CB bug in action, I'm definitely going to continue without v1.3. Too bad: the military AI and performance fixes are nice.

Continue on.

Continue, naggy! I'll need a way to procrastinate from reading my assigned texts when university resumes and your AAR is an excellent way to do so.

You're pandering to those crazy-map fans again! What insane quirk of a man did you send to negotiate for THAT???!!!

Renss

You're pandering to those crazy-map fans again! What insane quirk of a man did you send to negotiate for THAT???!!!

Renss

Oh, you mean my tunnel through France? :)

Heh.

I have now played though a couple more wars - you'll see some uncharacteristic oopsies in the next update (a day or so). I also will provide a map and some looks at the GP situation and industrial situation.