• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
there's something utterly delicious about a world where Bavaria is described as a model Turkish Colony

The whole of Germania must be converted into a Turkish colony. And then la belle France. And while naggy is at it, he should try for the British Isles!

Dang, GB has been a pain in my rear end in my first V2 game as the USA...

Are you going seriously into India? Or is this just a sneaky way to open a second front with Russia? :)

Or Persia maybe? Arabia would look a lot better if it was all covered in Ottoman Light Green...

Enewald/loki100: I need to check and find out why it affected Bohemia...odd.

PrawnStar/aldriq: It's an opening into China and Russia's sphere. Britain is a far off dream.

anweRU: The first two are doable. Not sure about the last.

Tanzhang: No one is taking Persia, Egypt, or Arabia from my SoI, sadly. Russia has stopped going after Persia, and Italy lost her influence in Egypt.

I hope to get another update out today or tomorrow - I've played to about 1879.

I like your explanation of the Nile expedition mishaps. :)

Impressive conquering spree in Asia, by the way. It's kinda pushed to the sidelines, but the number of countries that fall under your boot is quite impressive. Are you going to be able to keep all those bits and pieces properly garrisoned, or are you going to ship in troops as needed?

I like your explanation of the Nile expedition mishaps. :)

Impressive conquering spree in Asia, by the way. It's kinda pushed to the sidelines, but the number of countries that fall under your boot is quite impressive. Are you going to be able to keep all those bits and pieces properly garrisoned, or are you going to ship in troops as needed?

Illiterate colonial peasants in Asia invariably tend to be docile. I haven't had a single revolt yet outside of Europe. If they do start revolting, they'll probably revolt along with the 400+ A-L rebel brigades, in which case I'm hosed anyway.

Turkish explorers are tragicly naive lol. Man I would hate to see how many brigades are sitting near that border you have to India lol. Looking forward to some more carnage and European colonisation :p.

Where are your rebels anyway?

I thoroughly regret buying this game. My USA game is worse than prawnstar's Golden Horde AAR game at this point. Late 70s-early 80s I destroy a Jacobin rebellion, then Confederate nationalists rise up, then Jacobins again... One after another, just as the last stack of the prior one is destroyed... Anarcho-liberals are waiting in the wings, as are New England nationalists (didn't realize we ever had plans to secede!).

I thoroughly regret buying this game. My USA game is worse than prawnstar's Golden Horde AAR game at this point. Late 70s-early 80s I destroy a Jacobin rebellion, then Confederate nationalists rise up, then Jacobins again... One after another, just as the last stack of the prior one is destroyed... Anarcho-liberals are waiting in the wings, as are New England nationalists (didn't realize we ever had plans to secede!).

Ouch. Jacobins are occuring due to the Jacobin rebel bug (fixed in chann's fixpack). I do have over 400 brigades of A-L rebels waiting, but my military is growing faster than they are (so far). At some point, though, I'm going to get a megarevolt.

Chapter 19: Clean up on Aisle 9

January 1, 1873: I decide to experiment a bit to see if a Liberal party will drive my UH liberal. I avoid the Young Turks, since they are L-F, and I have too many factories needing subsidies along with the industrialized world's most inefficient factories.

sunion.jpg

To celebrate, we declare war on Ethiopia. I have 5 brigades in theater, and they actually outnumber me. The AI, however, decides to attack my defensive general in the mountains, which helpfully solves that problem.

February 28: Spain decides to be annoying. Egypt is MINE! ALL MINE! Unfortunately, with a craptastic navy, I can't project power to try and take anything from Spain. Yet.

o19spainvegypt.jpg

June 1: Not sure if I noted this, but another German minor falls to Pan-Nationalists. Unfortunately, Prussia can't take advantage of the <minor> parliament event, because they have no sphere of influence, so they can't form Germany. This means I have to eat all the minors myself (at 20 infamy per minor).

July 12: Finally! When I want the AI to take someone out of my sphere, they take forever. I had 100 influence saved up, so I immediately retaliate by dropping their influence to Cordial - preventing them from intervening.

o19panjabsoi.jpg

July 29: The alliance with Panjab is severed.

August 24: Spain has grown smarter: their main army is staying on the coast where support limits are higher. Also, war is declared on Panjab. Same story as Ethiopia: they have more troops, we have more brains. Another attack against a defensive general in the mountains ends about as you'd expect.

However, Panjab has invested in a lot of forts. The conquest will take a long...long...long...time.

September 2: Our oppressed POPs will now be wanting more freedom.

o19separatism.jpg

October 5: We discover breech loaded rifles.

Sergeant: Put your breeches in the rifles, then aim at the target.
Private: Are you sure about that?
Sergeant: WTF else do you think breech loading rifles mean?
Private: What about when I want to take a second shot?
Sergeant: Um...take your enemy's pants?

We immediately start building Guards. Once the first set of Guards are done, I'll start disbanding Turkish infantry to replace them with Turkish guards. Unless I get them killed doing something stupid first.

Machine guns are next!

November 6: Resigned to needing to take out German minors one by one, we declare war on Saxe-Meiningen. Saxe-Coburg-Gotha is next on the 21st, then Braunschweig on December 7th, and Lippe-Detmold on the 21st.

December 8: Bavaria accepts white peace from Prussia. Disconnected territories seem to often lead to this idiocy. Maybe a regional war score system is needed...

January 8, 1874: Italy declares war on Austria to try and retake Emilia. This might have gone well for them, except my truce with Austria has run out, my armies are in place, and I don't share.

I wait 2 weeks for the Austrians to run to the Italian border, before I prove that the Ottomans also know what to do with an unprotected back. Our goal: Istria

o19dowaustria.jpg

February 28th: Here come the Austrians...running right smack into the jaws of my trap (cue Admiral Ackbar). That sea of of green occupations in the outliner is the eastern half of Austria, which is 100% rebel controlled (and rebel free!)

o19trap.jpg

March 25: And there goes half of Austria's remaining army...

o19bofsanktpolten.jpg

Meanwhile, a nasty influence war is going on over Bavaria and Baden. I'm trying to get enough influence to drop France's influence from Friendly to Cordial, but Austria keeps discrediting and banning me. Expect a quick declaration of war the second I get France's influence dropped. (I have no idea why Austria didn't call their allies in this war - Bavaria actually can field almost as big an army as Austria.)

April 7: Saxe-Meiningen is annexed. The other 3 minors I went after earlier follow pretty quickly.

May: Austria has 19 brigades left, mostly being chased around their countryside by my armies. The main problem is that they have access through Bavaria, preventing me from killing them off.

o19boflinz.jpg

August 24: Time to kill more minors, starting with Mecklenburg.

October 19: Ethiopia is annexed.

o19ethiopia.jpg

October 30: Ack! Rebels!

o19rebels.jpg

December 3: Spain attacks my armies in Ethiopia with nearly 2:1 odds, only to sign a white peace. They had taken over half of Tripoli/Libya which still got them 0 war score. We celebrate by adding Venetia to our goals against Austria (and Central Hungary on the 11th)

December 21: I was so busy killing people, I forgot to check the budget slider. Whoa! Over 800 pounds/day in subsidies! This requires a round of closing/destroying factories. Some will remain subsidized because the workers can't go anywhere else, and there's really no profit for me in angering craftsmen.

o19subsidies.jpg

January 17, 1865: Denmark declares war on Austria. 3 on 1!

February 19: Mecklenburg is annexed, so we declare war on Hesse-Darnstadt, Frankfurt-am-Main, and Nassau.

March 9: Austria's almost completely occupied, so my armies need something else to do...

o19dowprussia.jpg

Those are some hefty subsidies lol. Not much demand for Albanian canned food? hehe. Is fabric unprofitable due to the typical UK's absurd oversupply? Nice progress made all around the world especially in Europe. Whats next in the Asian theatre? Afghanistan? I can't wait till some conflict with the French! But I guess you will have to subjugate all of Germany and pacify Russia a bit before that.

Mr. Sometimes: ...with a good kicking!

Enewald: Hrm...let me change my Primary Culture to North German...

Kaltorak: I think I cut them by 60-70% by closing factories. Fabric is partially British oversupply, partially my own (it's an early available factory, so it tends to get overbuilt). I suspect that the Russian SoI will be taken down when I attack Russia - after Russia, I can consider France.

I'm loving Turkish Germany.

I'm taking care of that patchwork carpet. ;)

Someone has to ask... what's your current infamy? :rolleyes:

Current as of end of last update? No idea, but very high.

As of mid-1879: 620ish (from memory).

German minors (at 20 infamy for 1-2 provinces) are the main reason.

I count 30 steps forward for the Ottomans, and only one for the Elephants.

Good work!

Rensslaer

You better hope that the British doesn't decide to call off that alliance :O

That would be very, very bad. Especially in the east, where they'd just crush me.

I count 30 steps forward for the Ottomans, and only one for the Elephants.

Good work!

Rensslaer

Thank you! The elephants will continue to be shortchanged, I hope!

Cracking stuff, conquests all over the place. I loved the description of Ottoman exploration of the Nile. Furthermore even with all of the subsidies being paid at present (or previously having been paid), the clothing industry must be supporting your economy admirably now that breech loading rifles have been discovered!