• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
nice progress ... and some odd events, seems that Vicky 2 has much more warfare than Vicky 1 tended to?

I've played 4-5 games to completion and I have never seen the UK get a foothold in continental Europe. If I were France and the Netherlands I'd be very concerned right now.

Naggy, do you have enough BB spare to make the Russians disgorge some territory this time?

nice progress ... and some odd events, seems that Vicky 2 has much more warfare than Vicky 1 tended to?

I didn't play V1 enough to really give a fair approximation. And thank you!

By Jove, their 10 brigades just might do it this time!
Unless your army shows up. :p

Well, and their 85 peasant brigade friends. :)

Great to see an update naggy, it's been a while :)
Russia sure are a pain aren't they?

Yup! I'm hoping by slowing down, I'll retain interest longer, given how annoying it is to fight Russia every 5 years for nothing.

You should help out the poor Italians when you can, though I fear they are going to launch themselves into a series of self-defeating wars.

I want Emilia, which will give me a border with Italy and Papal States to try and get a border incident.

I've played 4-5 games to completion and I have never seen the UK get a foothold in continental Europe. If I were France and the Netherlands I'd be very concerned right now.

Naggy, do you have enough BB spare to make the Russians disgorge some territory this time?

Concerned? I'd be increasing relations with the UK to 200 ASAP. As to BB, no I don't. I could free some provinces, but I'm not sure it's worth it yet. I may save up and release 5-6 regions at once, though.

Crazy Italy :eek: At least the UK will protect them now :rolleyes:

Maybe if Italy attacks Austria now, the UK will help both sides, and attack themselves.

I can hope. :)

Holy crap this next update is going to be action packed.

Thank you naggy for an awesome Chapter 10!

You are now free to use any format/layout you prefer for your AAR :)
Nothing will be judged after this point.

You are also the second participant after forgiven to reach 10 chapters, bravo.
I hope to read many chapters more! :)

The Contest has reached its end now, and is closed for further chapters!

You reached the full 10 chapters for the contest! Congratulations! :)

Thank you very much for your participation!

The final Overview Posting is here!

The judging is in progress, watch the contest thread
for the announcment of the scores as soon as i get them. :)

Oh that's just mean. You can't leave us hanging like that.

Actually, you obviously can.

Well, due to interruptions, I've had to save/load twice during the period, which sucks due to the economy restart "bug". Thus, can't post the next chapter until I get far enough along to write, and today just sucked for that.

In addition to this AAR, I am starting a completely different sort of AAR - a POPulist AAR about individual POPs within a nation. No nation is chosen yet, so feel free to head on over to the AAR and vote for the nation I'll play...

A History of the People of [nation] - A POPulist AAR

Cracking updates, I love the insanity of the AI, Italy especially. Still, it matters not how strange the AI's borders become, they shall all soon become part of the glorious Ottoman Empire!

Chapter 11: 'ware the Pendulum

The plan for this round with Russia is the same: pull back, let Russia's army follow their motto (Semper Attritus) and do something I can exploit.

Beginning army count: Russia - 111, OE - 49.

May 7, 1855: The occupation of Serbia is in full swing, with 24,000 men chatting up Serbian women. The language barrier and lack of consonants doesn't seem to really be a hinderance.

May 20: Prussia and Austria can't agree on much, except that they both hate the UK.

o11discredit.jpg

May 30: The Russians are using a bold new tactic: take needless attrition!

o11attrition.jpg

June 10: Our Sindhi subjects are busy running to the outhouse.

o11cholera.jpg

June 19: We are done researching Medicine (yay +25% supply!), and start researching a Russian tech - Positivism. As in, they're positive they'll win this time!

July 1: Russia can't wait to give me something to exploit - I was afraid I might have to wait a while before I had a chance to do much. I have a +2 defense general in Bor, and am ready to shut the door on the Russians. However, if they keep trickling in armies, I won't be able to encircle them.

o11serbianmeatgrinder.jpg

One fun note: Russia has a score of 156. Italy is 154, and Spain is 132. If I humiliate Russia, I can knock them out of GP status. Hrm....

June 27: China is included in UK's SoI. This at least preserves them from getting chopped to bits.

August 6: The Russians are mauled horribly in Bor, Serbia. Our army follows to Tirgu Jiu, Wallachia...

o11bifbor.jpg

August 23: ...which doesn't work out any better for the poor Russians. This war is going well so far - over 40k Russian dead in 2 battles, plus attrition damage...

o11biftirgujiu.jpg

August 26: ...and the entire court needs a change of trousers. Austria is allied to Chuck Norris the UK.

o11austriandow.jpg

Yikes! I'm assuming that the UK honors the Austrian alliance but since you didn't show it there's still a slight hope that you're 'only' fighting Austria and Russia. I don't like to think what the British fleet will mean for your unprotected and rather long coastline.

May 30: The Russians are using a bold new tactic: take needless attrition!
When the veteran generals said learn from Napoleon, it seems like the young generals took the message too literally.

Good results against Russia who continues to employ remarkably innovative strategies in attempting to shred her own armies to ribbons as quickly as possible. Hopefully Russia's advanced military tactics have also been adopted by Austria and Great Britain!

whoops ...

May 7, 1855: The occupation of Serbia is in full swing, with 24,000 men chatting up Serbian women. The language barrier and lack of consonants doesn't seem to really be a hinderance.

I suppose if you married up Serbian with Turkish you do sort of get a reasonable balance between vowels and consonents? - or at least very harmonic vowels