• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very glad you are going to continue on with this. Wait a minute...

I have now played though a couple more wars - you'll see some uncharacteristic oopsies in the next update (a day or so).

Who is this imposter and what have you done with naggy?! There are no oopsies when naggy is playing! Well, apart from the infamous loans in EU3!

News!

1.) I hope to have an update written within the week. Run in fear!

2.) I have started a Crusader Kings II AAR!

Chapter 32: Spanish Inquisition

May 12, 1889: German Pan Nationalists rise up in Hanover. I let them go - taking out a united Germany would be simpler.

O32-GermanPan-Nationalists.jpg

August 23: Ottoman scientists discover Empiricism, giving a +50% boost to research. To celebrate, we declare war on Spain, enemy of Empiricism. That our armies were next door after beating France is a complete coincidence.

O32-DoWSpain.jpg

In response, Spain mobilizes. Sources say this is because the regular Spanish army is afraid to die alone. This gives them 137 brigades to my 236.

First, we start with bait. (We use only the best Sokot bait.

O32-Bait.jpg

September 11: Austria declares bankruptcy. Guess who their biggest creditor was?

In other news, Spain launches a withering attack in Ethiopia.

O32-EthopianAttack.jpg

The Spanish take the bait...the AI is a sucker for attacking a "weak" army even if a larger army is standing nearby.

O32-Bait2.jpg

September 24: The Austrians surrender...dropping them to 18th place and a firm spot as "nobody"

O32-AustriaPeace.jpg

October 4: I didn't get a chance to envelop the Spanish, but that's OK. 4:1 losses is good enough for now. Now to set the trap again...the Spanish can't be that dumb, right?

O32-BofPamplona.jpg

Or....maybe they can.

O32-Bait3.jpg

January 1, 1890: Ottoman scientists invent the Monitor, the first in the (Ottoman) world to do so. Due to rampant illiteracy still in the empire, they're still having trouble getting the ships built right. Apparently covering a wooden ship with clothesirons isn't how you make an ironclad.

January 6: Spanish history will forever remember the day when they lost an army of 180,000 men by letting it get surrounded. To their credit, they did try to break the encirclement at Logromo and Bilbao, but didn't make it in time. This is the effective end of the war - the remaining 60K men in Spain proper are quickly surrounded and dispatched, and the occupation begins.

O32-BofPamplona2.jpg

With that over, it's time for the next war...

O32-DoWDenmark.jpg

Bonus! Here are the rankings...remember, with this version, Britain is turbo-assimilating India, so I will almost certainly not catch her.

O32-Bonus.jpg

You could occupy all their industrial sectors, never make peace, and let their industry score go down, down, down.

Its good to see this AAR back!

You could occupy all their industrial sectors, never make peace, and let their industry score go down, down, down.

Its good to see this AAR back!

Yeah. See that ever so slight military score disparity? Even if I won, all my enemies (read: the world) would be coming after me for BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! as soon as they saw my strength drop. Not sure it's worth trying...

And thank you both!

Even if I won, all my enemies (read: the world) would be coming after me for BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! as soon as they saw my strength drop. Not sure it's worth trying...

Since you still owe us a big land war with Russia, that'd kill two birds with one stone :D

Since you still owe us a big land war with Russia, that'd kill two birds with one stone :D

You mean the Zerg, right?

You mean the Zerg, right?

Oh come on, the Russians don't have any genetic tech beyond peas in this time frame. Now stop co-spamming your own thread, I'm busy trying to read your other AAR! :rolleyes:

Wonderful to see this return and frankly I wouldn't put it beyond you catching up with the British, their turbo-assimilation of India or not! I'm surprised you managed to defeat Spain though, they fought so well.

Wow! Now this is a pleasant surprise... :)

Can German pan-nationalists form a union now that there is no German-culture GP? I think that only works for the Romanian nations and Sardinia-Piedmont.

Hey, you're almost at the end, here, Naggy -- do you intend to finish this?

I was thinking it was absent from the completed AAR category for the VictAARian Cross (it was a contender for my nomination!), but I was surprised to realize you didn't quite finish yet. :p

Rensslaer

First I have to beat real life. It is a far peskier foe.

Big fan of this AAR; can't believe I haven't posted here yet.

I'm amazed you haven't re-conquered greece yet...