+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick Man of Europe - an Ottoman Empire AAR

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    nice progress ... and some odd events, seems that Vicky 2 has much more warfare than Vicky 1 tended to?
    I've played 4-5 games to completion and I have never seen the UK get a foothold in continental Europe. If I were France and the Netherlands I'd be very concerned right now.

Naggy, do you have enough BB spare to make the Russians disgorge some territory this time?
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR
    The Yamato Destiny: A Japan HTTT AAR

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    nice progress ... and some odd events, seems that Vicky 2 has much more warfare than Vicky 1 tended to?
    I didn't play V1 enough to really give a fair approximation. And thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by BootOnFace View Post
    By Jove, their 10 brigades just might do it this time!
    Unless your army shows up.
    Well, and their 85 peasant brigade friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzhang (譚張) View Post
    Great to see an update naggy, it's been a while
    Russia sure are a pain aren't they?
    Yup! I'm hoping by slowing down, I'll retain interest longer, given how annoying it is to fight Russia every 5 years for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    You should help out the poor Italians when you can, though I fear they are going to launch themselves into a series of self-defeating wars.
    I want Emilia, which will give me a border with Italy and Papal States to try and get a border incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewirix View Post
    I've played 4-5 games to completion and I have never seen the UK get a foothold in continental Europe. If I were France and the Netherlands I'd be very concerned right now.

Naggy, do you have enough BB spare to make the Russians disgorge some territory this time?
    Concerned? I'd be increasing relations with the UK to 200 ASAP. As to BB, no I don't. I could free some provinces, but I'm not sure it's worth it yet. I may save up and release 5-6 regions at once, though.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Crazy Italy At least the UK will protect them now
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The April AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldriq View Post
    Crazy Italy At least the UK will protect them now
    Maybe if Italy attacks Austria now, the UK will help both sides, and attack themselves.

I can hope.

Blog Entries
    Holy crap this next update is going to be action packed.

Ill Growl of Talking Polar Mongoose's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Looking forward to it!
    ¡Viva ArgentinAAR! - My Vicky 2 AAR (1836-1880)

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    79 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Thank you naggy for an awesome Chapter 10!

You are now free to use any format/layout you prefer for your AAR
    Nothing will be judged after this point.

You are also the second participant after forgiven to reach 10 chapters, bravo.
    I hope to read many chapters more!
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by naggy View Post
    Holy crap this next update is going to be action packed.
    Oh that's just mean. You can't leave us hanging like that.

Actually, you obviously can.
    AAR in progress
    Yet this will go onward the same: the Yamato Destiny - Continuation of the last AAR in Victoria 2. Last updated 17th October 2012

Completed AAR

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    79 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    The Contest has reached its end now, and is closed for further chapters!

You reached the full 10 chapters for the contest! Congratulations!

Thank you very much for your participation!

The final Overview Posting is here!

The judging is in progress, watch the contest thread
    for the announcment of the scores as soon as i get them.
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind! – Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeed´s MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeed´s Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeed´s Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewirix View Post
    Oh that's just mean. You can't leave us hanging like that.

Actually, you obviously can.
    Well, due to interruptions, I've had to save/load twice during the period, which sucks due to the economy restart "bug". Thus, can't post the next chapter until I get far enough along to write, and today just sucked for that.

Blog Entries
    In addition to this AAR, I am starting a completely different sort of AAR - a POPulist AAR about individual POPs within a nation. No nation is chosen yet, so feel free to head on over to the AAR and vote for the nation I'll play...

A History of the People of [nation] - A POPulist AAR

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Cracking updates, I love the insanity of the AI, Italy especially. Still, it matters not how strange the AI's borders become, they shall all soon become part of the glorious Ottoman Empire!
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Blog Entries

Chapter 11: 'ware the Pendulum

The plan for this round with Russia is the same: pull back, let Russia's army follow their motto (Semper Attritus) and do something I can exploit.

Beginning army count: Russia - 111, OE - 49.

May 7, 1855: The occupation of Serbia is in full swing, with 24,000 men chatting up Serbian women. The language barrier and lack of consonants doesn't seem to really be a hinderance.

May 20: Prussia and Austria can't agree on much, except that they both hate the UK.

May 30: The Russians are using a bold new tactic: take needless attrition!

June 10: Our Sindhi subjects are busy running to the outhouse.

June 19: We are done researching Medicine (yay +25% supply!), and start researching a Russian tech - Positivism. As in, they're positive they'll win this time!

July 1: Russia can't wait to give me something to exploit - I was afraid I might have to wait a while before I had a chance to do much. I have a +2 defense general in Bor, and am ready to shut the door on the Russians. However, if they keep trickling in armies, I won't be able to encircle them.

One fun note: Russia has a score of 156. Italy is 154, and Spain is 132. If I humiliate Russia, I can knock them out of GP status. Hrm....

June 27: China is included in UK's SoI. This at least preserves them from getting chopped to bits.

August 6: The Russians are mauled horribly in Bor, Serbia. Our army follows to Tirgu Jiu, Wallachia...

August 23: ...which doesn't work out any better for the poor Russians. This war is going well so far - over 40k Russian dead in 2 battles, plus attrition damage...

August 26: ...and the entire court needs a change of trousers. Austria is allied to Chuck Norris the UK.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

Yikes! I'm assuming that the UK honors the Austrian alliance but since you didn't show it there's still a slight hope that you're 'only' fighting Austria and Russia. I don't like to think what the British fleet will mean for your unprotected and rather long coastline.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    May 30: The Russians are using a bold new tactic: take needless attrition!
    When the veteran generals said learn from Napoleon, it seems like the young generals took the message too literally.
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Good results against Russia who continues to employ remarkably innovative strategies in attempting to shred her own armies to ribbons as quickly as possible. Hopefully Russia's advanced military tactics have also been adopted by Austria and Great Britain!
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

I suppose the two major questions are does the UK follow Austria into the war and will the Russians accept a quick peace deal?

How many brigades does Austria have?
    AAR in progress

Completed AAR

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

whoops ...

May 7, 1855: The occupation of Serbia is in full swing, with 24,000 men chatting up Serbian women. The language barrier and lack of consonants doesn't seem to really be a hinderance.
    I suppose if you married up Serbian with Turkish you do sort of get a reasonable balance between vowels and consonents? - or at least very harmonic vowels

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oops, the Austrians brought an unexpected guest to your party... what are you going to do with Russia now?
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The April AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

First Vicky2 AAR I have read throughout. Congratulations on keeping intrigue and showing tactical side to game I wasn't aware of.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast