Darkest Hour - Dev Diary #7 - Missions, Interface and Leader Traits

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe, but there´s also an aspect called "Balance" and the AI.
The game won´t and can´t be 100% Accurate

Fair enough. It's all moddable anyways. :)

Actually, if you check the last three boxe, you get everything BUT the FMOK, understand you now, there are tooltips.View attachment 29349

Thank you for the screenshot of the tooltip for the checkboxes. I did not see that in original posting so that is why I commented on how do you know what box is for what rank. :)
Once again thank you and btw Xtfoster, I live in Phoenix and my aunt and uncle live in Payson along with my grandparents which both passed away this year, but my grandfather was in Polish Air Force when Germany attacked. I have so many stories from him and my grandmother of both German occupation and Russian.

Well, there are tooltips, as pointed out above. And the numbers represent the number of available leaders with that trait for that rank. I hope this is clear enough for you now.
Our aim with this feature was to reduce the amount of time the player has to waste on useless tasks. If you want a Field Marshall with Panzer Leader traits with HOI2 you'd have to scroll over all the Field Marshalls to find one with that trait. Now, just by opening the drop box you know how many Field Marshalls with Panzer Leader traits are available. By selecting that trait, the leader list will be filtered and will be easier for you to choose one. Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Yes thank you for the prompt clarification. I appreciate the work and the response to my comment/question. :D

I'm reviving this old DD in order to give a suggestion concerning "Support Defence" and "Reserves" missions. It would be great if it was possible to restrict those missions by ORG/STR sliders. It would make them far more useful and less micro-intensive. They could be used along with "Planned Defence" mission easily.

I'm reviving this old DD in order to give a suggestion concerning "Support Defence" and "Reserves" missions. It would be great if it was possible to restrict those missions by ORG/STR sliders. It would make them far more useful and less micro-intensive. They could be used along with "Planned Defence" mission easily.

Great idea and most probably easy to implement !

Just a quick question:

I LOVE you for implementing air scramble, but I would urge you to go a bit further then adding only the adjacent provinces. I guess it will be a bit tedious when needing to defend a country with many small provinces.