+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [V2:Flags] Minefield's Filtered Flags Pack

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

But some flags have more pure white, why not make em all more equal? Now it looks as if they are meant to have a non-white cream color compared to the nations that have white in their flag, that, looks white but still worn XD

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

uhm, you're right. the difference between white and cream is clearly visible. i'll do somthing about it.

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Love what you've done with the Monarchy Portugal flag - have you made more for PT?

Also, any reason why the previews are terribly out of focus, or is it just another manifestation of my terrible web connection?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of Prussia

the flags of Portugal are done

about the focus: just refresh the picture. they are hosted by imageshack at the moment but their servers don't seem to work very well. I'll probably change the host soon.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing the NEN flags.
    "Methought I could discern a pretty Democrat à la mode Françoise, and a sweet little Federalist à la mode Angloise." - John Lambert, French visitor to New York during the Jefferson administration.

The next 180 flags are ready.

You can take a look at them by clicking on the pic below guiding you to the first post.

BTW: The next update comes soon!

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesPirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Blog Entries
    Bravo, bravo. But why does the NGF monarchy flag have its fascist flag in it?

Also, when you release the flags, are you going to release them as plain flags plus the filter or will they be filtered by default?

US Secretary of Awesome Yuri_Kenobi's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Ah, I love these flags! I may have to wait till I actually see them in-game to make up my mind about the filter though..

But I have a question: Can you explain how the game uses the "_republic" flags and the "standard" flags?
    For instance, in which cases would Austria-Hungary start using the KUK.tga flag, and in which cases would it use the KUK_republic.tga?

ZomgK3tchup:
    Uhm, I'll change the NGF_monarchy flag. ;-)
    I applied the filter on each flag seperately. It's not possible to apply the filter on all flags at once.

Yuri_Kenobi:
    The rules about flags and governments are defined in governments.txt in the common-dir of vic2.
    The standard flags are used for democracy and prussian constitutionalism. Republic flags are used for presidential and bourgeois dictatorship.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty II Collection
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods

Blog Entries
    I don't know how I missed this, but the German Fascist flag is beautiful. It's a nice variation for the usual Nazi flag without the swastika.

US Secretary of Awesome Yuri_Kenobi's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Thanks minefield! And congratulations on the release.
    It's great work, but honestly I think I preferred the flags without the filter. Everything looks so... dirty.
    You wouldn't by any chance have all these flags lying around for an unfiltered flag pack release?

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    !!!

...how did you hack into my PC and steal my tentative designs of a Portuguese Fascist flag?!

Nah, just kidding, yours is better (I stuff way too many elements in my designs)

edit: Mexico's Fascist flag is sorta underwhelming is it not?
    We must find something superior!

th3freakie:
    The flag of fascist Portugal is the flag of the Ordem Nova you can find here.

Yuri_Kenobi:
    I'm sorry, but I don't have any unfiltered flags...

Europa Universalis III: Coat of Arms, Interface, Screenshots
    Victoria II: Flags
    Terra Maiorum (EU3 Map Project): Denmark, British Isles, Caucasus

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by minefield View Post
    th3freakie:
    The flag of fascist Portugal is the flag of the Ordem Nova you can find here.
    Never heard of hem. But it is a simple flag with one really strong national symbol, Nazi-Style. Works well for game porpuses.
    My designs (not on this PC unfortunately) also had the Cross of Christ but behind the CoA, without the circle and in other colours.

As for Mexico, why not something similar but with the eagle snake and cactus? Lots of models here.

Blog Entries
    Can you release an alternate USA_fascist flag that centers the current one on a plain red background without the stripes? Stripes on USA flags are too cliche, imo. Can you also do one with the USA_monarchy except without the four stars in the corner? It clutters the flag, and the traditional thirteen is more realistic.

I also noticed you fixed the colors and proportions on the USA flag, very nice, very nice.

I'd also recommend Yuri Kenobi's NOR_fascist flag. It's a very creative flag.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    [...] the German Fascist flag is beautiful. [...]
    Can you also do one with the USA_monarchy except without the four stars in the corner? It clutters the flag, and the traditional thirteen is more realistic.

What do you think of the new flag for fascist germany? Does the flag for monarchic USA look better?

Can you release an alternate USA_fascist flag that centers the current one on a plain red background without the stripes? Stripes on USA flags are too cliche, imo.
    That was the first version I made, but it looked blunt and blank... The one with the stripes my be clichéd, but one can identify it as a mixture of KuKluxKlan and USA.

I'd also recommend Yuri Kenobi's NOR_fascist flag. It's a very creative flag.
    Did I miss this? Did you mean the communist flag?

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by minefield View Post
    What do you think of the new flag for fascist germany?
    The resolution gain is good, the green laurels feel like an unnecessary element.

Quote Originally Posted by th3freakie View Post
    The resolution gain is good, the green laurels feel like an unnecessary element.

More significant, less cluttered. Is it better?

Awesome flags, mate. But if I would be so bold to make a suggestion, perhaps a new commie flag for Scandinavia is in order? The current one is kinda, eh, a bit fugly to be honest...

But besides that, considering the whole of it, this is one hell of a job mate. Congratulations!

As I said in the other thread, cngratulations, this is mod is really good and it adds even more depth to the game.

A little nitpic, though: why does the Papal States use the papal flag for its democratic government? I think it should use the Roman Republic flag of 1848, or the plain tricolour you used in the republican version.

@ Pijama: I did some variations of the communist (and republican) flags for the scandinavian countries... what do you think?

"After Napoleon, both lieutenant and Emperor, all destinies are within this century" - Dom Camurro
    --------------------------
    "New Nations Mod" for Victoria 2
    (version 1.00 (30/10))

50 new nations for your Vicky2 game!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast