+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [V2:Flags] Minefield's Filtered Flags Pack

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Blog Entries
    I have to agree with Athalcor. The filter is nice and all, but it doesn't really fit. For Europe and the Americas, this was an age of sophistication and the dawn of the modern era. Ya know? Dirty and ragged flags would fit CK or EU or even HOI better than Vicky.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

as some of you ask continually for the unfiltered flags I should add that info to my first post...

To answer this once and for all: I do not have my flags unfiltered.

Athalcor:
    If you want use the plain & unfiltered flags you have to redo them. If you want so, feel free to do.
    About the czech flag: It is the flag of a 2004 founded neo-nazi group called Na'rodni' korporativismus. I know it's way to late founded to fit the timeline of Victoria II but my estonian flags have the nordic cross in it. I thought about giving the czechs a more scandinavian oriented fascism. According to history I shoul've done something like the flag of the Sudetenland, but that would need established fascism in Germany.

ZomgK3tchup:
    I know about that. Nevertheless I don't like the plain style of the vanilla flags. I'm working on a mod where they might fit in better in your opinion. Unfortunately it's still far from release...

Europa Universalis III: Coat of Arms, Interface, Screenshots
    Victoria II: Flags
    Terra Maiorum (EU3 Map Project): Denmark, British Isles, Caucasus

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

Quote Originally Posted by minefield View Post
    as some of you ask continually for the unfiltered flags I should add that info to my first post...

To answer this once and for all: I do not have my flags unfiltered.

Athalcor:
    If you want use the plain & unfiltered flags you have to redo them. If you want so, feel free to do.
    About the czech flag: It is the flag of a 2004 founded neo-nazi group called Na'rodni' korporativismus. I know it's way to late founded to fit the timeline of Victoria II but my estonian flags have the nordic cross in it. I thought about giving the czechs a more scandinavian oriented fascism. According to history I shoul've done something like the flag of the Sudetenland, but that would need established fascism in Germany.
    Oh, I did not read the thread.
    About the Czech fascist flag - I ran into the problem that the only 'fascist' regime in my country was during Nazi occupation - then we used the white-blue-red tricolor. Nowadays, the neonacists use the lion on white and red, simple black, or Nazi oriented symbols. The Nordic cross is not very good because Czechs never identified themselves with Nordic-Aryan race.
    When I did flag for fascist Bohemia in DVG I used this:

and for Bohemia-Moravia:

Maybe you can use them.
    (I know that in standard V2 game is the possibility of creating fascist BOH/CZH like 1:100000 but...)
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs, 3rd in the 2014 Q3 ACAs.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

You can downsize nearly everything with some simplification.

About the nordic identification of czechs I don't know very much. Thank you for the information - I will think about another flag. Personally I like the idea of using the typical colors (red, black, white) of german fascism for Czechia.
    The first flag looks you posted very promising, but I'm not sure about the lion. As there is also Bohemia-Moravia in Victoria, the lion seems to be bit too much for Czechia. Does a symbol of czech fascists exists? How much were czech fascists influenced by german nazis before WWII?
    Maybe the symbol could be the goblet the lion is holding. What does it mean? The Holy Grail or something like this? It somehow reminds me of the (spanish) Kingdom of Galicia, so... what do you think about only using a yellow goblet on a red/black/white ground?

Europa Universalis III: Coat of Arms, Interface, Screenshots
    Victoria II: Flags
    Terra Maiorum (EU3 Map Project): Denmark, British Isles, Caucasus

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

Quote Originally Posted by minefield View Post
    You can downsize nearly everything with some simplification.

About the nordic identification of czechs I don't know very much. Thank you for the information - I will think about another flag. Personally I like the idea of using the typical colors (red, black, white) of german fascism for Czechia.
    The first flag looks you posted very promising, but I'm not sure about the lion. As there is also Bohemia-Moravia in Victoria, the lion seems to be bit too much for Czechia. Does a symbol of czech fascists exists? How much were czech fascists influenced by german nazis before WWII?
    Maybe the symbol could be the goblet the lion is holding. What does it mean? The Holy Grail or something like this? It somehow reminds me of the (spanish) Kingdom of Galicia, so... what do you think about only using a yellow goblet on a red/black/white ground?
    The Czechs were quite happy before the WW2 and after it they were quite communist so I do not know any official symbol of Czech fascist (except the lion and german symbols).

The Symbol the lion is holding is the Hussite chalice - symbol of the Hussites. And yes the sole goblet on field was one of my earlier thoughts as well.
    Also Bohemia-Moravia is quite weird, there were no such a nation in our history. But because it has territory of modern Czech republic then the goblet will be good for them.

For Czechoslovakia, I just do not know. Maybe the simple tricolor white-red-blue, or some combination of these colors with the ČS symbol somewhere.
    (OTOH, this is very inaccurate - the ČS letters are the abbreviation of Czechoslovakian Legion (fought against Entente in WWI)...)
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs, 3rd in the 2014 Q3 ACAs.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Very nice mod.
    I would like to comment on the Japanese flags. The fascist one (Japanese flag with a black stripe) looks like a boxed lunch of white rice with a strip of seaweed and a pickled plum on top; I think it would look like a joke to the Japanese, not a serious flag. Also, the black stripe on a white field is reminiscent of a funeral in Japan.
    There actually is a similar "flag" reserved for state mourning, and you can see it near the middle of this article under Protocol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Japan
    I suggest using the Japanese naval ensign or the army flag (the famous rising sun with spokes flag) as the fascist flag. The army flag was adopted in 1870.
    The monarchy flag is very nice, but the background pattern is too busy for a national flag. I suggest changing it to the standard of the Emperor of Japan, which has a plain red background (adopted 1869).
    These may be too late in the game time frame, but as the communist flag is the current flag of the Japanese Communist Party and is also therefore anachronistic, I think we can make some adjustments. Japan didn't have an official flag at all until 1870 (or technically, 1999).
    Here's a Wikipedia article on Japanese flags: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Japanese_flags
    Last edited by Armandeus; 04-12-2010 at 10:11.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Finally found Jehanne's chastity belt! But can't get the key in.
    Any plans for converting PDM additions with your style?

Ayeshteni
    "I Have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephan Hawkings

Owner of a Golden Phoenix cookie! Extremely Proud owner of a BiB cookie! I also have a very special Johan cookie as well
    Owner of 7 2Coaties
    "Why not? The primary causes for union are, thankfully, long gone. So why are we hanging on to it? For the sake of sentimentality? An uncertain economic argument that's easily dismissed? Nah. Go forth, Scots. All power to your elbow. You'll take the oil and we'll take the nukes, and we'll be in Brussels afore ye. And so on." - Rabid Bogling

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Hello Minefield. Great work on the flag pack. I was hoping to include this in a compilation mod, with your permission of course.
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Im a man in love with history and authenticity and to me a symbol has no power accept what you yourself give to it. So with that in mind any chance to get a version of the german fascists with a swatiska? I would do it myself but cannot seem to apply the filter correctly, thanks in advance!

Also ive replaced the flags in the folder with yours but for some reason the default ones are loaded?
    Last edited by Pickle_mole; 03-02-2012 at 01:59.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle_mole View Post
    Im a man in love with history and authenticity and to me a symbol has no power accept what you yourself give to it. So with that in mind any chance to get a version of the german fascists with a swatiska? I would do it myself but cannot seem to apply the filter correctly, thanks in advance!

Also ive replaced the flags in the folder with yours but for some reason the default ones are loaded?
    Paradox have totally banned any references to the Swastika (or any variants of it) in their games and on this forum, even talking about it could get you banned. Personally I think that's a paranoid and unnecessary policy, but it's their policy. If you really want that, you'll have to mod it yourself, but you wont be allowed talk about it or upload it to the forums.

Is there a Republic of China (ROC) flag somewhere?
    He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Meier View Post
    Is there a Republic of China (ROC) flag somewhere?
    Yeah, I think we have that in PDM.

is this compatible with AHD?

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

That is a heck of a question-- Why wouldnt this work with AHD? Flags are Flags right?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacy
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman1219 View Post
    That is a heck of a question-- Why wouldnt this work with AHD? Flags are Flags right?
    This should work fine with AHD. You'll probably want to apply the filter to the new Taiping flags though, so they aren't out of character with the rest of the flags. Taiping (TPG) was the only tag added for AHD.

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

How would I do that chand?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacy
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman1219 View Post
    How would I do that chand?
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...AGS-Worn-Flags

The facist flag of Occitania isn't included in one of the downloads, could anyone upload it for me maybe?

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    ImpireKing Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIStarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I still see my old flags, even those I made myself but now replaced with yours.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

How do I install this mod I can't seem to get it to replace the old flags

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast