+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [V2:Flags] Minefield's Filtered Flags Pack

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

[V2:Flags] Minefield's Filtered Flags Pack

Minefield's Victoria II Flags

I made a flagpack for Victoria II using my own filter that is based on a filter Modestus did for Europa Universalis III.

Some of the flags that this pack contains were introduced into Victoria II by Thoughtful Punk. He released 320 flags that are availible here.

Victoria II (1.2)

- current version 1.02 -

The images below show all 1070 flags (sorted alphabetically). Some of the flags are completely fictitious, but most of them are (at least loosely) based on real ones.

Download v1.02 Complete Pack (Mediafire)

Western Revolters and Minorities (2.4)

These flags are for the mod "Western Revolters and Minorities" by Evil Weasel that is availible here.
    The flags are not the same Evil Weasel released with his mod. I made some new ones that are fitting in better in my opinion.

Download v1.00 Western Revolters and Minorities (Mediafire)
    Mirror: [MFV] Minefield's Flags for Victoria II 1.2 Western Revolters 2.4 [v1.00].rar

Breaking Russia

These flags are for the mod "Breaking Russia" by Orinsul that is availible here.
    The flags are not the same Orinsul released with his mod. I made some new ones that are fitting in better in my opinion.

Download Breaking Russia v1.00 (Mediafire)
    Mirror: [MFV] Minefield's Flags for Victoria II 1.2 Breaking Russia [v1.00].rar

Preview: New Nations Mod

Preview picture of my upcoming flagpack for the New Nations Mod by Trovador. Current version is 0.57.

- download coming soon -

Do it yourself: The Filter

The filter is in .psd format.

Download the filter v2.10 (Mediafire)
    Mirror: [MFV] The Filter (v2.1).rar

I'm open for any kind of criticism. If there is something wrong about the flags or you think another one is more fitting, please feel free to post it.

As requested, I took some screenshots:

screenshots_1.jpg
    Last edited by minefield; 24-04-2011 at 17:29.

Europa Universalis III: Coat of Arms, Interface, Screenshots
    Victoria II: Flags
    Terra Maiorum (EU3 Map Project): Denmark, British Isles, Caucasus

Simplified and Stylish Realism Bob Ilyani's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Can you post a Screenie showing what the flags look like in game? Thanks.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of Prussia

screenshots added

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Will you be making your own flags like Thoughtful Punk or will you use the vanilla ones for what he didn't change?

I made my own for most of the flags he didn't touch. The flags I use that look like they were vanilla are redone, because Paradox distorted the original ratio to make them fit their format.

They look very good, love the faded appearance.

Just noticed why does the original shading appear to show in the game shot ?
    Re-textured Map for HOI3. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=429738
    Re-textured Map For EU3\Cities. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=283243
    Re-textured map for Victoria II. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=498811
    Re-textured map for Divine Wind. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...or-Divine-Wind.

A map should look like a map and not a cheap version of the world from a high altitude balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post
    They look very good, love the faded appearance.

Just noticed why does the original shading appear to show in the game shot ?
    Original shader is a seperate file in gfx/interface that I didn't touch by now.

The next 60 flags are done.
    The flags of Austria, Baden, Czechia have been updated.

Please feel free to comment. I'd be happy if some more of you would post their opinion about the flags. Is there anything you want me to change? Is something historically inaccurate?

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    I commented on your CSA/USA flags in the other thread.

I don't know how I feel about the naval ensign of ROC being the Chinese fascist flag, but I guess there's no better alternatives. There's always the Empire of China flag, but tbh, I think both that and the Five Races flag are pretty ugly.

Also, according to Wikipedia, the flag of Utah was used for the Deseret flag. You may want to look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    I commented on your CSA/USA flags in the other thread.

I don't know how I feel about the naval ensign of ROC being the Chinese fascist flag, but I guess there's no better alternatives. There's always the Empire of China flag, but tbh, I think both that and the Five Races flag are pretty ugly.

Also, according to Wikipedia, the flag of Utah was used for the Deseret flag. You may want to look into that.
    China

The fascist flag for the PRC is not only a naval ensign of the ROC but was the flag of the Kuomintang. That's why I thought it would fit. According to a list of the flags of China on Wikipedia there are other flags that could be used:
    1. A flag of the Wuchang uprising for fascism.
    2. A flag of the Empire of China for monarchy. (it would cause problems with the Qing flag though)
    3. A flag of the Jiangxi Soviet Republic for communism.

Deseret

The flags of Deseret are the same PI used. I checked if they were correct and found this list of the flags of Deseret.

Blog Entries
    I believe that the flag you have is the flag of the political party KMT and also its naval ensign. If I'm right, this should be the country flag: Here.

KMT was the ruling party of the Republic of China. I believe they had separate flags.

First Lieutenant nuarbnellaffej's Avatar
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness

This is a great mod, thanks for your work!

If it makes money, they tax it. If it keeps making money, they regulate it. If it stops making money, they subsidize it.

The next update. I updated some of the flags (e.g. chinese communist and fascist) and finished works on the next 180 flags.

Just in case you're wondering about the japanese flags. The all known warflag isn't gone. It will come back with a full set of imperial flags I'm working on.

Blog Entries
    Here's a comment and a few technical questions for you.

I think the CSA monarchy flag should use Washington's coat of arms or something along those lines. I don't like the vanilla one.

How exactly do you do these filters? Are they part of the .tga image? If so, what do you do to them?

Quote Originally Posted by ZomgK3tchup View Post
    How exactly do you do these filters? Are they part of the .tga image? If so, what do you do to them?
    I released a filter a while ago (and updated now) in this thread.

...about the CSA monarchy. I tried to replace it but all I did was too crappy to release. I still want to replace it and maybe it's changed with the next update.

Blog Entries
    http://images3.cafepress.com/image/21101213_125x125.png

This is the smallest coat of arms I could find. I don't know if it'd be of any use to you.

So you thought about adding the whole greater arms to the flag? How should I color the ground? In the typical CSA-red?

Blog Entries
    Yes, the red would look nice. You could throw some white in since the the feathers are all red or white. Alternatively, you could try blue for contrast.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

They all look AMAZING.. But when seeing Japans flag (and some others), i must say, while the worn look is spectacular, it is a tad overdone when it comes to the whiteness of some of the flags.
    Some of them look perfect with the white still being white and nice (Ireland, JOH_facist), but some other flags (like Japan) have the white replaced by a cream sorta color, which i cant help but disagree with.
    Just my 2€. Overall amazing work

(and the china commie flag with the writing on the side is incredible, its too bad theres not many places ingame where you actaully get to see these flags in a large size apart from the circular frame, maybe a sub-mod could change those circular frames to rectangular, to show more of the flags?)

The thing about white (#FFFFFF) is that at least I can't really use it when working with different layers. Also my intention when starting this mod was making flags look worn, war-torn or something like this. Units marching with their own flag, flags aging by being in the sunshine day by day...

I hope you'll like the mod though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast