+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bukkhara: Central Asian Might

A Smooth Operator Brandenburg III's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

On the corner of Breaking Hearts & Forgetting Names
    Blog Entries

Bukkhara: Central Asian Might

I wasnít planning on writing another AAR so quickly but after being told and having read a thread in the other forum that civilizing an unciv was difficult, I decided to write one up. And since I already had the MIP mod installed, I thought why not kill two birds with one stone? So I donít really know the rules for the competition but no matter, Iíd go ahead and write the AAR the way I wanted anyway. If I do happen to disqualify myself in one way or another, eh, no big deal.

So this is how this AAR will work.
    Difficulty:
    Very Hard
    Goals: Split Russia in half. Become a Great Power. Reach as far west as I can and become the premier Muslim power in the world. Challenge UK for India.
    This is version 1.2

Depending how bad lag is later on - between 1900 to the end of the game - I may cut all GP, Second Powers and the following five military by 1/4. But weíll see how that goes.

This AAR will be detail intensive. Every move I make, every event I receive and every major move the AI makes will be detailed and explained. Iíve never attempted an AAR full of so much detail before so weíll see how it goes.

Originally I was playing a practice game but the initial years went so well that I decided to start the AAR on January 1851. The first update will give you the backstory of the previous years since game start. The first update will be out within an hour or two.

Chapter list:

Chapter 1: Rock in a Hard Place (Cheshire Cat)
    Chapter 2: Under the Gun
    Chapter 3: Knock 'Em Dead, Kid
    Chapter 4: Youíre in Trouble
    Chapter 5: Cold Blood
    Chapter 6: Same Ol' Situation
    Chapter 7: Feed My Frankenstein
    Chapter 8: Fly to the Angels
    Chapter 9: South Station Blues
    Chapter 10: Have A Drink On Me
    Chapter 11: Run to the Hills
    Chapter 12: Growing Up the Hard Way
    Chapter 13: Wasted
    Chapter 14: Patience
    Chapter 15: Tear Down the Walls
    Chapter 16: Sweet Temptation
    Chapter 17: Community Property
    Chapter 18: Stranger Than Paradise
    Chapter 19: Gettin' Better
    Chapter 20: Over the Mountain
    Chapter 21: A Lil' Ain't Enough
    Chapter 22: I Want Action
    Chapter 23: Beggars and Hangers-On
    Chapter 24: Silent Lucidity
    Last edited by Brandenburg III; 02-01-2011 at 06:27.
    My Ink Well updated 30 June 2013 Contains AARs, Mods and Projects

HOI II Library Updated through 13 March 2009

I'm playing as Afghanistan and achieving anything like you've just listed is just astounding. I will most certainly be paying attention.

Argentina Delenda Est Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    One question: Will it be funny?
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Fire and Ash: My ambition usually outweighs my ability.

Tanzhang: Whatís funny?

Excuse the initial block of text. After this first update, pictures ought to separate the text well enough.

On day one I raised rich taxes to 100% since Iím not going to have capitalists for a while and militancy is always kept pretty low. The added income helps greatly. In addition, I used my national focus in my capital province since it is the largest state. The Focus went toward turning citizens into Farmers to aid my horrible economy. Trying to raise soldiers before Freedom of Trade - my first tech I research as an unciv - would just cost money and isnít so important right away. I'll be getting more solider POPs anyway considering I was going to declare war.

A few days into the game I declared a Conquest war on Khiva before the other Central Asian countries all allied with one another. If that happens then youíre just waiting to be annexed. So I chose my battles and already having a superior army, managed to annex the country in short time. This gave me the allowance to build a few more units for a future war against Kokkand, Afghanistan or Persia.

Then came the waiting. I began raising relations with Persia thinking Iíd try another Conquest war in the future, this one against Afghanistan. But as the years crept closer I realized that just wasnít going to happen.

Once Freedom of Trade was discovered I switched my National Focus from farmers to soldiers. That tech is the most important one to an unciv. And I believe Russia starts without that tech as well, so research it first no matter who you are.

After these first few years Kokkand was allied with Afghanistan and Persia, making an attack on them unlikely. Given Afghanistanís military size I decided to wait for the inevitable Chinese declaration of war on Kokkand to free up my opportunities. But I was still going to keep an eye on Afghanistan.

In the 1840's I secured an alliance with Persia and toward the later years, signed one with Panjab as well. I disbanded my irregular units over time, replacing them with proper soldiers. I still canít build cavalry or anything, so its all infantry until otherwise stated.

Then in 1848 the Chinese invaded Kokkand and her allies fled. Initially I thought about declaring war to take the provinces I wanted but couldnít remember how few states a country had to have in order to annex them... so I waited.

When the war ended sometime in 1849 I was able to declare Conquest on Kokkand and went to war. They still had around 15-18,000 troops but they werenít budging from their capital even with my smaller 9k armies sieging their neighboring provinces. The prospect of mountains likely turned them off.

During the war Persia inexplicably canceled our alliance and I instantly raised our relations to nearly 200. At that point I decided to leave Persia be and raise relations, when allowed, with Russia. Sure I plan to take a number of their states later on but they can be my friend in the meantime. By the way, no one has invested much influence in me. Russia is the highest at Neutral 36.

One by one Kokkandís provinces fell and when they all fell but the capital and they still wouldnít leave or attack, I gathered my entire crew and invaded. A battle threw them out and a second one destroyed them. By late December 1850 they were annexed. Which takes us right up to 1 January 1851. Beyond this point, beginning with the next post, Iíll slow things down and show you everything that happens. But first, hereís some pictures of the world.

Iíll name the armies later on so in faraway shots, you have a good idea of where things are.

I probably missed a thing or two in my explanation so if you have any questions, Iíll do my best to remember.

Don't ask me where the regular clothes come from since I don't have factories. I do let the AI run my economy though so there's probably something going on with that.

1851 Territory

Technology & Economy

Population Overview

Both the Netherlands and Belgium thought they were tougher than they actually were. Their losses came at the expense of their own ambitions. Russia just happened to be alliance leader when Belgium thought it a good idea to DoW a Netherlands allied with half of Europe.

The US recently won a war against Mexico for a western territory. During the US/Mexican War, the UK declared war on the US for US New England. In spite of occupying five or six US provinces, a white peace was signed a few months before the pic below was taken.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Blog Entries
    Subscribing. Go kick some Asian ass.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

At least if you are using 1.2 it should be a bit more difficult, although I don't have any doubts you will achieve those goals

Has Prussia changed colour in 1.2 or is it due to MIP's better judgement?
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Blog Entries
    Nikolai: Iím on my way.

aldriq: A change in the mod. The map here looks much better than in vanilla.

In one of the pictures giving an overview of North Africa you can see Portugal was nearly ready to annex Morocco but an intervention on the part of France negated those plans. Twenty days later, after mobilization, Portugal gave up their dreams of diving into Morocco and settled for a status quo treaty. With Portugal, Spain and France already surrounding whatís left of Morocco, the area is predictably going to be a hotspot for decades. Speaking of which, Spain declared war on the uncivilized country two days after the Portugese gave it up.

Back on the home front I cut down the clergy. Iím not interested in raising either militancy or consciousness right now. Iíll wait for that after Iíve civilized.

Flipping back to Africa, France again intervened on the side of Morocco on 11 April. Morocco has a hero in France... even if they had taken a chunk out of it earlier.

The European Military Mission hit me soon after, which I welcomed because I donít recall seeing any, with the exception of one, since starting the game. The rise in militancy is a small price to pay since its steadily on the decline anyway.

15 June I was able to construct two more new infantry units which would greatly aid me in future wars. Itís a struggle to hire any men to the lines and Iím taking what I can get. And about a month later my militancy increased with an Insulting Officer event. Militancy is declining fast so Iíll take that over consciousness anytime.

By September both France and Spain had mobilized, making Africa a very messy place. Iberia was looking a little shaky too and I was beginning to wonder how much Spain would take. Eventually, around March 1852, Spain would sign a status quo treaty. Seven days after that treaty, 17 March, Prussia declared war on Morocco. I was waiting for Franceís involvement to follow. It didnít come.

Then a pair of events hit me about ten days later. I donít know why anyone would turn down the research benefits unless youíre a hard core role player.

While continuing to wait for BB to dive down, I looked north and decided to begin raising relations with Russia. China hates me anyway, Persia will always be flaky, UK is too far away to do anything and I want Russia on my good side even if we donít become allies. I only plan to raise relations - which is now at +64 - when I have the points to spare.

15 September 1852 I discovered Publishing Industry and immediately began researching my last tech needed to Westernize, The Rights of Man. As it stands Iím going to have to raise my prestige by 16 and military by 29. The military points are going to be the most difficult to gather due to the low population of the area but Iím already looking at the major population of Afghanistan to rectify that problem once my BB lowers far enough.

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Thank you for taking part in the contest and good luck!
    I linked your thread in the contest list and will follow your AAR

Bukkhara... now thats a country i didnt had on my list to see an AAR of
    I am curious what you will be able to accieve with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandenburg III View Post
    So I donít really know the rules for the competition but no matter, Iíd go ahead and write the AAR the way I wanted anyway. If I do happen to disqualify myself in one way or another, eh, no big deal.
    I really hope you took by now the time to read the rules, if not it would be wise to do so now.
    I really dont want to disqualify anyone if its somehow avoidable, so please take at least a quick look at them and see if you can agree with them.
    There arnt that many, but some are there and must be considered.
    If you have any questions regarding that, just ask me and i am happy to help or explain

Besides that, your writings till now are within the rules, so no problem there.
    Is one posting to be considered one chapter for the contest contentwise?
    Maybe you could make a chapter list in the first posting,
    so its easier to navigate, if that fits your taste?

A change in the mod. The map here looks much better than in vanilla.
    Thank you for the roses, glad you like the changes
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    ďMultiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind!Ē Ė Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeedīs MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeedīs Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeedīs Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

Blog Entries
    Alexspeed: Every forum needs its own Howard Roark but Iíll go ahead and put chapter links in sometime this week.

1 December France made more moves in Africa, this time by annexing Madagascar. They have an opportunity to become the African power considering the fracture of Morocco. In other news, the Netherlands went to war again against Hannover. Shortly after the Netherlands mobilized.

On my front, I was able to secure military access with Persia on 29 December 1852. Getting my manpower and military score high enough may be a challenge but gaining prestige just became a whole lot easier. And for the first time in the game, Anarcho-Liberals showed up for me.

April 1853 followed with aristocratic anger. I couldnít care less about what the rich strata cares about. I would have to create an entire infrastructure around them just to make sure they exist and thrive and at this point, I donít really see that happening. Iím going to try for a Socialist, Communist or Fascist country and by the way my politics are made up, Fascism seems the most likely later in the game.

A few weeks later Prussia annexed Morocco. It makes northwestern Africa look a little more colorful if not more interesting.

To begin my first mission to raise my prestige, in June I began moving my unnamed army near Kalat but Makran would be my real target. And while I was doing this, the Russians were screwing around with the US within my country. Its pointless for me since no one outside of Russia is investing in me and whenever Russia gets the chance, instead of raising relations to cordial and friendly, theyíve remained neutral by hammering on other countries.

The next few months were busy with beginning wars; US went to war with Mexico over Nevada-Utah and Two Sicilies declared war upon Egypt, bringing Sokoto along on the Egyptian side. Then just as my unit was close to reaching Makran, China declared war, wanting Naryn. Panjab went against helping and I decided a defensive war was the only way I had a chance to win a white peace. But I had plenty of bordering territory and not all of it was covered in mountains. It was going to be a rough war but I believed I had a chance to win provided a few battle rolls went my way.

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Well, you couldn't start with a more difficult nation?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2

Holding off the Chinese hordes is going to be interesting. Good job you've amassed some brigades.
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

off to an awesome start, but gulp having China DOW you will be quite the challenge - good luck!
    Author of the CK2 Matchmaker - a tool that analyzes your save-games to help you find that perfect noble.

Author of the Victoria2 advisor - a tool that analyzes your save-games and gives you useful info.

Author of Vic2 AARs for China, Switzerland, Denmark, Persia and Mexico.
    EU3 AARs for Venice and Hungary.

Art - Games - History Alexspeed's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandenburg III View Post
    Alexspeed: Every forum needs its own Howard Roark but I’ll go ahead and put chapter links in sometime this week.
    I surly dont want to restrict your individuality, if you say one update-posting should be considered one chapter for the contest then thats also good enough

Thank you for the Update & good luck with the chinese... this will be interresting
    Platypus rutilus, in hoc signo vinces - In honorem Paradox!
    ďMultiple exclamation marks are a sure sign for a diseased mind!Ē Ė Terry Pratchett
    ----------- -----------
    Alexspeedīs MIP - Map Improvment Package and Untransparent Map Mod for Victoria 2.
    Alexspeedīs Canvas Worldmap, SexiiColours Intense and Clear Map Overlay for Victoria 2.

Mount & Blade Custom Flag Tutorial - Alexspeedīs Victoria 2 Wallpapers and Loadscreens & Wallpapers for EU3

Member of The Iconians Club 50 and the 200k Club - - Proud Owner of the SAS Award for Forum Dedication.
    My finished Victoria 2 AAR Contest - My AwAARds: Fan of the Week: 7-Nov-2010

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Rome Gold

China in central asia, eh? I don't recall that happening very often in Vicky, is this a V2 tendency of China, or is it more because the British and the Ruskies haven't yet moved in?

Blog Entries
    Enewald: Actually, I first tried out Kokand but that experiment failed miserably.

aldriq: Manpower is an issue... 36,000 to hold off the Chinese is going to be rough. The 18,000 (reduced to 15,840 from attrition) is a month or two away since I was planning the war against Makran. The war will hinge on luck and the rolls in major battles.

Boris ze Spider: Headline of the decade.

badger_ken: I predict Iím going to have constant problems being sandwiched between China, Russia and only a few provinces away from the UK. Ought to make for an interesting game.

Alexspeed: Oh, I figured out something. The first post will have the chapter updates sometime tomorrow or at the latest, Monday.

Serek000: China seems attracted to that region of the world for some reason. If I were her, Iíd choose Southeastern Asia, picking on those small countries down there. So I will have to watch myself.

And yes, once the Russians and UK develop an interest in China, theyíll likely end their moves west. The only question is, how soon or how late will that happen? If theyíre not occupied, then Iím going to be busy.

The first battle took place less than a month into the war. Iím hoping for a purely defensive exercise but if I see an opportunity, Iím going to take it. Just glancing at my other AARs, you can see what kind of opportunist I am and that I will take risks if I think theyíre valid.

For the battles, Iím fine with them having 1/3 troops more than I since Iím going to try keeping the majority of battles defensive and in the mountains, giving me an incredible boost.

Four days after the above battle began, the Chinese sieged Naryn, a province I have no interest in protecting since it can be attacked from so many angles. Also, should they choose to flood their troops into the unprotected mountain province, theyíre going to suffer massive attrition numbers and Iím going to need things like that to help me.

At the beginning of October I received a nice little event. It makes me want to open up parties right now and begin voting but I still donít have the opportunity quite yet to do so. Iíll probably wait until after Iím civilized - if I get the chance - to begin elections.

Then the battle in Bishkek ended with a substantial victory. I could use plenty more of these. With the army I sent off getting closer, I marched an army into Chinaís Yasi, reaching and besieging the province on 19 November. This is an attempt made to help bottleneck the Chinese.

But twelve days before this, the Prussians and Dutch signed a white peace. Apparently Prussia didnít want anything they had.

Hereís a quick updated view of the war on 19 November. I donít have any troops to spare and if I can control Yasi, that means I close up a gap where China could invade two of my other provinces. To have a chance to win Iím going to need speed and Yasi. Around here I was beginning to think I wasnít going to have enough troops.

6 December, in spite of controlling near half the province, the Chinese gave up on Naryn. Some of their soldiers were sent to my Khorug and the others were on a route to strike into Yasi. I chose to retreat Khorug if only to add to their attrition and because I didnít want to move my unit in Osh. With this new defensive formation, I cannot permit anymore retreats. Iím awaiting my opportunity and Iím not finding one.

On the 25th, they sieged Khorug and on the second to last day of the year, a battle broke in Yasi. Even with the entrenchment and their lack of a general, it isnít looking good. Not with another 7,000 Chinese on the way. But I would win it nine days into the New Year before those troops could do damage.

In alleviating news, Russia declared war on France. Thatís one front Iím not going to have to worry about. The war was probably declared due to the Russians inhabiting that Belgian state showed in the second post.

Toward the end of the month, rather than the Chinese heading into Yasi, they chose instead to march the bulk of their troops toward Bishkek. Here you can see my plan for defensive action. Iím always going to have at least one province wide open. And strangely, the Chinese are choosing to move their Khorug armies back toward Naryn. This is one of those big battles Iím going to have to win.

I hope the Chinese didn't get many 9s in that battle

Civilising did help smarten up the Chinese AI in my current game, since then it has gone for Panjab, Korea and Johor, rather than Russia or the arid west.
    Tintero

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

great job!
    Author of the CK2 Matchmaker - a tool that analyzes your save-games to help you find that perfect noble.

Author of the Victoria2 advisor - a tool that analyzes your save-games and gives you useful info.

Author of Vic2 AARs for China, Switzerland, Denmark, Persia and Mexico.
    EU3 AARs for Venice and Hungary.

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Your generals name is Allah.
    You cannot lose!

Hi there... May I now direct your attention to the small doomed shizhul that is Tripoli and ask you; do you want to change your point?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast