• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Most of the screenshots I have seen, if its not in Africa or (for the UK) China, they don't want it.

Is this WAD?

It sounds unfair and unbalancing for the AI to not be able to take lands other then what is in Africa and Asia. I know this isn't a war game, but if the player can take over his European neighbors then the AI should be able to do so as well.

Is this WAD?

It sounds unfair and unbalancing for the AI to not be able to take lands other then what is in Africa and Asia. I know this isn't a war game, but if the player can take over his European neighbors then the AI should be able to do so as well.

The AI usually stays within the infamy limits.

EDIT: And IRL, only twice in 200 years did any nation go above the "infamy limit"; France under Napoleon and Germany under Hitler. So I think it's pretty reasonable to program the AI to stay within those limits in order to get a plausible game experience.

Indeed.

Still, isn't it like extremely easy to mod?

I think it is hard coded that you can't take individual provinces, only states. I'm not sure if it is hard coded that all states cost the same infamy, I haven't looked into modding the game

I think it is hard coded that you can't take individual provinces, only states. I'm not sure if it is hard coded that all states cost the same infamy, I haven't looked into modding the game

That's not what I meant. I was asking if maximum infamy could be modded, so that instead of the maximum infamy being 25 it would be something like 50 for example.

That's not what I meant. I was asking if maximum infamy could be modded, so that instead of the maximum infamy being 25 it would be something like 50 for example.

Yes, common/defines.lua -> BADBOY_LIMIT = 25
But that's not what I meant by infamy limits being ridiculous (see above)

Really, what would be nice is if there was a way to reduce Infamy faster, as if I understand it right, there's a peacetime rate and a wartime rate (the only other way being releasing satelites and a few niche decisions). Say, a decision that sacrifices Prestige and/or Diplomatic/Influence points to reduce Infamy, essentially mimicking the country making an effort to make out it's gains were justified, or it's not that bad after all.

I've watched the British AI take half of China and pretty much all of south-east Asia. In that game they also sliced off big chunks of the USA while the USA was busy defending against the Mexican invasions.

I've seen spain, france and a whole assortment of other countries go on conquering sprees, but they tend to do so in africa, asia and the middle east (which, to be fair, is historically accurate).

It seems that France and Spain have a thing for conquering the Arabian Peninsula, the UK likes to conquer Yemen around 1900, and Germany went after Oman around 1890. Also, Russia seems hell bent on taking the Omani colonies around Zanzibar.

In my latest Japan game, the AI seems to be going slightly war crazy.

Prussia immediately declared war on Denmark for Schleswig, and expanded their war goal to include the rest of mainland Denmark.

France attacked Prussia and got the Rhineland.

Britain (as usual) is slowly eating China, but China is grabbing Portugal's colonies, such as Goa and East Timor.
Also, Spain declared war on Portugal for some reason, and expanded their war goal to include northern Portugal.

The Confederacy survived the war, and Mexico declared war on them for Oklahoma, but the CSA was doing well enough to add war goals, but they white-peace'd in the end.

The Ottomans keep expanding into the Egyptian Middle East, and Ethiopia is taking advantage of this and expanding to the north.

South America is continually at war, but I never see any provinces change hands.

France even managed to go over the infamy limit, somehow, and got three or four wars of containment against them.

Russia grabbed Oregon, as usual, and they're expanding into the Central Asian Khanates.

Also, Italy formed around 1840 (it was those Red Shirts), and they have since conquered the entire Arabian Peninsula.

The UK, in my experience, is the #1 war monger, gobbling up as much of Asia as it can.

In 1.1 I had a game where France conquered about 75% of Spain, parts of the southern UK, the Rhineland, and The vast majority of Northern Africa. I'd take a Screenshot but the game doesn't work anymore because of the release of 1.2.