• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you both :)

Currently i am working on the castle.

Although a number of Byzantine castles exist in Greece, one in Thessalonike too, i am looking for an iconic centerpiece.

I will probably model the Age of Empires II castle.

Also i think that i can make a tower for FTG out of it, the one that shows while there is a siege ;)

Edit: It is now finished :)

byzantinej.png

Last edited:
Thank you DrJosef :)

I completed the siege tower, but it seems that FTG transparency is different from civ3 transparency.
Anyone know how i can get the graphic to show correctly in the game?

Bryce 6.1 :)

But now you can get Bryce 7 for free. I have that too, it is pretty much the same. Bryce is a very easy program to learn, but it will take at least a year for one so as to be able to create freely detailed 3d objects i guess. (if you have no previous experience with 3d modelling that is)
I have been using the program for 3 years now.

Ok, I've been looking to get into 3D modeling as a hobby, might pick that up if it is free.

There is no download at the moment. FTG has a different transparency system than the games i know how to mod, so i made a thread to ask for help there :)

What have you tried? I've never messed around with the graphics, but it looks like transparency is handled by using a .bmp palette in Gfx\Palettes. At least, that's what it looks like the other building sets are doing.

Hello, just asking, will the Byzantine set be available somedays? because I'd really love to use it!

:bump:

I just cleaned the Nea Ecclesia model up, and used a better lighting as well. Maybe it can be used as it is as the main Byzantine cathedral?

brqjA.png

These look very nice. Are you still constructing them?