• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps there could be a way to make the game cheaper when bought earlier? I can't help but notice that it's currently much, much more reasonable to wait at least a year, when the price of the game drops and most severe bugs are fixed. Not to mention that later the buyer at least knows what to expect from the game. There is currently no incentive to buy a game just after it's release. And don't even let me start talking about preordering computer games...

1.) You get it earlier.
2.) The experience of the game changes with each patch. The game simply plays differently between 1.1 and 1.2 (and especially will after expansions).
3.) If everyone waits, there are no patches or expansions.

I had fun playing 1.1. I'm having fun playing 1.2. I can expect to have fun playing 1.3. Same experience with EU3 - there has yet to be a patch or expansion that I felt took the game backwards or made the game less fun to play (possible exception was a patch that had a busted file, but there was a hotfix the next day).

I can say that about very few other games.

Put the quote in context before you complain.

The quote was not about the product, it was about the timeline for 1.3 (that it's hopefully going to be ready around Christmas). Development takes time. Wanting a patch to come quickly is a good way to get a patch that makes things worse, not better.

In short, all the Veldmaarschalk bashing is taking things completely out of context.

No, the quote was about the lack of support after 1.3.

No, the quote was about the lack of support after 1.3.

Hrm. I must have interpreted it differently.

Instead of thinking about how many patches you get, look at the size of the changelogs for those patches.

Lets end the discussion about what I said here.

If people wish to bash me they can do so in PM, no need to spam this thread with it.

Personally I like the game, all you need to do for 1.3 is to nerf the UK(army) manpower, work on the alliances of the AI and try to minimize the late game lag. I'll be happy with that. Then I'll wait for an expansion where maybe we could have not only GPs and 2nd raters, but also 3rd and 4th rate powers with their own privileges.
Even though my personal favorite has always been EU and all its expansions, I do enjoy the Victorian Era games but find it difficult to understand all the complains about V2 when this was the same forum I use to look at once in a while while playing EUHTTT and see all the people wanting V2. Well its here and all it needs is a little tweaking and an expansion later on. Be patient there aren't that many companies that come up with nitch games like these.

Perhaps there could be a way to make the game cheaper when bought earlier? I can't help but notice that it's currently much, much more reasonable to wait at least a year, when the price of the game drops and most severe bugs are fixed. Not to mention that later the buyer at least knows what to expect from the game. There is currently no incentive to buy a game just after it's release. And don't even let me start talking about preordering computer games...
That's just the market place reality of an industry in the sphere of Moore's law, selling a product with a marginal cost of zero. I hear you can get a great deal on Age of Empires at the moment.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRmxfLuNto

No but seriously. Hoi2 and vicky 1 were extremely buggy when released. Victoria 2 is not a history simulator. It was never advertised as such. I don't know what made you think that every action in the game would be "realistic". A game like this would be boring if it was totally realistic and accurate.

HOI2 was rather buggy, but still far more playable than HOI3 at release.

his request It treats itself on the demarcation of limits in South America, specifically, border between Paraguay and Bolivia.

Xolotas's Provinces, Formosa, Fortín Falcón and Puerto Guaraní, belong already of fact and of right to the Paraguay In these years; After the war against the triple alliance (1870), According to agreements of limits between Argentina and Paraguay,
This one was yielding the territories between the rivers Bermejo and Pilcomayo (Xolotas and Formosa in the game) to the Argentina, And as Argentina was claiming the whole territory Chaqueño, one proceeded to the arbitration of the North American President Rutherford B. Hayes.

In 1878, Argentina asked Hayes to act as umpire in the definition of limits with the Paraguay.

The arbitral award of the President Hayes, issued on November 12, 1878 he was saying: " with this one, it devotes itself knowing now that I, Rutherford B. Hayes, President of the United States of America, after having taken in due consideration the above mentioned ones Exhibitions and authentic documents, I judge: that the above mentioned Republic of the Paraguay has the perfect and legal titles to Possession of the above mentioned territory discussed between the Pilcomayo and Río Verde and of Villa Occidental placed between them, and of Consequent I grant to the above mentioned Republic of the Paraguay the territory in the western shore of the river of the same name, Between the green river and the principal arm of the Pilcomayo, including Villa Occidental"

Since "La Guerra del Chaco" freed itself from 1932 until 1935 between Bolivia and Paraguay, this proves that the above mentioned provinces They belong to the Paraguay.

And on cultures, the Guarani culture must be a culture accepted, because this way it it has been in these times.

The real name of the privince of Posadas is Misiones, since Posadas I found in 1870 and is the capital of the province Of Misiones, Province claimed by Paraguay and Argentina.

I hope that this humble request is accepted, since in these times one does not see to normandía in U.K's hands., because being Certain it, the Frenchmen would feel aggrieved parties with such a mistake, and would ask for the same thing for that I am asking with this well-known joust.

P.D. Sorry for my english

his request It treats itself on the demarcation of limits in South America, specifically, border between Paraguay and Bolivia.

Xolotas's Provinces, Formosa, Fortín Falcón and Puerto Guaraní, belong already of fact and of right to the Paraguay In these years; After the war against the triple alliance (1870), According to agreements of limits between Argentina and Paraguay,
This one was yielding the territories between the rivers Bermejo and Pilcomayo (Xolotas and Formosa in the game) to the Argentina, And as Argentina was claiming the whole territory Chaqueño, one proceeded to the arbitration of the North American President Rutherford B. Hayes.

In 1878, Argentina asked Hayes to act as umpire in the definition of limits with the Paraguay.

The arbitral award of the President Hayes, issued on November 12, 1878 he was saying: " with this one, it devotes itself knowing now that I, Rutherford B. Hayes, President of the United States of America, after having taken in due consideration the above mentioned ones Exhibitions and authentic documents, I judge: that the above mentioned Republic of the Paraguay has the perfect and legal titles to Possession of the above mentioned territory discussed between the Pilcomayo and Río Verde and of Villa Occidental placed between them, and of Consequent I grant to the above mentioned Republic of the Paraguay the territory in the western shore of the river of the same name, Between the green river and the principal arm of the Pilcomayo, including Villa Occidental"

Since "La Guerra del Chaco" freed itself from 1932 until 1935 between Bolivia and Paraguay, this proves that the above mentioned provinces They belong to the Paraguay.

And on cultures, the Guarani culture must be a culture accepted, because this way it it has been in these times.

The real name of the privince of Posadas is Misiones, since Posadas I found in 1870 and is the capital of the province Of Misiones, Province claimed by Paraguay and Argentina.

I hope that this humble request is accepted, since in these times one does not see to normandía in U.K's hands., because being Certain it, the Frenchmen would feel aggrieved parties with such a mistake, and would ask for the same thing for that I am asking with this well-known joust.

P.D. Sorry for my english

I have the strong feeling, i have read this before. Now, before you copy and paste it again, here is some proper wording for it (along with some commentary in []):
"
This is a request regarding the borders in south america, specifically between paraguay and bolivia.

Xolotas´s provinces - formosa, fortín flacón and puerto guaraní, already belonged to paraguay in 1836 [? i dont know, and frankly, i dont give a damn]. After the war against the triple alliance (1870) [! != 1836!], according to border-agreements between argentina and paraguay, the former was ceding the territories between the rivers Bermejo and Pilcomayo (Xolotas and Formosa in the game) to argentina. As argentina was [still?] claiming the whole territory of chaqueno [containing all or parts of the aforementioned, ceded, territories?] it was agreed to let the president of the united states of america, Rutherford B. Hayes, decide.

In 1878 [! again, this isnt prior to 1836!] argentina asked Hayes to settle to border-dispute with paraguay as mediator.
"

I´ll stop here, since i just realized that this request is probably bullocks, taking borders arrived at 40 years later to request corrections of the border set-up of the grand campaign, which starts in 1836. Also it starts with paraguay and bolivia and then switches the later for argentina. Plus the whole thing seems to be pretty insignificant, even if it has something to it.

If you dont know anything of American history, it would be better that you were not commenting anything, and for especially, Victory, it is a Historical game, already be insignificant or not for what I ask

I´ll stop here, since i just realized that this request is probably bullocks, taking borders arrived at 40 years later to request corrections of the border set-up of the grand campaign, which starts in 1836. Also it starts with paraguay and bolivia and then switches the later for argentina. Plus the whole thing seems to be pretty insignificant, even if it has something to it.
It's also a terrible bump.
Any why all the foreignness all of a sudden? Good lord it's like being abroad...

Closing for everyone's protection, necroposting, pointless rambling and off-topic posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.