+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bakumatsu Mod

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Bakumatsu Mod

OVERVIEW

I made the Bakumatsu(meaning of the latest shogunate period) mod in Vicky2.The mod aimed at improve Japan to more historical atmosphere.
    I added Tokugawa Bakufu(Shogunate) and 30 Daimyo(Feudal lord)s.Now Japan is divided into The Bakufu and many Han(domain) of Daimyos.

I will add more historical events of this period.
    This is my first mod.
    Let me know any bug reports,suggests or comments.Thanks.

DOWNLOAD
    Latest version 1.21
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zjny3ao0dx7wvju

INSTALL PROCEDURE

Recommended : Use JSGME application(http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/sof...cts-jsgme.html).
    Run application in Vicky2 folder,and then bring the mod files into the new created folder(default is MODS).
    Run Application again.select Bakumatsu mod.then run Vicky2 as always.
    Enjoy!

Alternative : Copy entire Vicky2 folder,and then,overwrite the mod files on it.
    Last edited by Yoshino; 16-01-2011 at 16:00.

Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisPride of Nations

DISCLAIMER

You are free to use any files from this mod, either unchanged or modified to suit your needs.
    You do not have to ask me for explicit permission.

ACKNOWLEDGMENT

I learned a lot with following thread.If I didn't look at the thread this mod would not existed.
    Many thanks!

Mod guide: How to create a new country
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ead.php?491797

VERSION CHANGE LOG
    v1.21
    - Fixed a bug on the decision 'Send the Perry squadron to Japan' which caused endless executed.

v1.2
    - Added a event 'The War of Satsuma Rebellion' to Japan after Unification.
    - Added a event 'The cultural assimilation' to Japan and the Bakufu,which remove all past Daimyo's core provinces from united Japan(or the Bakufu) after 1880.
    - Fixed a bug of decisions 'Establish Shinsengumi' and 'Marriage Kazunomiya'.
    - Fixed a bug of events chain 'Boshin War'.
    - Tweaked a decision 'Assassinate Ii Naosuke'.

v1.1
    - Added a event 'Iwakura mission' to Japan.
    - Added a event 'Shogun visits the USA and Europe' to the Bakufu(What If.The Bakufu version of Iwakura mission).
    - Added decisions 'Establish Shinsengumi' and 'Marriage Kazunomiya' to the Bakufu.
    - Corrected a color bug of Japanese Army.

v1.0
    - Added events 'Ansei Purge' and 'Sakuradamon Incident' to the Bakufu and all Daimyos.
    - Added a decision 'Appoint Ii Naosuke' to the Bakufu.
    - Added a decision 'Assassinate Ii Naosuke' to Mito,Satsuma,Choshu and Tosa.
    - Rewrited description of many events and decisions (by Woody Man.Thanks!).
    - Improved script of the Boshin war events.
    - Took Ainu Mosir provinces of Shumushu and Etorofu(to uncolonized status).(AI-Russia sometimes invades Ezo which contain both core-provinces of them.This prevents it).

v0.3
    - Added decisions 'Bunmei Kaika(the civilization and enlightement)', 'Move capital to Tokyo', 'Colonize Ezo'(and rename 'Hokkaido') and 'Annexation of Ryukyu' to Japan.
    - Added an event 'Put down Satsuma and Choshu rebellions' to the Bakufu(The Bakufu wins the Japan civil war).
    - Added decisions 'The Bakufu Reform' (civilize decision) , 'Colonize Ezo' and 'Annextion of Ryukyu' to the Bakufu(unlike Japan version,both required in SOI).

v0.2
    - Added events 'The Bakufu Surrender!', 'The OuuEtsu Doumei Surrender!', 'Independence of the Republic of Ezo' and 'The Meiji Restoration'(the Pro-court faction achieves unification of Japan).
    - Added an AI only event 'Continuous War"(In patch1.2,often AI-Bakufu and AI-Japan cease-fired,this event prevents it).
    - Added new countries 'Ouu Etsu Doumei' and 'The Republic of Ezo'.
    - Changed unit color of new Japanese army to more historical accurate.
    - Separated localisation files from text.csv(In localisation folder).
    - Changed Japan's name to Japan.
    - Changed Fukuoka's nation color.

v0.13
    - Added a decision 'Overthrow of the Bakufu' and a event 'The Boshin War'.
    - Tweaked many provinces.

v0.12
    - Added new goverment type 'Shogun' and 'Daimyo'(effects are same as absolute monarchy.just a historical flavor).
    - Added a dicision 'Send the Perry squadron to Japan' to the USA and the receive event of the Bakufu and all Daimyos to 'Kurobune appear'.
    - Removed Japan and Ezo core from all provinces(prevent allowing independence by player).
    - Strengthened Choshu.
    - Corrected reactionary faction's name.
    - Changed Nagano's RGO from fish to coal.

v0.11
    - Added provinces for Ainu mosir to Ootomari,Shumshu and Etorofu.
    - Adjusted population of Choshu,Tosa,Aizu,Hikone and Utunomiya.
    - Changed faction's names to more suitable.

v0.1 go out!
    Last edited by Yoshino; 16-01-2011 at 16:02.

A few screenshot.

East of Japan.

West of Japan.

The Boshin War break out! choice which faction you participate(or declare independence!).

After the Bakufu surrendered,Ouu Etsu Doumei (The northern alliance) has still fought.

The republic of Ezo.the first republic of Japanese history,and the Last enemy of the campaign of unification Japan.
    Last edited by Yoshino; 18-01-2011 at 00:46.

Looks like some good work dude, just a small question, how is Westernisation handled?

Hi Elifrim,Westernization would be handled as result of event chains.
    After Japan unification event(maybe it's similar of the American civil war event.The pro-court army vs the Bakufu army) fired,new Japan will be civilized(westernized).
    But if playing as the Bakufu,alternative way would be added.

v0.11 is out!

- added provinces for Ainu mosir to Ootomari,Shumshu and Etorofu.
    - adjusted population of Choshu,Tosa,Aizu,Hikone and Utonomiya.
    - changed faction's names to more suitable.

Argentina Delenda Est Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Question: could you create a "lite" version with just the Tokugawa Shogunate and a SatCho "CSA" faction? also, could you also create a westernisation decision for the Tokugawa? (Japan westernising just because they defeated the SatCho factions is unrealistic)
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

Ver0.12 is now out!

- added new goverment type 'Shogun' and 'Daimyo'(effect are same as absolute monarchy.just a historical flavor).
    - added the dicision for the USA to "Send the Perry squadron to Japan' and the receive event of the Bakufu and all Daimyos to "Kurobune appear'.
    - removed Japan and Ezo core from all provinces(prevent allowing independence by player).
    - Strengthened Choshu.
    - corrected reactionary faction's name.
    - changed Nagano's RGO from fish to coal.

At Tanzhang
    I think before the Boshin war event fired,all Daimyos should decide which faction(Pro-Court or Pro-Bakufu) they participate(annexed).
    Afterthat,two factions begin to the war.
    Maybe when Edo was occupied,the Bakufu surrender event would be happen.
    So,you are right.The Boshin war event would be rather a 'lite' event.
    (I don't have any expelience with Vicky2 event scripting,so a difficult event could't be made by me).
    As for the Bakufu westernization event,yes.I think it would be a bit longer way than the Meiji restolation event.

EDIT: Only the player Daimyo could declare a neutral.Because some player might be prefer to still playing as a Daimyo than become a part of Japan.
    Last edited by Yoshino; 21-10-2010 at 22:18.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Pride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Hi Yoshino, great Mod! Have you got a map where I can see the division of Japan (Tokugawa period). I need this for my own ambitions as modder. It would help me a lot. Thx.

Edit: Could I make use of your flags? (It is all for a HoI2-Mod)
    New WW1 modification for DH in development: To End All Wars (on hold)
    Mod1914 - The Great War mod for Darkest Hour: Get it here (not in development anymore)

History is the lie commonly agreed upon. - Voltaire

Sorry, Articles.I don't know any site which contain Tokugawa-period map for English.
    Although,I find a good site for it.

http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Old_provinces_of_Japan

If you have a hard time with old-Japanese map,feel free to ask me via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arturius View Post
    Edit: Could I make use of your flags? (It is all for a HoI2-Mod)
    Of course.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Pride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Yoshino. So first I will take your Vic2-map as reference.
    New WW1 modification for DH in development: To End All Wars (on hold)
    Mod1914 - The Great War mod for Darkest Hour: Get it here (not in development anymore)

History is the lie commonly agreed upon. - Voltaire

v0.13 is now out!
    - added the decision "Overthrow of the Bakufu" and the event "The Boshin War".
    - tweaked many provinces.

I added the Boshin war events(a test version).
    After 1850 year(The Perry fleet arrived),The decision "Overthrow of the Bakufu" is available.it's requires prestige is above 20.After that,the Boshin War event fired(also,after 1867 year,automatically fired) and all Daimyos choice a participating side.
    (If decision was fired by an AI Daimyo,Player Daimyo also choices,but additionally can choice a neutral).

By the way,Does anyone who know how to an event command that make a military unit(such as make a Infantry at Edo)?
    After inherit all Daimyos,their army disappear.It's annoyed.
    Last edited by Yoshino; 19-10-2010 at 08:33.

ver 0.2 is out now!

- added events 'The Bakufu Surrender!','The OuuEtsu Doumei Surrender!','Independence of the Republic of Ezo' and 'The Meiji Restoration'(the Pro-court faction achieves unification of Japan).
    - added an AI only event 'Continuous War"(In patch1.2,often AI-Bakufu and AI-Japan cease-fired,this event prevents it).
    - added new countries 'Ouu Etsu Doumei' and 'The Republic of Ezo'.
    - changed unit color of new Japanese army to more historical accurate.
    - separated localisation files from text.csv(In localisation folder).
    - changed Japan's name to Japan.
    - changed Fukuoka's nation color.

v0.3 is out!

- Added decisions for Japan to 'Bunmei Kaika(the civilization and enlightement)','Move capital to Tokyo','Colonize Ezo' and 'Annexation of Ryukyu'.
    - Added an event for the Bakufu to 'Put down Satsuma and Choshu rebellions'(The Bakufu wins the Japan civil war).
    - Added decisions for the Bakufu to 'The Bakufu Reform' (civilize decision) , 'Colonize Ezo' and 'Annextion of Ryukyu'(unlike Japan version,both required in SOI).

This mod is now almost playable.Later I will make detail events and decisions of the period(mainly for historical flavor).

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Looks very promising!

Are you going to import the symbols of the prefectures as flags? Wikipedia

Thanks you.
    I think these symbols of the prefectures are not suitable for Vicky2 period because of most of these are made after WW2.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    Thanks you.
    I think these symbols of the prefectures are not suitable for Vicky2 period because of most of these are made after WW2.
    Did americans influence the choice of the symbols? I thought about using them for democracy or republic...

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    This looks great! Japan is often overlooked in it's complexity in EU games.

If you'd like, and I have some spare time, I can help clean up the English for you
    Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

Let's Play M&B Warband 1257AD!

@minefield
    That's good idea.I'll add these flags as a republic(a bit modify).but sadly,right now I don't have enough spare time for make flags of republican daimyos.Maybe in further update.

@Woody Man
    Thanks a lot! I've always struggled for translate into English.
    If you make clean up the description of decisions and/or events(both in localisation folder),send me via PM or this thread.Those'll be includeded on next update.

Oberkommando HOI4 Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

this is really cool. do you have any problems with external countries trying to take advantage and grab parts of japan now that its split up?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast