• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I might add another idea of mine to this thread: I would love to see "travelling bishops/missionaries" . This coudl simply be done by an event chain, that makes them moce from one province to another and act differently like "try to mission the pagans with force/peace" and following events. The ruler would then get an event chain that would let him decide if he wants to welcome the traveller or expel him. This might lead to faster/slower conversion, death of missionary and perhaps a following chance of him becoming a saints with all efects described in other threads. Also a permanent bishop seat might result of this, if he settles with this one demanding more and more power perhaps.
Also the founding of moansteries would be a nice interesting similar game emchanic that would be fun. With Mother moansteries spreading across the map, with only indirect influence by the ruler. This might also fire reformation events in the curch (within not protestant reformation).
I think religion, missionary work and religious orders (civil ones) played a major part in that timeframe and it would be nice to have something like this in. I think it gladly could be done via modding, but it wouldnt hurt to have some basics to build upon.
Travelling bishops would be especially interesting with the different origins like Irish/gaelic mission, roman mission, Byzantine/Arian mission....

Ooooh yes this is such a great idea!!

Characters who travel and who have "missions" of their own would be a great addition to the game.

You could also introduce crusaders who left their homelands for good, or mercenary captains, or pirates who roam the coasts... all of them modeled the same way as the travelling bishop.

Hussites are after the time and lollards arent really that important.

That depends whether the game ends in 1453, like CKI, or earlier. If it covers any period after 1400 Hussitism can be included (Jan Hus preached in Prague in the 1400s, and was burned at the stake at the Council of Constance in 1415). Because of the Schism and the Conciliarist challenge to the Papacy at the councils of Constance and Basel, in which the Hussites were central points of dicussion (they even had a delegation at the latter), Hussitism is even more important than Albigensianism/Catharism, which only really mattered in the first half of the thirteenth century, and had a strictly confined political impact.

It would be nice if, instead of simply having a "Heretic" trait, there was a larger number of religions:
Christian
-Catholic
-Orthodox
-Monophysite (Oriental Orthodox)
-Gnostic (Cathars, Bogumils)
-Lollard/Hussite
Muslim
-Sunni
-Shiite
-Ibadi
Polytheist
-Asatru (Nordic)
-Tengriist
-Romuva (Baltic)
Miscellaneous
-Mahayana Buddhist
-Jewish
-Zorastrian
This would make heresies more realistic, as you'd have a larger number of potential conversions.
I agree. The more detail the better methinks. Also the same line of thinking applies to the overall questions posed. I think the more options we have in game/simulation the better the player experience in totality.