• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you, but what should I use for Italy's CoA then?

If it was me I'd use the Italian republic flag with Florence's fleur-de-lis in the middle... Maybe a crown too on top!

Glad to see this is back! Smashing update.

Great to have you back! And Italy is - almost (you take the hint? ;)) - unified!
If it was me I'd use the Italian republic flag with Florence's fleur-de-lis in the middle... Maybe a crown too on top!
I'm not very familiar with Italian history, but wasn't Florence for a short time the capital of Italy? What was the flag of the country then? You might want to use or modify this.

I like mayorqw's idea. If it were up to me, I'd pick the Italian tricolour defaced with either the crown and arms of Florence, or the ducal chain and arms from the Medici flag.

The default flag might be more historically appropriate for the Napoleonic era, but it's got a bad case of the fuglies.

That's a good suggestion indeed. Also - completely unrelated - major props on the Bloom quotes.

What about this (from the link Chris Taylor gave):

it_tosc2.gif

This is apparently the flag of Tuscany from 1848-49. It combines the Habsburg-Lorraine and Medici CoAs on a tricolor.

Granted, no matter what flag I pick it won't appear in the AAR until 1706 (that being where I've played to so far)

I'm not very familiar with Italian history, but wasn't Florence for a short time the capital of Italy? What was the flag of the country then? You might want to use or modify this.

Florence was the capital during the unification process when Italy was united but had not taken Rome or Venice yet. However, they simply moved the capital from Turin (Sardinia-Piedmont) but it was the same king and dynasty so afaik they didn't change the flag to include anything about Florence.

Last edited:
Here's a few I cranked out, feel free to either test them or ignore them as you see fit. :)

italyflags2.jpg

Here's the download link. They're in 32bit Targa (.tga) format already.

EDIT: Added two new flags with horizontal stripes, based on the Cispadane Republic flag CJL78's posted above.

Last edited:
ITA_OLD_CR would be my kind of choice. Nicely done Chris (like all other graphics ;)).