+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aegean Crusade

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Aegean Crusade

I started this mod for a friend who asked me very nicely to use my experience to add the countries set up after the Fourth Crusade as potential releasable countries. As I went on I kept adding things and getting deeper into the code than I ever have before. This mod is the results of my efforts. I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I have when testing it.

The year is 1399 and the Crusader states freed from heretical rule after the Fourth Crusade are being attacked and occupied by the infidel Turks, who are a danger not only to them but to Christendom in general. The Byzantine Empire still clings on to a few enclaves and while not as powerful as they once were, still remain a danger. Glory is there for those who can secure these lands, return them to the Catholic faith and conquer Constantinople once more.

I have added nine new provinces:

Euboea (Owned by Venice, core to Negroponte)
    Lesbos (Owned by Genoa, cores to Latin Empire and Byzantine Empire)
    Kefalonia (Owned by Epirus, cores to Leucadia, Achea and Naples)
    Argolis (Owned by Venice, cores to Argos and Nauplia, Achea, Morea and Byzantine Empire)
    Bodonitsa (Owned by Bodonitsa, cores to Athens and Byzantine Empire)
    Chios (Owned by Genoa, cores to Latin Empire and Byzantine Empire)
    Doros (Owned by Theodoro, core to Golden Horde)
    Kerch (Owned by Genoa, core to Golden Horde)
    Lemnos (Owned by Venice, cores to Latin Empire and Byzantine Empire)

I have also redrawn some coasts and province boundaries.

An updated New Provinces screenshot will be posted shortly.

I have added eight new countries:

Latin Empire
    -Cores on Edirne, Thrace, Bithynia and Bursa

Thessalonica
    -Cores on Thessaly, Salonica and Macedonia

Neopatria
    -Core on Thessaly

Leucadia
    -Core on Kefalonia

Negroponte
    -Core on Euboea

Argos and Nauplia
    -Core on Argolis

Bodonitsa
    -Core on Bodonitsa

Theodoros
    -Core on Doros

Rhodes
    -The Knights can convert to it

An updated New Countries screenshot will be posted shortly.

I have added a new Crusader culture for:

The Knights
    Corfu
    Athens
    Achaea
    Cyprus
    Naxos
    Crete
    Latin Empire
    Thessalonica
    Neopatria
    Leucadia
    Negroponte
    Argos and Nauplia
    Bodonitsa

I have also added Pontic culture for:
    Theodoro
    Trebizond

I have created the following Missions:

Convert people to the Catholic faith (Crusader State)
    Release Crusader state under Muslim or Orthodox rule
    Crusader specific diplomatic missions
    Crusader specific Reclaim Jerusalem mission

I have added a new Cassus Belli:

Aegean Crusade CB

I have added new alliances between Crusaders and ai_strategies to keep relations between them.

I have changed the Cultural Shift decision so that Crusader states can't shift and added a Crusader specific decision so that Crusader states can shift only when their capital province is Catholic. I have also added a Latin Empire decision giving cores on all Greek culture provinces should a Crusader culture country own Thrace.

New Greece formation decision and Abandon the Crusade decision for The Knights.

I have changed all Crusader states to Western technology group and military units.

For DW 5.1 http://www.gamefront.com/files/20936...ade+DW+1.0.rar

Thanks to...
    Krapotkin
    Rosencrantz
    17blue17
    Chamboozer
    Helius
    Darken
    gigau
    ubik
    Brent15
    Haftetavenscrap
    Scocou
    Others to be added...
    Last edited by SapientHomo; 28-10-2011 at 22:44.
    Current game:

ATAGE for Divine Wind -A standalone version of Magna Mundi's Government Ranks system.

Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis -A collection starring SRI, Dei Gratia, ATAGE and much more.

Aegean Crusade -Finish what the Fourth Crusade started.

So nice of you to make note of my meager assistance. Congratulations on the completion of your mod!
    Europa Universalis 3 Player
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEU3 Collectors Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Brent15 View Post
    So nice of you to make note of my meager assistance. Congratulations on the completion of your mod!
    Every little helps. Thanks. I hope you enjoy it.
    Current game:

ATAGE for Divine Wind -A standalone version of Magna Mundi's Government Ranks system.

Optimum Scholarum Cogitationis -A collection starring SRI, Dei Gratia, ATAGE and much more.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Nice, i'll give it a try

(added to the Master Mod List, obviously )
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Enjoy it and please let me know the results. I'd be interested to see if you too can turn Greece Catholic and drive out out the Turks.
    Current game:

Please does anybody who downloaded this have any feedback or suggestions? Thanks.
    Current game:

Doesn't seem to load for HTTT? Stuck on loading map logic?
    Rebirth of Laskarid or one more ByzAARntium Tale
    "I am king of the Romans and above grammar." Sigismund I
    "Should I dare to claim that I was God's instrument to bring freedom to the Sicilians, then I should only be stating the truth." Michael VIII Palaiologos

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhashat View Post
    Doesn't seem to load for HTTT? Stuck on loading map logic?
    4.0 or 4.1b?
    Current game:

Ah, my apologises. 4.1b.
    Rebirth of Laskarid or one more ByzAARntium Tale
    "I am king of the Romans and above grammar." Sigismund I
    "Should I dare to claim that I was God's instrument to bring freedom to the Sicilians, then I should only be stating the truth." Michael VIII Palaiologos

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhashat View Post
    Ah, my apologises. 4.1b.
    It works for me. I'll have a look at what might be the problem.
    Current game:

Samnite-obsessed Italian Nomad93's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3

Seems cool.To when an extension to the Holy Land too,with new countries and provinces in the Holy Land such as the Principality of Antioch and that country in Tripoli,Lebanon?

The mod was originally written in response to a specific request for the Fourth Crusade Greek Crusader states but I suppose the mod should have the Holy Land Crusader States as well to make it complete. I'm currently working on an entry to gigau's Blue Coins contest but when I am finished with that I will see what I can do.
    Current game:

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

It says there is a problem with defeault.map

I don't know what was wrong with the uploaded files. I deleted the copy on my computer and downloaded the files again and got the crash. I've redone the 4.1b version from scratch, file by file and it works for me again so fingers crossed...

The new 4.1b is here.
    http://www.filefront.com/17477128/Ae...usade 4.1b.rar
    Last edited by SapientHomo; 05-11-2010 at 15:54.
    Current game:

EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria 2

Nice reworking of the Balkan provinces, stealing it to my personal modmod!

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Tried the mod the other day because anything that potentially makes Byzantium more powerful is cool but I had some issues so I thought I'd leave you some feedback:

1.) The province names for Kefalonia, Argolis and Bodonitsa were not centered within their province boundaries on the map... Argolis in fact was half within the borders of Argolis province and half within the borders of Athens province.

2.) I had armies insta-travel to Edirne province from both Nis and Bulgaria provinces, when I ordered the armies to move they were in Edirne at the start of the following day. This only happened traveling to Edirne and only from those two provinces as far as I could tell.

3.) A number of provinces (Bursa, and atleast my game Thessaly) don't appear to have ports even though they are coastal provinces and you can dock ships there. Additonally the port for Janina is confusing placed with the addition of Kefalonia province as the port overlaps the northmost island.

4.) I had a CTD when I ordered an army from Anatolia to Smyrna... not sure why this happened.

Note that I'm assuming that I'm running an unalterted core install (HTTT 4.1b April with hotfix), or atleast I believe I am as its been a while since I installed...

Hopefully all that was helpful, I'm certainly looking forward to the potential Holy Land rework/addition to the mod too

The positions issues are due to the fact that I apparently forgot to re-edit that file when re-doing the files after my first uploaded version had issues. I will make sure I sort those out as soon as I can. I can't explain the CTD however, I shall see if I get anything similar. Thanks for the input.
    Current game:

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

<bump>

I have thoroughly enjoyed incorporating the Aegean Crusade into my own HTTT mod. With regards to the last few posts, I have updated the positions.txt file for better performance. It probably be tweaked further, but all the ports are functional and all the units are within their respective provinces.

Also worth noting if you plan on using this mode, make sure that you remove the space character at the end of the line in several of province history files. These spaces make the land terra incognita.

Happy gaming.

Thanks for your update. Real Life has prevented me from modding as much as I would like. There will eventually be a DW version of the mod as I plan on incorporating it into my main mod and it will be easier to combine if I do the work on this seperately.
    Current game:

I have almost finished the DW version of this mod but if anybody has any suggestions before I release I would love to hear them.

If there is enough people wanting it I will do a mod based around the Crusader States from the First Crusade but they don't really fit into this one.
    Current game:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast