• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mod?

So, it's my understanding you can't de-sphere yourself or attack a country in your sphere in the regular game, but is there a mod that allows this?

Frankly, I think it's silly that you can't attack a country in your sphere. Maybe change in the next patch? Thanks.

Don't add countires you want to attack into your sphere.

But then again if you wont add Mexico (Or any other country for that matter) the UK will grab them, and with it's superduper ridiculous amount of 2.5k brigades you wont stand a chance taking your cores from mexico. You guys really should add an option to remove a country from SOI it's really both logic and historical thing to do.

Last edited:
But then again if you wont add Mexico (Or any other country for that matter) the UK will grab them, and with it's superduper ridicules amount of 2.5k brigades you wont stand a chance taking your cores from mexico. You guys really should add an option to remove a country from SOI it's really both logic and historical thing to do.

What you should do is become friendly with a country and just ban other counties who try and put it into their SoI.

What you should do is become friendly with a country and just ban other counties who try and put it into their SoI.

You can do that but it's not as easy to do as if you just sphered them. What I mean is if you stopped at friendly then England or whoever else could use their influence against you if they manage to get to friendly also, whereas if you simply bring them into your sphere then they can't really hurt you until they manage to remove the nation from your sphere entirely. It simply makes the diplomatic battle easier if you sphere them, but as has been mentioned you end up tyeing your own hands if you do so which I personally dislike.

So you ask me (the player) to microhell because PI can't add the reasonble option to remove a country from a SOI?

It's not exactly micto hell before, but it's a lot less tedious now with the new ledger. Paradox is not going to add things into the game because a random forum user says its reasonable; luckily, it's what mods are for. IIRC there was an event that breaks a sphere off when relations are negative.

In a historical way, I don't recall many countries which were super friends with others and declared them war just days after. What we could do is add an option to ask to an influenced country for one concession (States). That would be an ultimatum, thought, and if the country refuse, there could be a war against him, a major drop in relation, maybe a drop in prestige, but less infamy than a declaration of war without anything, since this country was in your obedience before the war.

But then again if you wont add Mexico (Or any other country for that matter) the UK will grab them, and with it's superduper ridiculous amount of 2.5k brigades you wont stand a chance taking your cores from mexico. You guys really should add an option to remove a country from SOI it's really both logic and historical thing to do.

If the issue is just MEX you can always SoI them anyway and only enact Manifest destiny when you're ready to attack as this will kick them out of your Sphere.

It's perfectly logical to me. If anything adding Mexico to your SOI just so you can attack them when you feel ready is very much an exploit. As other have posted invest and keep other GPs out of Mexico until you feel you can attack, it's also more realistic and you will get more satisfaction when you succeed. And yes circumstances change, get used to it. Up until the end of the 19th century, for example, Britain and France were constant bitter enemies. Only after big boy Germany showed up (new circumstances) did they begin a rapprochement which led to them settling their differences and becoming allies just in time for WW1.

Also the relationship level is pretty much an abstract concept, after all it's not like Mexico gets any choice on whether you're Neutral, Cordial or Friendly with them. You pretty much impose this status on them, just like you impose your SoI. It's really the -200/+200 spectrum that defines whether you're friends or not.

Last edited:
The really logical thing for the Mexico/USA/SoI issue would be to add events for USA pressuring Mexico into selling them the land north of the Rio Grande. That's what Polk wanted to do with Mexico in any case. It's what I would want when I play Mexico. I want to buy my cores from them.

I don't think it's logical to have a remove SoI possibility... being able to declare war on SoIed countries, though, would be great.

The really logical thing for the Mexico/USA/SoI issue would be to add events for USA pressuring Mexico into selling them the land north of the Rio Grande. That's what Polk wanted to do with Mexico in any case. It's what I would want when I play Mexico. I want to buy my cores from them.

I cannot see Mexico giving up 2/3 of it's territory for money.