+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial fix pack for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Edorf74 View Post
    So Paradox Interactive gets the credit for the community fixes?
    I think he loves that paradox makes their games so moddable, which I do too.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Version 10 released just in time for the end of year festivities...

Fixes:
    • Precious Metal mine incorrectly counted as a farm - flow on effects?
    • http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...modifier-error
    • Scripting anomaly where "badboy = X" should be used as a percentage of the reputation limit in triggers or MTTH modifiers
    • EGY barred from the "international pressure" version of Valley of the Kings decision
    • Nobel Prize events in the final year of the game fixed

A lot of credit must go to Risa for hunting bugs in the last two updates. See OP for download links!
    Victoria II unofficial fix pack for 1.2 (last update 2010-12-23)
    Dominion: British Imperial Relations v 1.3 (2010-11-01)
    Australia/New Zealand Improvement Mod (WIP, mate)

1 Labourer has been promoted to Bureaucrat this month

great work thus far chann. Could you give me a list of the files which are changed from version 9 to version 10? It would speed up the integration process into the next Age of Colonialism patch greatly.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzmond View Post
    great work thus far chann. Could you give me a list of the files which are changed from version 9 to version 10? It would speed up the integration process into the next Age of Colonialism patch greatly.
    Great news! In fact, these two mods (Age of Colonialism and fixpack) are the ones I'm using and enjoying.
    Why do you sound surprised? I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America - Liz Lemon

Code:
    common/event_modifiers.txt
    common/production_types.txt
    decisions/ACW.txt
    decisions/GreatPowers.txt
    decisions/SWI.txt
    events/GreatPowers.txt
    events/NationalistMovements.txt
    events/NobelPrize.txt
    inventions/culture_inventions.txt

Quote Originally Posted by chann View Post
    Code:
    common/event_modifiers.txt
    common/production_types.txt
    decisions/ACW.txt
    decisions/GreatPowers.txt
    decisions/SWI.txt
    events/GreatPowers.txt
    events/NationalistMovements.txt
    events/NobelPrize.txt
    inventions/culture_inventions.txt
    much appreciated

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

Does the latest version include all of the previous versions?

much appreciated
    No problem, I'll remember to add a list to each update post from now on
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Smith View Post
    Does the latest version include all of the previous versions?
    Yes. I re-uploaded the first version of the pack in case anybody wants a version with validated files only (and no additional fixes), but it's best to always get the latest one.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Sounds like a good mod, definitely will be playing with this for a while.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Valley of lurkers, somewhere in western Norway

Question Sticky, please?

Would it perhaps be a good idea to sticky this thread?

I hade to search for it, as I had to reinstall V2 last night.

Luckily I have used Chann's excellent work so I knew what to look for. Others might not...
    In our darkest hours all the shades are gray

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The potential field for the "concede_finland" decision in decisions/NationalUnifications.txt should be changed from:

Code:
    		potential = {
    			tag = SWE
    			NOT = {
    				has_country_flag = Conceded_Finland
    			}
    		}
    to

Code:
    		potential = {
    			tag = SWE
    			NOT = {
    				has_country_flag = Conceded_Finland
                                    owns = 343
                                    owns = 340
                                    owns = 344
                                    owns = 345
                                    owns = 346
                                    owns = 347
                                    owns = 348
                                    owns = 336
                                    owns = 337
                                    owns = 338
                                    owns = 341
                                    owns = 342
                                    owns = 982
    			}
    		}
    Game Developer East vs West - Event&Decision Team Leader
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Order Of Battle Maker Utility:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV

Here, there... Mostly Texas, Florida for now
    Hey,

I just wanted to say thanks for this non-mod. People who want to play an polished, professional, and unbroken version of the vanilla 1.2 game really owe you a debt of gratitude.
    1 Officer
    Nationality: Texan
    Religion: Protestant
    Ideology: Liberal
    Issues: Interventionism/Secularized
    Current Work: ---------------- (Just like in V1!)
    Cash Reserves: (Dunno the conversion rate)
    Revolt risk: 0.00%
    Militancy: 2.00
    Consciousness: 9.00

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

Agreed. This is what my friends and I play with the most. Thank you for the time and effort put into this!

Chann, have you looked into the backwards issue-table thing? Having reversed them in PDM, I'm not fairly sure this is a bug, and so eligible for you to fix :P

Check 'labourers.txt - tho you'll find similar stuff in most of the POPtypes tables - and go to pretty much any social reform you like; let's use 'trinket wage' for the example here.

find the following:

Code:
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 4
    			life_needs = 0.25
    		}	
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 4
    			life_needs = 0.50
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 4
    			life_needs = 0.75
    		}
    There should all be NOT = { life needs = ... }. Otherwise desire for Social Reform appears to INCREASE when POPs are better off.

It is, incidentally, common as muck - roughly half the social issue tables in all the different POP files have this. However, fixing it should fix the rebels once and for all, and make them operate properly.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Quote Originally Posted by Dagfinn View Post
    Would it perhaps be a good idea to sticky this thread?

I hade to search for it, as I had to reinstall V2 last night.

Luckily I have used Chann's excellent work so I knew what to look for. Others might not...
    It would be nice, but 1.3 could well be just around the corner. Seeing fixes for that version stickied would be cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalelovil View Post
    The potential field for the "concede_finland" decision in decisions/NationalUnifications.txt should be changed
    Thanks, I have added the fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    Chann, have you looked into the backwards issue-table thing? Having reversed them in PDM, I'm not fairly sure this is a bug, and so eligible for you to fix :P
    I haven't looked into the issue modifiers yet. To better understand, is the problem limited only to social reforms and life_needs? I don't want to miss anything in an attempt to fix them.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

Do I have to start a new game for this? When 1.3 comes out, will I have to do a complete reinstall, or can I patch it with the fixpack? I assume this changes the checksum, right?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigj_a View Post
    Do I have to start a new game for this?
    No (in my experience, correct me please if anyone's is different), but some changes will only have effect in new games, such as changes to the history files.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigj_a View Post
    When 1.3 comes out, will I have to do a complete reinstall, or can I patch it with the fixpack? I assume this changes the checksum, right?
    If you overwrote the vanilla files when installing it (i.e. you extracted it straight into the Vic2 directory) you will definitely have to reinstall. Hopefully you kept or used a copy of your unaltered folder. If you used JGSME it shouldn't be necessary, just deactivate the mod in that folder. It does change the checksum. And I wouldn't recommend using it with the 1.3 patch when it's out, that would certainly cause screwiness depending on what PI have updated.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

I guess I'll just wait till 1.3 then. Ideally, they've seen this and taken the time to fix these things themselves. Otherwise you'll have to do it all over again!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacy
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Merge Pak for V1.2 Unofficial Fixes (v10) not included in Beta

This package contains the fixes from Chann's 1.2 fix pack (version 10) which were not included or superseded by changes in the official 1.3 Beta (Feb 23). I have done my best to merge Chann's changes with the Beta changes when they made different changes to the same file.

Where the Beta and the unofficial pack has a different change for the same individual 'item', I have gone with the change from the Beta. But where the Beta did not make a valid change from the unofficial pack, I have kept that change.

To use this pack, simply install the Beta patch as instructed, and then install the changes in this pack on top of the Beta.

Chann, thanks so much for putting together your great fix packs. I hope that my posting this is OK with you - please let me know if not. I simply don't want to lose the fixes that you made which didn't make it into the Beta.

Note: I didn't cover the localization folder. I couldn't figure out an efficient way to analyze/merge that one.
    Last edited by chandlerw1; 18-05-2011 at 01:15.

Quote Originally Posted by chandlerw1 View Post
    I hope that my posting this is OK with you - please let me know if not. I simply don't want to lose the fixes that you made which didn't make it into the Beta.
    Not a problem! People can do whatever they like with this mod, I'm not going to stop them.

I've been meaning to get around to playing with the new patch and seeing what the changes are, but because I go back to university this week updating will be low on my priority list for a while. I hope that's OK for most people, especially since now there is a public beta and official fixes won't be few and far between.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast