Check out the new Bitbucket repository for download links and source!
This is an unofficial compilation of bug and typo fixes for 1.2. The pack contains no substantive feature changes - i.e. no changes to promotion, needs, rebels or the like - but may resolve small issues such as missing ship and leader names, missing political parties, or certain events never firing.
Install by extracting over the base game files or use JSGME (recommended). If mod folders are working yet, you can probably make a mod file for them but I haven't tried this. If you want to use this with "rebalancing mods", overwrite these files with the other mod's, as these are essentially fixed vanilla - but be wary of unintended side effects.
Use at your own risk. Some, possibly most, of the changes may have absolutely no effect on gameplay. Report back if you find any issues.
Here's a general summary of the changes - a full list is in the zip's readme:
Version 10 details (mirror)
Version 9 details (mirror)
Version 8 details (mirror)
Version 7 details (mirror)
Version 6 details (mirror)
Version 5 (mirror)
- broken bureaucrat promotion fixed, removed the blatantly wrong mistake I made, for REAL this time (sorry)
- Swapped some event_modifier icons around for better clarity, and added a missing icon for "Springtime of Nations"
- South German-majority Schleswig excluded from "Form the SGF" decision
- Events corrected: Queen Victoria's Coronation, Local Railway Shares
- Yemen starts with techs
- Moar spelling corrections
Version 4 (mirror)
- Alaska Purchase transfers all USA-cored Russian North American territories now
- Ostend Manifesto: Cuba must be a slave state
- Form Germany decision disabled for Israel
- Can't do the Peking Convention as Russia during a war with China. (Had a weird war where AI Russia tried to annex China, and ended up occupying the Mainland for over 30 years during which it enacted this decision. FINALLY it ended with white peace. If only they'd landed a brigade on Taiwan...)
- Lots of typo corrections, in particular, to inventions, reform names
Version 3 (Rapidshare mirror)
- no longer overwrites game csv's, uses the file-name override instead
- some fixes to errant traits and factory inputs
- corrected and optimized some flavor events for Austria imported from Victoria 1, with more corrections probably to come
- fixed invention firing chance bug
- fixed misspelled country/global flags, including one regarding Jacobin Uprisings that may account for the quietness of the liberal revolutions in-game
- Pop changes: aristocrats 2% check is done at state instead of national level
- corrected duplicate region names
- Gave some events new "sanity checks"
- Fixed "clergyman, not an officer" promotion check bug
- Fixed a lot of typos in localisation - including misspelled province names
- Fixed manowar consuming 2% the artillery of a frigate instead of 200%
Version 1 (mirror)
- Fixed typos and incorrect characters in the text files
- removed redundant brackets
- All tags should now have parties for all ideologies, and those with missing reactionary ideology have been restored
- Temperance events that checked a country is not "muslim" now check for sunni or shiite. I wasn't sure if they ever showed up before, but I have seen temperance league events in my games now.
- Corrected provinces that may have been missing cores
MASSIVE THANKS go to Jamie550 for the Clausewitz Validator for Victoria II without which this pack would not be possible. The validator spotted 95% of the errors - I just made the necessary edits to let the files pass.
Extra special thanks also go to Paradox, of course, for being such a great game company