+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial fix pack for 1.2

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Unofficial fix pack for 1.2

Check out the new Bitbucket repository for download links and source!

Description

This is an unofficial compilation of bug and typo fixes for 1.2. The pack contains no substantive feature changes - i.e. no changes to promotion, needs, rebels or the like - but may resolve small issues such as missing ship and leader names, missing political parties, or certain events never firing.

Installation

Install by extracting over the base game files or use JSGME (recommended). If mod folders are working yet, you can probably make a mod file for them but I haven't tried this. If you want to use this with "rebalancing mods", overwrite these files with the other mod's, as these are essentially fixed vanilla - but be wary of unintended side effects.

Disclaimer

Use at your own risk. Some, possibly most, of the changes may have absolutely no effect on gameplay. Report back if you find any issues.

Here's a general summary of the changes - a full list is in the zip's readme:

Version 10 details (mirror)
    Version 9 details (mirror)
    Version 8 details (mirror)
    Version 7 details (mirror)
    Version 6 details (mirror)

Version 5 (mirror)
    Version 4 (mirror)
    • Alaska Purchase transfers all USA-cored Russian North American territories now
    • Ostend Manifesto: Cuba must be a slave state
    • Form Germany decision disabled for Israel
    • Can't do the Peking Convention as Russia during a war with China. (Had a weird war where AI Russia tried to annex China, and ended up occupying the Mainland for over 30 years during which it enacted this decision. FINALLY it ended with white peace. If only they'd landed a brigade on Taiwan...)
    • Lots of typo corrections, in particular, to inventions, reform names

Version 3 (Rapidshare mirror)
    • no longer overwrites game csv's, uses the file-name override instead
    • some fixes to errant traits and factory inputs
    • corrected and optimized some flavor events for Austria imported from Victoria 1, with more corrections probably to come
    • fixed invention firing chance bug
    • fixed misspelled country/global flags, including one regarding Jacobin Uprisings that may account for the quietness of the liberal revolutions in-game
    • Pop changes: aristocrats 2% check is done at state instead of national level

Version 2
    • corrected duplicate region names
    • Gave some events new "sanity checks"
    • Fixed "clergyman, not an officer" promotion check bug
    • Fixed a lot of typos in localisation - including misspelled province names
    • Fixed manowar consuming 2% the artillery of a frigate instead of 200%

Version 1 (mirror)
    • Fixed typos and incorrect characters in the text files
    • removed redundant brackets
    • All tags should now have parties for all ideologies, and those with missing reactionary ideology have been restored
    • Temperance events that checked a country is not "muslim" now check for sunni or shiite. I wasn't sure if they ever showed up before, but I have seen temperance league events in my games now.
    • Corrected provinces that may have been missing cores

Credits

MASSIVE THANKS go to Jamie550 for the Clausewitz Validator for Victoria II without which this pack would not be possible. The validator spotted 95% of the errors - I just made the necessary edits to let the files pass.

Extra special thanks also go to Paradox, of course, for being such a great game company
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chann; 21-12-2010 at 11:04.
    Victoria II unofficial fix pack for 1.2 (last update 2010-12-23)
    Dominion: British Imperial Relations v 1.3 (2010-11-01)
    Australia/New Zealand Improvement Mod (WIP, mate)

1 Labourer has been promoted to Bureaucrat this month

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    EUIV: Call to arms eventMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder WizardWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Nice one!
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Good job! I'm going to test this one out for sure.
    The HRE Revised Mod is a Holy Roman Empire and CKII balance mod aimed to stop want to be despot emperors in their tracks

Try the 3.4 version of the Age of Colonialism mod for Victoria II v1.4 beta 26 sept 2011

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

BTW I have another easy fix for you that you can implement, as I already did that for myself. See this post in the bug reports:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...change-Mistake
    The HRE Revised Mod is a Holy Roman Empire and CKII balance mod aimed to stop want to be despot emperors in their tracks

Try the 3.4 version of the Age of Colonialism mod for Victoria II v1.4 beta 26 sept 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen View Post
    BTW I have another easy fix for you that you can implement, as I already did that for myself. See this post in the bug reports:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...change-Mistake
    Thanks, I'm combing through recent threads now looking for fixes to incorporate. It's easy to miss stuff, especially if they are issues from 1.1 that are still lingering, so just point me to the thread and I'll see about adding them.

A great improvement

I don't know whether your work along with mine contributed to this, but either way I'm amazed by the amount of improvement I have created along with this mod to v1.2. I have combined some sources from several mods with some of my own fixes and your unofficial patch and I can report the following:

- In my current testgame the world is developing way more realistic
    - As the Netherlands (which is a really easy country financially in vanilla v1.2) for the first time I had to choose where to allocate my money, no more no brain 100% slider settings, however it must be said that I did increase the pop demands quite a lot, so that explains the reduced income and increased expenses as well.
    - My own work has reduced colonial and non-culture military size dramatically for the early game, which is really reducing the UK's ability to have monster scores
    - My own work has "fixed" or "rebalanced" the assimilation levels, no more 30%+ national culture assimilation in colonies, most colonial national culture increases are due to colonial migration
    - North German Federation has been formed in 1852 after a Prussian conflict with Austria, without all these changes I have never once seen Prussia declare war to Austria in v1.2
    - Sardinia Piedmonte underway to form Italy as it is already a Great Power in 1850
    - Some events that I have never seen before are now triggered

These are most of the things that I noted with combining this mod to my own work, I will update my findings when I play some more.

Here are some screenies:

Also notice that Burma is still independent.
    Last edited by Van Diemen; 10-10-2010 at 12:01.

I don't know whether your work along with mine contributed to this, but either way I'm amazed by the amount of improvement I have created along with this mod to v1.2. I have combined some sources from several mods with some of my own fixes and your unofficial patch and I can report the following:

- In my current testgame the world is developing way more realistic
    - As the Netherlands (which is a really easy country financially in vanilla v1.2) for the first time I had to choose where to allocate my money, no more no brain 100% slider settings, however it must be said that I did increase the pop demands quite a lot, so that explains the reduced income and increased expenses as well.
    - My own work has reduced colonial and non-culture military size dramatically for the early game, which is really reducing the UK's ability to have monster scores
    - My own work has "fixed" or "rebalanced" the assimilation levels, no more 30%+ national culture assimilation in colonies, most colonial national culture increases are due to colonial migration
    - North German Federation has been formed in 1852 after a Prussian conflict with Austria, without all these changes I have never once seen Prussia declare war to Austria in v1.2
    - Sardinia Piedmonte underway to form Italy as it is already a Great Power in 1850
    - Some events that I have never seen before are now triggered

These are most of the things that I noted with combining this mod to my own work, I will update my findings when I play some more.
    That's great. All I can say is that the improvements are due to the synergy of your work, and the fixes working together. Keep in mind this unofficial patch is in no way a rebalancing exercise - the only values I've changed are the clearly incorrect ones. Glad to hear you're getting "new" events though, I suspected some of the buggy event simply didn't fire at all.

Thank you for the work on this. Great job.

Another status report

Here is another status report of the combined effort of our two mods.

The following world events have happened:
    - Italy was formed out of Sardinia-Piedmonte in 1854
    - The Papal states didn't join, but fierce Pan-Italian rebels forced them to join Italy
    - France faced a revolution and is now a republic (jay!) and lost its rank 1 position to the UK again.
    - The American Civil War started in 1872, however they split off when the USA was weak due to revolts of Jacobin rebels.

- I annexed Belgium taking advantage of the weakness of France due to their revolution.

See screenshots:

Last edited by Van Diemen; 10-10-2010 at 14:00.

Here is another status report of the combined effort of our two mods.
    Nice to see people so eager and fast to fix things up (thx chann).

Van Diemen, looks like your changes are working out quite nicely judging from your description and the screen shots.
    Any chance you could make them available for others to play with?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Valley of lurkers, somewhere in western Norway

Smile Interresting

This thread should realy be on the main forum!

It would gather more comments that way.
    In our darkest hours all the shades are gray

Quote Originally Posted by BayesBug View Post
    Van Diemen, looks like your changes are working out quite nicely judging from your description and the screen shots.
    I would like to add my support for BayesBug's request.

Quote Originally Posted by BayesBug View Post
    looks like your changes are working out quite nicely judging from your description and the screen shots.
    Yes, I'm still balancing things a bit, as the military power of most nations is a bit too weak right now. Education takes up a lot of the budget currently due to high clergy goods demand. I'm going to reduce their demand a bit in order for the AI to have a bit more funds available for their defense budgets.

As I already mentioned earlier, the game is a bit different from what you expect if you have played vanilla Victoria II. Government expenses are much greater compared to vanilla, sometimes I have the impression the expenses are even too much. This results in a way more difficult and slower buildup of your nation. Most minors and even the greater nations can have difficulty from the start in balancing the budget, in some cases you might even need to cut expenses for education, administation and defense to 10% of the maximum budget for maybe two years. One positive aspect of this is that at least the financial techs are useful now, while in vanilla some countries that floated with cash could easily ignore them.

I'm thinking of releasing my work once it is reaching the right balance. Furthermore, before releasing I might have to ask the other modding teams permission for usings elements of their work before I can release this to the public.

Also, I have to verify whether I was very lucky with that last game!

Question to the public: did anyone notice the Ottoman Empire being a capable empire in vanilla v1.2 or using only this unofficial bugfix patch? In my testgames they are one of the Great powers often rank 3 or 4, which is a bit too strong IMO. This has to do with the current political party that they have, they can build factories from the start (State Capitalism) giving them a huge advantage over laisse faire and interventionist governments.
    Last edited by Van Diemen; 10-10-2010 at 17:50.

I have only played once, but I didn't saw OE doing anything remarkable. Mostly stuck as a secunday power. Anyway, on my game I have seen the formation of North Germany, whole Germany and Italy, without Venice. USA does nothing to get to the Pacific.
    Last edited by archaon_archi; 11-10-2010 at 01:33.

COuld someone include a fix for the Bhopur province decision issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    COuld someone include a fix for the Bhopur province decision issue?
    Unfortunately I've looked everywhere and I can't find the text of that decision. And Victoria 2 isn't supposed to have province decisions? It may be a deeper issue than it appears.

Updated to 2nd version, which adds localisation fixes and a few things I found fixable while going through the bug reports forum. Please let me know if there are any problems.

Great fixer wish you could add some small new decisions thought.... ( sorry for complaning...feel like an ass now.. )

Darkest Hour Team & Lead GFX Inner Circle's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Wow that´s great!

Well done

DARKEST HOUR
    1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

200k clubCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

great job!

Quote Originally Posted by chann View Post
    ...which adds localisation fixes...
    for further work: if you want to change entries in localisation files without changing the original files - put the changes in a file like your missingparties.csv but let the filename start with 0 (zero or number NULL). it will be loaded first and your changes will working instead of the same at the origins (for an example take a look at my sig with DeutschKorrektur VIC2).

and a short feedback from my japan-game with V1:
    - usa intervene in texas-independend-war and annexed texas after white peace
    - south-german-federation formed by austria in 1862
    - italy formed at 1871 by sardinia-piemont
    - i failed with civilising JAP ´cause there is no change to get 30 prestige without wars against china or russia (which is impossible to win).
    Last edited by mate0815; 12-10-2010 at 00:57.
    EU4-MOD:
    HaREM: Heirs and Rulers Education Mod (English & German)

Deutsch statt Paradoxisch?
    -> Besseres Deutsch für EU IV: Community-Deutschkorrektur
    -> Besseres Deutsch für EUIII (inkl. Erweiterungen): Deutsch_0.4, Deutsch_IN_v3.00, Deutsch_HttT_v4.10 oder Deutsch_DW_v5.17
    -> Besseres Deutsch für EU:ROME und EU:R Vae Victis / ROME:Gold: EUR_deutsch_v1.1 oder EUR_deutsch_v2.34
    -> Besseres Deutsch für Victoria II: VIC2_DeutschKorrektur v0.16, AHD_DeutschKorrektur v2.05 und HoD_DeutschKorrektur v3.02
    -> Besseres Deutsch für Sengoku: Sengoku_DeutschKorrektur v0.30

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast