Thread: (MOD) The Dark Years

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Thanks!

Who knows how to get the vanilla map?

Lightbulb Escheat -- Because resistance is feudal

I worked up an event based on the feudalistic notion of escheat--that ruling families who die out have their lands revert back to their liege. The trigger is on_new_monarch, being a subject nation, and crowning an heir with less than average incoming legitimacy. Let me know what you think.

What you need to do: The trick is to add the event number to the on_new_monarch entry in on_actions.txt in your \common folder. I have been using it in my EAF game, and it works historically for the HRE above all, though of course there could be game balance issues, given the difficulty of HTTT monarchs to produce legitimate heirs...

Code:
    country_event = {

id = 11900

is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
    		is_subject = yes
    		government = monarchy
    		NOT = { legitimacy = 50 }
    		}

title = "EVTNAME11900"
    	desc = "EVTDESC11900"

option = {
    	name = "EVTOPTA11900"
    	ai_chance = { factor = 100 }
    	overlord = { 
    		country_event = 11901
    		}
    	}

option = {
    	name = "EVTOPTB11900"
    	ai_chance = { factor = 0 }
    	stability = 1
    	}
    }

country_event = {

id = 11901

is_triggered_only = yes

title = "EVTNAME11901"
    	desc = "EVTDESC11901"

option = {			#Keep it for ourselves
    	name = "EVTOPTA11901" 
    	ai_chance = { factor = 30 }
            inherit = THIS 
    	limit = { is_emperor = yes }
    	add_imperial_influence = 5
    	}

option = {			#Let the new dynasty keep the fief
    	name = "EVTOPTB11901"
    	ai_chance = { factor = 40 }
    	prestige = 5.0
    	relation = { who = THIS value = 100 }
    	}
    }
    Now for the localisation:

Code:
    EVTNAME11900;Escheat;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
    EVTDESC11900;With the expiration of our dynastic line, the Emperor demands that we return our ancestral lands to the imperial demesne;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
    EVTOPTA11900;Fine. We have no choice;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
    EVTOPTB11900;I fought my way to this throne!;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
    EVTNAME11901;Our Right of Escheat;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
    EVTDESC11901;Our vassal, the Lord of $FROMCOUNTRY$, died intestate. His chancellor has returned his land to the imperial demesne;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
    EVTOPTA11901;Good to know;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
    EVTOPTB11901;Let them keep this worthless piece of land;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
    Last edited by RedRooster81; 10-10-2010 at 04:25. Reason: corrected inheritance effect. Thanks enf91

Maybe you should switch the location of the "inherit = this" line. Currently you have the choices being: surrender your land (trigger event and lose country) or gain +1 STAB --> gain stuff or improve relations. With what? The country you would gain relation with was annexed by the previous event. Maybe you should switch "inherit = this" from the first event to the second. Other than that, it looks like a good idea.

Thanks. I have been playing around with a few things and forgot to fix that part.

Edit: Now fixed. Will test to verify that the event WAD. Thanks, enf91 for the feedback!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Looks good.
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Quote Originally Posted by xm709 View Post
    Who knows how to get the vanilla map?
    If you mean the vanilla map (the provinces), you can't.
    If you mean the Handdrawn map mod, you can't get the vanilla either. The mod uses things that only work with HDM.

Thanks, Tuore. Feel free to use it as is or modify for next release. I have added the HRE events and decisions from SRI, so redistributing fiefs is good for maintaining imperial authority.

byzantine

I just started playing with the byzantine and i am enjoying it

i only have a few problems

the infamy is huge so how do i suppossed to get jurusalem back (havent got any missions for it ) if i am eventualy able to take on the muslim world

but i gues that isnt a problem

also i would like to spread the greek culture but since i have no colonist i cant do setllement policy

another thing is that i dont get moddifiers for wen i try to intergrate
    i have several non core provinses with greek culture but the dont get a modifier that confirms that

i 'll gues that i will play some further to sea of any of the provinces actually cores after 75 years (50 are past now)

i actually really like this mod

I am playing now with the byzantines in a row first vannila now meiu and now tdy
    if you want peace prepare for war

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur II
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Scafeld, Hallamscir, Jorvíkscir, Englaland
    Quote Originally Posted by trajanus161 View Post
    I just started playing with the byzantine and i am enjoying it

i only have a few problems

the infamy is huge so how do i suppossed to get jurusalem back (havent got any missions for it ) if i am eventualy able to take on the muslim world

but i gues that isnt a problem
    You need to get one of the casus belli available, I haven't been involved with the Byzzies so I don't know which are available, but once the crusades begin I think Byzantium gains a CB, do you not have the Holy War CB?

also i would like to spread the greek culture but since i have no colonist i cant do setllement policy
    You aren't supposed to have colonists, to prevent unrealistic expansion into the New World, but that could do with being fixed, I'll include something with my crusades for the spread of Greek culture back into the Muslim world (and vice versa).

another thing is that i dont get moddifiers for wen i try to intergrate
    i have several non core provinses with greek culture but the dont get a modifier that confirms that

i 'll gues that i will play some further to sea of any of the provinces actually cores after 75 years (50 are past now)
    Known bug, it should be fixed for the next version, Tuore has posted how to fix it in the bug-reports thread I think.

i actually really like this mod

I am playing now with the byzantines in a row first vannila now meiu and now tdy
    Good! I'm glad you are enjoying it! We aren't finished yet, we have several more ideas to introduce into the mod before Divine Wind is released, such as an improved HRE system, a more realistic vassal system, and I'd also like to improve the Papacy a bit.

ok thx i had already got one province cored in the meantime

I had several vassalise missions (all completed them )
    italy is now my vasal region
    but no missions against the muslim world and no holy war cassus belli either
    but now i am getting some missions against the mongol nations so i will be buzzy for a while

and when do the crusades come actually ?

its going verry good
    i like the fact of not expanding to fast first to times i had to quit after 10 years because i couldn't handle the rebbellions but now i managed to control them
    if you want peace prepare for war

Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    If you mean the Handdrawn map mod, you can't get the vanilla either. The mod uses things that only work with HDM.
    yes, i meant this.
    oh, this is poorly. because with integrated gpu game runs quite slowly...

Modeling the Magyars

This has perplexed me for a while. How to model the Magyars, who were a real threat to the survival of East Francia and her vassal states for much of the tenth century. Something like a third of the Bavarian population died in the war that led up to Louis the Child's death in 911. I see that DW will have some new dynamics for hordes, but in the meantime, what would be the best way to represent East Francia's frontier problems?

Hey donno if someone already caught this, but I think your missing a localization for a centralized female ruler, because I was messing around w/ roman empire and ended up with a female heir (Helene), eventually she ascended throne, but instead of "Empress" it says "Centralized_empire_ruler_female" Other than that, great mod! Been waiting for 1.0 for a long time

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

This mod looks pretty promising...

Any ETA on 1.1, tuore? I think I'll hold off until then to give this mod a spin.
    "Hic iacet inclitus Godefridus De Bulion qui totam istam terram acquisivit cultui Christiano, cuius anima cum Christo requiescat. Amen."
    -- Alleged inscription on the tomb of Godfrey of Bouillon, Advocatus Sancti Sepulchri

Currently I'm held off by other things, so no ETA just yet.

fantastic! i have to see some screenshots this game is a dream come true maybe paradox will take a look and move the EU timetable back a tad bit to the fall of the roman empire wishful thinking....
    United Christian Slavs

okay still no answer to the CTD's that are occuring one after the other.... always before the title screen appears....
    United Christian Slavs

Quote Originally Posted by Vagn View Post
    Ok then, I'll have a quick practice at release and then start the game for the AAR. I'm not sure who to play as though, I think I'm going to try and form the North Sea Empire, following in Knut's footsteps, but I'm not sure who to start off as. Any ideas anyone?
    if you are interested playing as the principality of Kiev that should lead to some interesting gameplay... i will be happy to write one as the Rurikids after i can get this mod to load... *sigh*
    United Christian Slavs

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

So does Mod work in with the newest patch from Paradox? As it seems my EU3 crashes every time I try to load this mod :-(

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 40 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast