What is this mod?
This mod replaces the vanilla black & white model photos used in the production and brigade view windows with coloured drawings.
It started as a simple port of the HoI2 mod DMP. The scope of the mod however raised soon when I started to change more and more things... taking new directions... I'm now using no more than a 1% of original DMP resources, completely replacing or heavily modifing the other 99%.
So it's not DMP anymore, it's my own mod... however a big thank you still goes to the DMP team for letting me use their resources as a base to start my work.
I'm doing this mainly for myself... wasn't even planning to release it, but at some point the mod started to be so big that it would have been a waste to keep it for me alone, thought that others would have probably liked it too.
The project started in march, I have been putting a lot of effort into this during the last months, and I also registered my copy of HoI3 just to open this thread (I never register anything)... so you gotta appreciate it
This is the HoI2 port of my HoI3 mod, that can be found here: Francesco's Models Mod HoI3
With quality drawings you can display a lot more details compared to historical photos, it's also easier to achive a consistent look and feel between the various models, and this adds a lot... at least for me.
It takes a lot of patience but the result is worth the effort in my opinion.
What's the goal of the mod and what about the current status?
I want to get a consistent feeling while playing the game with different countries, the final goal of the mod is to cover as many nations as possible, it already deals with 13 countries for nearly 3000 models!
Countries covered so far: USA, USSR, Germany, England, France, Italy, Japan, Poland, Finland, Spain, Hungary, Romania and Argentina. More to come.
The mod also replaces nuclear reactor, air base, naval base, AA, radar, rocket test facility, convoys, escorts and industrial capacity images with new ones, in line with the art style of the mod.
I'm open to questions and suggestions, so if you have them... just post.
HoI2 Arma/AoD version:
Francesco's Models Mod 2.0 (Filefront)
HoI2 Iron Cross version:
Francesco's Models Mod 2.0 IC (Filefront)
Just unpack the archive into your HoI2 dir (you are going to need WinRar) overwrite the old files.
Can we see a few screens?
I'm not a man of words so I'll be happy to let some screenshots speak for me.
The following screens are just a few of the loads of models contained in the mod.