• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi everyone,

We have developed a new patch for Lionheart KC that might help you with the crashes. But it requires testing on the crashing systems.
So we'd like to ask for your help - if you are willing to help us in fixing the problem please write us to support@neocoregames.com
Please write there that you want to test the new patch and check if that really helps - and please also tell us which kind of crash you had (first battle crash - and where exactly, or random crashes). We'll send you the patch then and we're counting on your feedback.

We really hope that it will help many of you.

/Kate

Is this offer available to Steam users, too? Will we be able to install this experimental patch and then allow steam to update with the eventual full patch without reinstall?

Here's my dxdiag. Mine CTD at the end of the first mission when I press the button (like in other reports in this thread)
Vista 32bit
2gb ram
2x8800 gtx

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    57,3 KB · Views: 119
I got this e-mail from a user with this crash, I hope it can help someone before the patch arrives!

I normally don't advocate cheating but by using "ctrl + shft + 1" then using "winBattle now" right near the end of the first and second Crusader Missions I have been able to progress.

Thanks. I'll give this a try. My game crashed at second mission and I don't think I have the patience to try it out once more only to have it crash. Already been through that mission 10+ times. Not fun.
cheers

Same here.

i've tried the beta patch and sent my feedback (with no answer, probably means they are working hard on fixing the issue). Also tried the ctrl+shift+1 but same error appears when clicking on OK to validate victory. Also tried with many differents graphic setttings and Nvidia latest drivers but no success still.

thanks in advance for your help.

Sent an email and a PM to you Kate, still no word back. I noticed someone said that King Arthur had resolved the launcher crash, any word for LH? I'd love to test the beta patch if possible.

Same here.

i've tried the beta patch and sent my feedback (with no answer, probably means they are working hard on fixing the issue). Also tried the ctrl+shift+1 but same error appears when clicking on OK to validate victory. Also tried with many differents graphic setttings and Nvidia latest drivers but no success still.

thanks in advance for your help.

Try using the cheat earlier, works for me but may not for everyone.

The problem with the cheat is you don't know when it will happen exactly, I've seen the third scenario once. At least if thats the one where you can choose several places for the first time. I chose Antioch(don't remember its in game name atm) crashed a few minutes in. Since then I haven't been able to play past the first scenario and have tried probably 20 times.

Try using the cheat earlier, works for me but may not for everyone.

Tried twice the second mission "jerusalem" at different stages of the battle, but crash still happens after clicking ok to validate victory. thanks anyway Jaie. Have you guys had any feedbacks from the beta patch? i've tested it and sent feedback but haven't got any answer yet................... It's a shame, I had absolutely no error no crash with king's arthur (i loved the game).

I hope that will be fixed soon.
take care everyone, have a great day.

that cheat worked for me..i just tried it at the beginning of the battle since i didn't want to go through it all again and i lowered my quality setting or whatever to medium.

ahh nvm, that crash happens at the end of any battle, the cheat works tho..if u use it at the beginning of the battle.

Last edited:
ich hatte ja hoffnung das ihr das ihrgendwie mal hinkriegt bis weihnachten , aber leider wird das ja wohl nichts .
Wann meint ihr den kommt der Patch damit die erste mission auch mal spielbar wird , ich mein der Release liegt bald 3 Monate zurück und eine menge Kunden können noch nicht einmal die Erste Mission spielen , das ist schon eine ziemlich schwache leistung .

PS:von wem kriege ich eigentlich nach fast 3 Monaten mein Geld zurück ?

So ... Have we got any further yet?

I was given this game for Xmas (on the day of Archos' last entry above, as it happens) and I've been experiencing all of the crashing problems mentioned - and mentioned on several Lionheart forums. My crash usually happens at the end of the third scenario, just after I've taken Jerusalem.

So ... Is anybody any nearer to fixing this really disappointing problem? Like Paradox or Neocore? This is all very lax of you, Paradox and Neocore. Bad show.

I purchased the game three days ago. Also I have crash problem. I wrote to Steam and Neocore helpdesk about problem. Still I did not received any message. Totaly garbage. I think I want refund my money back to me.

I have problems with game The Kings Crusade that I've bought via STEAM.

When i win the map and click to continue after seeing how many troops
i have left and which ones leveled the game crashes.
The map is Baghdad.

I'm running 64-bit Windows7.
Please see attachment for DxDiag.

The errors are following, MS visual c++ runtime errors:

Faulting application name: Launcher.exe_Game Launcher, version:
1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4e2d6018
Faulting module name: MSVCR90.dll, version: 9.0.21022.8, time stamp: 0x47313dce
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x0005bb47
Faulting process id: 0xcdc
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc54139ef5f0b8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files
(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\lionheart - king's crusade\Launcher.exe
Faulting module path:
C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57\MSVCR90.dll
Report Id: 4ad61df3-c00a-11e0-ab90-0018f306936c

Faulting module name: PhysXCore.dll, version: 2.8.1.51, time stamp: 0x4bb573aa
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00185d85
Faulting process id: 0x15dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc52bf58a18501
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA
Corporation\PhysX\Engine\v2.8.1\PhysXCore.dll
Report Id: 404ffdc7-beb5-11e0-a94d-0018f306936c

Faulting module name: Game.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e2d607f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00250d41
Faulting process id: 0x14ac
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc52b8cd074e41
Faulting application path: c:\program files
(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\lionheart - king's crusade\Launcher.exe
Faulting module path: c:\program files
(x86)\steam\steamapps\common\lionheart - king's crusade\Game.dll
Report Id: 99fb2a0b-beae-11e0-a94d-0018f306936c

Faulting module name: MSVCR90.dll, version: 9.0.30729.6161, time
stamp: 0x4dace5b9
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x0005beae
Faulting process id: 0xd00
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc52ae0962a455
Faulting module path:
C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57\MSVCR90.dll
Report Id: b5037b52-bea1-11e0-a94d-0018f306936c

Recently started playing, on Steam. Also getting the crash at the end of the first Crusader mission, on clicking to continue after the results dialogue. Visual C++ Runtime error, I think it was something along the lines of the application asking to be closed in an unusual way or something... if you really need the exact message, I'll play through the whole battle again just to get it, but it'll be a few days before I have time. If any other info would be useful, if there's some way of generating a log, please let me know. I'm not happy having paid for a game that I can only play by cheating (which I haven't done yet, hoping against hope for a fix), but I'd much prefer a fix over a refund, because the game is pretty good from what I've experienced so far. Loving the siege engines and the multi-stage battles, the factions mechanic looks good, and the game is beautiful. Please find some way to allow me to play short of cheating.

PS: Basic stats - win7 64bit, Graphics are Nvidia450, most settings lowest or second-to-lowest available, resolution 960xsomething (much lower than the monitor native, as I thought it might help the game somehow if I dropped the demands), system RAM 4GB...