• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kevinmiken

Recruit
127 Badges
Jan 2, 2010
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Knights of Honor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Majesty 2
Just started playing game got it from direct2drive. I can get through tutorial and can get into first map of the crusaders campaign, but when i win the map and click to continue after seeing how many troops i have left and which ones leveled the game crashes.

I've played the first battle twice now and both times the game has crashed at the loading screen after the battle is anyone else having this problem or have a solution?

I already tried validating the game files.

Specs: E8500, GTX 285, 8 GB OCZ Plat1066, Win7 Ult x64

Ok, so I started off the first mission, so far so good beat some of the enemies then when I get to the point where you set up the catapults etc,
and I line all my troops up, after I hit "Start Battle" said game launcher has stopped working or whatever. :(

Will try again I guess.

update: Ok so got past the point where I was earlier, I took out the 2 archer towers on each side of the gate, about 5 to 10 minutes into the battle and 'crash' , same crap about game launcher has stopped working.
Also I noticed in my Steam downloads that the game updated 780KB, not sure if this was a fix for the crashing or what, maybe it fixed it for some but not me unfortunately.

i7 920
GTX 285 nvidia drivers v258.96
12GB OCZ XMP Series DDR3 1600
Windows7 Ultimate 64 bit
Lionheart Steam version

Last edited:
Hello!

OT: Finally i can post here... after i registered my Mount&Blade Warband. There is no way yet to register Lionheart :(

For me Lionheart crashes on startup. There is the loading screen where the title stands in big letters and after a few seconds i get a C++ Runtime error:

Program: ...\steamapps\common\lionheart - kings crusade\launcher.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information.

i5 750
2 HD 4890 in Crossfire
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Lionheart Retail Version

Program: ...\steamapps\common\lionheart - kings crusade\launcher.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information.

I got the same error when I played the first mission of the crusader campaign, hope there will be a solution for this problem.

Last edited:
so from the looks their is no type of support for this game i can find

The support is suppose to be on this forum but to see it you have to register the game, which registration is not available yet. So would be nice if paradox could unlock the tech support forum until registration is available.

Could some one who has the game working with an nvidia gpu post which driver version they are using? I think a driver issue might be contributing to the post battle crashes much like it did with King Arthur.

I got the crashing with driver version 258.96. When I upgraded to the new beta driver 260.63 and the corresponding new phsyx the game refused to start claiming I did not have phsyx installed when I ran the physx installer it said I had a newer phsyx already installed which I did.

I remember there being a specific set of drivers that crashed less with King Arthur so I am going to look that up and try those until someone can post a set of drivers that are working and we can see if that is the problem or not. The recommended driver version was 196.21

Operating on the assumption that the game engine is very similar to King Arthur's, which it seems to be, another possible fix is here:
http://www.kingarthurthewargame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1124

Last edited:
There is no way yet to register Lionheart :(

Yeah that sucks, I am sure there are alot of pissed off users having issues and can't even post in the developers forum, also no Lionheart section for us Steam users.

I found this on the Lionheart Twitter so they are working on it.

"We confirm that Lionheart: Kings' Crusade will get forum codes/icons - priority #1 right now though is to get the forum running again. 1:14 AM Oct 8th via TweetDeck"

source: http://twitter.com/Lionheartgame

By reading this statement "priority #1 right now though is to get the forum running again" sounds to me like they are putting up there own forum, like King Arthur has.

Last edited:
Ok I had the game working now not exactly sure what did it but here is what I did:

I just set the launcher to run as admin as well as the game whereas previously I only had the game set to run as admin.
I changed the graphics to the high default setting instead of using a custom setting or very high. The main change here seems to be the 1280x720 resolution since I was running the other sliders lower than that at some point.
I am running the 197.21 drivers.

Specs again: E8500, GTX 285, 8 GB OCZ Plat1066, Win7 Ult x64

Hopefully this helps someone else get their game running too.

Edit:
This only worked one time the game is back to crashing every time

Last edited:
"Ok, so I started off the first mission, so far so good beat some of the enemies then when I get to the point where you set up the catapults etc,
and I line all my troops up, after I hit "Start Battle" said game launcher has stopped working or whatever. :("

I had this exact problem.
Not sure what the cause is (more than likely the exact same cause as all the other crashes).
A friend of mine has been running the GamersGate version without fault though.......Personally I have the impulse version.

I have almost the exact same problem as eagleFMJ and DoomsWord89, only I appear to crash a little sooner, actually. In the first Crusader mission, I have just completed the first objective, (Secure the Port). Then I decide to go for the building site atop the huge hill overlooking the city. I move my units up and start fighting the defending Saracens. Then, in the middle of this battle, the game crashes and sends me to desktop.

FYI, I am using the GamersGate version and have the newest drivers for my graphics-card.