• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is this still seriously a problem?

I -ALMOST- just bought this game too. Good thing some user reviews noted this huge issue. I'll save my money until this is fixed.. or just spend it on another title.

Edit: It also sort of kills any interest I have in King Arthur 2. I mean, come on. This is how you act with your last major release, and you expect me to give you 40-50 bucks?

For me, yes. I've chucked it as a failed investment a long time ago and moved on and expect most who suffered the same to have done the same. That's just how it goes.

I -ALMOST- just bought this game too. Good thing some user reviews noted this huge issue. I'll save my money until this is fixed.. or just spend it on another title.
I haven't tried any of the various workarounds, but very much a problem for me with the end-of-first-battle crash. To be fair, I shouldn't have to work-around. It's all rather puzzling. I can understand that Neocore folks might be having trouble running it down, but then they'd be expected to show interest when someone reports the problem and offers to send whatever supporting data they'd like...

ich hatte ja hoffnung das ihr das ihrgendwie mal hinkriegt bis weihnachten , aber leider wird das ja wohl nichts .
Wann meint ihr den kommt der Patch damit die erste mission auch mal spielbar wird , ich mein der Release liegt bald 3 Monate zurück und eine menge Kunden können noch nicht einmal die Erste Mission spielen , das ist schon eine ziemlich schwache leistung .

PS:von wem kriege ich eigentlich nach fast 3 Monaten mein Geld zurück ?

Also bei mir klappts mit dem 1.03 patch (WFM with the 1.03 patch).

Hey, I just got myself a brand new computer and decided to revisit Lionheart and what would you know? Despite the massive hardware and software change from the configuration I had at Lionheart's launch, where the game was a buggy crashmonster, by going from a 4GB dual core 32bit architecture running vista with GTS512 gfx to 16GB quad core 64bit win7 with GTi560 gfx, Lionheart still crashes frequently during missions.

At least I've got to give it points for consistency.

Odds of me not buying KA2 at full price upon launch: verging on unity despite my love of supporting minor developers of strategy games. Neocore's track record is getting really, really, poor where I am concerned.

From occasional random battle crashes in King Arthur: TRPWG to frequent random battle crashes in Lionheart (that is built on the same age) coupled with consistent crashes, one can only fear what happens when Neocore launches their next game. Will a third category of battle crashes be added to the steaming pile of unstable code that underlies their current game engine? Time will tell, but this time, I'll let somebody else pay for the privilege of finding out the hard way with full priced software.

Last edited:
Picked this up recently as its a title that has interested me for a while, hoping that all the earlier problems would be sorted by now. Nope. Crashes all over the place, and always the same issues that have been brought up on here since release with C+++ errors.

tbh it just leaves a really bad taste in the mouth to have a game in this state so long after release and with from what i can see the absolute bare minimum of support. Have washed my hands of Neocore and will be far more wary of independent games that Paradox puts its name too in future as well. This just doesnt reflect well on anyone at all really.

Yesterday i bought the game as the steam Collection for 9,99€, today i finally tried the game. First all okay, all good. After Mission it´s crashed with a Runtime Error and now i should try it again....tryed again and again Runtime Error....Whats the problem saw many guys here with a problem at mission 1 how can i fix this? And i don´t want to try the mission a 3rd time, just to get another Runtime Error.

Yesterday i bought the game as the steam Collection for 9,99€, today i finally tried the game. First all okay, all good. After Mission it´s crashed with a Runtime Error and now i should try it again....tryed again and again Runtime Error....Whats the problem saw many guys here with a problem at mission 1 how can i fix this? And i don´t want to try the mission a 3rd time, just to get another Runtime Error.
Sounds exactly like what I experienced, and nothing I've found seems to have helped. Not a stirling example of support. It's a shame, as that first mission was pretty fun.

Bought the game on steam recently. It asks me to install nVidia Physx, but when I try is says I already have a newer version of Physx and closes, then the game closes because I didn't install Physx. There a solution to this that I'm just missing?

Bought the game on steam recently. It asks me to install nVidia Physx, but when I try is says I already have a newer version of Physx and closes, then the game closes because I didn't install Physx. There a solution to this that I'm just missing?

I think steam installs physX after it has completed downloading the game. You already have newer PhysX so just click on the run game again don't bother using admin account/code.

Can u play multiplayer(you need to run it as admin for multiplayer it seems)

I fixed the first mission MSVC++ runtime problem for me. I went to uninstall programs in windows, and I had like 4 version of MSVC 2008 for x64 and x86 each. So I uninstalled all but the highest version which is 9.0.30729.6161 for me. So I have MSVC++ 2008 redistributable for x86 and x64 with that version. After doing that, the game made it through the first mission.

I don't have the Steam version. I bought mine via GameStop. It is crashing on me everytime I complete the first mission of the campaign. I cannot get through it. I have even tried removing all but the latest C++ runtime DLLs like the previous poster, but I am still having the problem. I would like to play this game since I paid for it, but it looks like this issue will never get patched. Any help from anybody to get this working on Win 7 64-bit would be appreciated.

I don't have the Steam version. I bought mine via GameStop. It is crashing on me everytime I complete the first mission of the campaign. I cannot get through it. I have even tried removing all but the latest C++ runtime DLLs like the previous poster, but I am still having the problem. I would like to play this game since I paid for it, but it looks like this issue will never get patched. Any help from anybody to get this working on Win 7 64-bit would be appreciated.

Please register your game on the forum and make sure that your game is updated to patch 1.03.