• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(157031)

Master of Procrastination
17 Badges
Aug 21, 2009
  • Iron Cross
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Magicka
  • Lead and Gold
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
Firstly, can I say a big well done to the Iron Cross team for doing such a fantastic job revitalising an already great game! I have a good feeling that the £8.00 price tag will be well worth the content given. The map looks brilliant, and the 1933 start is a massive bonus for HOI 2 players. There is one problem in particular that needs to be fixed ASAP:

First and foremost, the tech tree. I'm going to be honest; it's unreadable. I'm having a very hard time working out what techs do what, what prequisits each tech has, and generally what everything is trying to tell me. When the tech tree gets fixes or made more readable, I'll be able to really experience the game as fully as possible.

Also, on my 16:9 moniter, the full screen looks terrible in the various tabs. This is only a nit pick though.

Well done on getting the game out there, and I hope you keep up the momentum int he patches!

Oh, and can we have a badge please? I'd love to have another badge!

Hi

You can use a Tech Guide (in your icons group)

I know that all players that prove this research system, at first, is complex, but you only need play 2 times

My icons group? This is probably going to be an unbelievably stupid question, but where would I find that?

Or you can go to the path game and run "Tecnoflechas.exe"

Remember, industrial tech have a negative research speed , and the other techs a positive value. Is necessary balance your investigations

Somebody came up with a clever idea: write proposed year of research in the tech name. Would be great if you guys do it

Iron Cross use other idea for that.

In your industrial techs you can view that have a negative research modifier, and the other techs, have a positive modifier.

If you research a lot of industrial techs, in the future you can't research. Is necessary a balance in the investigations

Play some games

You nip that in the butt, though.
You need MASSIVE industrial research to get anywhere near research techs that could balance you out.
With Industrial techs that give you -7% and normal techs that give you hardly 1,0% and often less and only 4 or so techs before the first large industrial humps you are hardly able to stay anywhere north of 75%.
I think that could use some more balancing.

As I posted in another thread:

"My biggest issues right now is Japanese AI losing to Communist China/Nationalist China every single game and German AI stationing 100+ divisions in Rostock and not putting troops on the Soviet border before or during Barbarossa."

Pretty big game breaker ATM.

@Kalusewitz: It is balanced, you need to change your strategy. You are rushing industry techs too fast and losing too much research speed (it is a downward spiraling problem). After every couple or so crucial industry techs they open up access to more +1 to +5 research speed electronic techs. I have no problem staying above 110% as Germany while still keeping a healthy industry. It is a hard system to balance but if you have experience with Mod34 (like me) it isn't hard. You will get used to it.

First of all, congrats on the release to the dev team!

Been playing my first game as the soviets, and the new map is really cool
I like the new research system, you have to find a good balance between industrial researches and others or else your research speed slows down.

The only bug I noticed was when you go into one of the screens (research, production) that a huge black border covers parts of the map, it looks really ugly.
I play AoD at a higher resolution, 1680x1050.

Klausewitz : Yes, this is the idea

As I posted in another thread:

"My biggest issues right now is Japanese AI losing to Communist China/Nationalist China every single game and German AI stationing 100+ divisions in Rostock and not putting troops on the Soviet border before or during Barbarossa."

Pretty big game breaker ATM.

I will prove that, but I only see that in 1/50 games. I don't know the reason of that, because the AI files are programed to avoid this. Can you prove to play a new game?

Klausewitz : Yes, this is the idea

I will prove that, but I only see that in 1/50 games. I don't know the reason of that, because the AI files are programed to avoid this. Can you prove to play a new game?

Are you talking about the AI stacking in random provinces or Japan getting crushed?

Japan getting crushed happens in nearly every game (because Communist China has so much IC and gets many militia troops, which combined with the new amount of provinces allows them to swarm the middle of the Japanese front which is unguarded).

The stack problem I have only seen once but I will try another game and let you know. Regardless I feel like that behavior shouldn't happen in any game.

Are you talking about the AI stacking in random provinces or Japan getting crushed?

Japan getting crushed happens in nearly every game (because Communist China has so much IC and gets many militia troops, which combined with the new amount of provinces allows them to swarm the middle of the Japanese front which is unguarded).

The stack problem I have only seen once but I will try another game and let you know. Regardless I feel like that behavior shouldn't happen in any game.

Please, prove with 1933 or 1934 scenario, and you will know the reason of the communist IC (have a real reason)

First of all, congrats on the release to the dev team!

Been playing my first game as the soviets, and the new map is really cool
I like the new research system, you have to find a good balance between industrial researches and others or else your research speed slows down.

The only bug I noticed was when you go into one of the screens (research, production) that a huge black border covers parts of the map, it looks really ugly.
I play AoD at a higher resolution, 1680x1050.

Hello, i play with a 1680x1050 in Armaggedon version and i haven`t anyproblem

P.D sorry my bad English

Please, prove with 1933 or 1934 scenario, and you will know the reason of the communist IC (have a real reason)

I don't get what you mean by "prove." I know what I've seen. I've played at least three hands off games from '34 and Japan gets crushed in every single one. I don't care if you have a good reason for giving Communist China 60IC, but the fact is is that Japanese AI can't handle defending a 50 province front when Communist China is flooding 30+ militia troops into one area. I'm not the only one seeing this.

Iron Cross use other idea for that.

In your industrial techs you can view that have a negative research modifier, and the other techs, have a positive modifier.

If you research a lot of industrial techs, in the future you can't research. Is necessary a balance in the investigations

Play some games

I still can't understand these +/- research effects, but I trust you that it is good for us.

I still can't understand these +/- research effects, but I trust you that it is good for us.

It is in there because the techs have no historical years. Therefore, to research new tanks/infantry/planes you have to have corresponding industrial techs. If they didn't put in a negative research modifier for these techs than one could arguably attain a 1950-s strength army in 1941 or whenever. The negative research is a counterbalance and forces you to spend time research things other than industry. The key is to find the balance between when to research industry techs and to make sure you don't lose too much research speed.

I don't get what you mean by "prove." I know what I've seen. I've played at least three hands off games from '34 and Japan gets crushed in every single one. I don't care if you have a good reason for giving Communist China 60IC, but the fact is is that Japanese AI can't handle defending a 50 province front when Communist China is flooding 30+ militia troops into one area. I'm not the only one seeing this.

Ok, I will check this

Ok, I will check this